The Blue Series: The Story Behind The Color

Your Turntable's Not Dead
higherlimits
Little People

Re: The Blue Series: The Story Behind The Color

Post by higherlimits »

Quexzea wrote:Not all, but a lot of these Third Man in store only releases irritate me as 5 year loyal vault member. It's would be nice if us vault members had a shot at some of these items via lottery or even first come first serve via vault novelties (with proper notice). I keep hoping TMR will get a clue and include it's loyal out of town customers in some way.

I had to get that off my chest! It's a very cool book and I'd fork over the $100 just to compliment my TMR collection, as the blue series is huge part of the foundation of the whole TMR concept from day one.
This has been my problem since 2009. Before TMR I could get almost all of the rare stuff fairly easily and cheaply. Then TMR came and in order for me to get anything I would either need to travel to Nashville, pay a lot on ebay, or beg someone I know to help me out. I did get a few things because of some generous people who've helped me out, but I've stayed pretty much out of anything non-White Stripes because of the "Nashville store only" exclusivity.
Stl_ben
Tiny Elephant

Post by Stl_ben »

most recent copy on ebay sold for $102. Was this a fluke? Or has demand already disappeared?
I mean that seller lost money....
Copies have been going in and out of stock in the vault store. Don't know if they are just selling fast, or if it's a selling tactic.
<Quizze> @STL_Ben youre a soulless consumer
http://www.dailyvinyl.net
shaneoftheroad
Little People

Post by shaneoftheroad »

Stl_ben wrote:most recent copy on ebay sold for $102. Was this a fluke? Or has demand already disappeared?
Copies have been going in and out of stock in the vault store. Don't know if they are just selling fast, or if it's a selling tactic.
I'd say the final secondary market value on this one will settle around $60 because the standard version will have the record in standard black vinyl. However, the ones with the personalized Blackwell signature from Nashville RSD will likely hold at around $100 to $120 because they're unique.
Stl_ben
Tiny Elephant

Post by Stl_ben »

shaneoftheroad wrote:
Stl_ben wrote:most recent copy on ebay sold for $102. Was this a fluke? Or has demand already disappeared?
I'd say the final secondary market value on this one will settle around $60 because the standard version will have the record in standard black vinyl. However, the ones with the personalized Blackwell signature from Nashville RSD will likely hold at around $100 to $120 because they're unique.
But couldn't people take a book in the future and get it signed too? I've never seen him turn away a request.
shaneoftheroad
Little People

Post by shaneoftheroad »

Stl_ben wrote:
shaneoftheroad wrote:
But couldn't people take a book in the future and get it signed too? I've never seen him turn away a request.
Yup, yup. I guarantee he wouldn't say no.
rsimms3
Tiny Elephant

Post by rsimms3 »

Anybody read the book? What's the story behind the color?
"The chairs are too nice, the chandeliers are too beautiful, and the popcorn is too buttery." - Jack White
"What if my problem wasn't that I don't understand people but that I don't like them?" - Louis Bloom
shaneoftheroad
Little People

Post by shaneoftheroad »

rsimms3 wrote:Anybody read the book? What's the story behind the color?
I'll definitely read it when I own it. Waiting for standard edition.
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

shaneoftheroad wrote:
rsimms3 wrote:Anybody read the book? What's the story behind the color?
I'll definitely read it when I own it. Waiting for standard edition.
Me, too. Though I get the impression this might have been more aptly titled The Stories..., as the story behind the series is pretty clear, isn't it?
"And the message is clear: if we want Jack White as our hero, he will entertain, but not pander. We have to accept all his flaws, whims, caprices and manias as a critical, sometimes uncomfortable, part of the contract."
Stl_ben
Tiny Elephant

Post by Stl_ben »

Kali Durga wrote:as the story behind the series is pretty clear, isn't it?
Please inform us that don't find it so clear.
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

Stl_ben wrote:
Read the text at the top of the page here...? --> http://thirdmanstore.com/blue-series To me, that's the story behind the series as a whole. The book seems to be the stories behind the original records. But I'm sure you'll disagree with me just on principal.
"And the message is clear: if we want Jack White as our hero, he will entertain, but not pander. We have to accept all his flaws, whims, caprices and manias as a critical, sometimes uncomfortable, part of the contract."
woodisgood
Little Ghost

Post by woodisgood »

Stl_ben wrote:
shaneoftheroad wrote:
Well, I guess it's the blue-colored vinyl that affects the price, plus Ben signed a "special card" that makes the edition numbered 1-500. He'll sign any copy but only those 500 will have the numbered card and the blue vinyl 7".
"I'd wish you happiness, but I know it'd be detrimental to your art."
Stl_ben
Tiny Elephant

Post by Stl_ben »

Kali Durga wrote:
Stl_ben wrote:
Read the text at the top of the page here...? --> http://thirdmanstore.com/blue-series To me, that's the story behind the series as a whole. The book seems to be the stories behind the original records. But I'm sure you'll disagree with me just on principal.
That states how the records are made....but I don't see anything there about the color. .....whats "the story behind the color?"
Datch
Little Acorn

Post by Datch »

Stl_ben wrote:
Kali Durga wrote:
Stl_ben wrote:
That states how the records are made....but I don't see anything there about the color. .....whats "the story behind the color?"
The blue room. Now whats the story behind the blue room Ben?
“More people know a fragment of his music than know his name.”
shaneoftheroad
Little People

Post by shaneoftheroad »

Datch wrote:
Stl_ben wrote:
Kali Durga wrote:
Stl_ben wrote:
The blue room. Now whats the story behind the blue room Ben?
Jesus, how tedious. haha Yes, the Blue Series is called the Blue Series because of the Blue Room photos. And to be included in the Blue Series you would be recorded by Jack in his studio. It's never a recording that already exists.

Ben, man. You don't always have to be so difficult. Life's too short. :)
Stl_ben
Tiny Elephant

Post by Stl_ben »

The books called the story behind the color....
I'm literally hoping there is a story behind the color.
Like why that color? Why not a different shade of blue or red or yellow.
But I guess that's just me being difficult. Or just the bit of info that I am interested in.