Items: EUR 39,17
Postage & Packing: EUR 9,47
Order Total: EUR 48,64
Please check my TMR pin/button ISO viewtopic.php?f=18&t=11426
benyo
Little Cream Soda

Re: The Blue Series: The Story Behind The Color

Post by benyo »

"With written contributions from David Fricke and every Blue Series recording artist, this is a behind-the-scenes documentation of the creative process behind a unique collection of song. And ALL the music will be included."

Thats a part of the description at amazon...does anyone know what this last sentence mean?
That all the singles will be included in the book (as description).
Because if you want to you could read that there will be records in it.
" I wish someone would ask me “how do you get that sound?” they never do. The answer is “I fucking mean it.” " - Jack White
trickster
Greek Mod

Post by trickster »

benyo wrote:"With written contributions from David Fricke and every Blue Series recording artist, this is a behind-the-scenes documentation of the creative process behind a unique collection of song. And ALL the music will be included."

Thats a part of the description at amazon...does anyone know what this last sentence mean?
I think I read somewhere something about a download code or an online playlist but I am not sure where I saw it
Please check my TMR pin/button ISO viewtopic.php?f=18&t=11426
Aquamarine
Little Ghost

Post by Aquamarine »

trickster wrote:
benyo wrote:"With written contributions from David Fricke and every Blue Series recording artist, this is a behind-the-scenes documentation of the creative process behind a unique collection of song. And ALL the music will be included."

I think I read somewhere something about a download code or an online playlist but I am not sure where I saw it
You did, and I can't remember where now exactly either. Both download code and onlne playlist.

Edit: I also only just noticed that the book is "Volume I."
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

Aquamarine wrote:Edit: I also only just noticed that the book is "Volume I."
I hadn't noticed that, either, but I'm glad you did because it crossed my mind to wonder this morning if the fact that they were issuing a comprehensive book might mean that it was commemorating the end of the Blue Series.
"And the message is clear: if we want Jack White as our hero, he will entertain, but not pander. We have to accept all his flaws, whims, caprices and manias as a critical, sometimes uncomfortable, part of the contract."
chaptertwentyone
Little People

Post by chaptertwentyone »

Huh.
Until a day ago there wasn't any mention of this as being only volume one.
“I’M GONNA KILL MY BROTHER JACK
I’M GONNA KILL MY BROTHER JACK
I’M GONNA STAB HIM RIGHT IN THE BACK
PUT HIM IN THIS HOLE
AND HE’LL NEVER COME BACK
‘MEMBER THAT?”
Aquamarine
Little Ghost

Post by Aquamarine »

Could be volume one of a series of one.
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

That would be their sort of tease.
"And the message is clear: if we want Jack White as our hero, he will entertain, but not pander. We have to accept all his flaws, whims, caprices and manias as a critical, sometimes uncomfortable, part of the contract."
Quexzea
Little Bird

Post by Quexzea »

Not all, but a lot of these Third Man in store only releases irritate me as 5 year loyal vault member. It's would be nice if us vault members had a shot at some of these items via lottery or even first come first serve via vault novelties (with proper notice). I keep hoping TMR will get a clue and include it's loyal out of town customers in some way.

I had to get that off my chest! It's a very cool book and I'd fork over the $100 just to compliment my TMR collection, as the blue series is huge part of the foundation of the whole TMR concept from day one.
Aquamarine
Little Ghost

Post by Aquamarine »

Quexzea wrote:Not all, but a lot of these Third Man in store only releases irritate me as 5 year loyal vault member. It's would be nice if us vault members had a shot at some of these items via lottery or even first come first serve via vault novelties (with proper notice). I keep hoping TMR will get a clue and include it's loyal out of town customers in some way.

I had to get that off my chest! It's a very cool book and I'd fork over the $100 just to compliment my TMR collection, as the blue series is huge part of the foundation of the whole TMR concept from day one.
The whole point of RSD is to get people into physical record stores, though. It's a different concept from the Vault. On the bright side, TMR do put a lot of their RSD releases up on sale in Novelties after the event.
dunedin
Little Ghost

Post by dunedin »

arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

Quexzea wrote:Not all, but a lot of these Third Man in store only releases irritate me as 5 year loyal vault member. It's would be nice if us vault members had a shot at some of these items via lottery or even first come first serve via vault novelties (with proper notice). I keep hoping TMR will get a clue and include it's loyal out of town customers in some way.

I have been driving a long way from Canada for 7 years now....a lot of people now travel a long way to be at TMR for RSD...it's not affordable for everyone, but you are from Florida correct? That's not too far...
Datch
Little Acorn

Post by Datch »

This showed up in the novelties store http://thirdmanstore.com/vault/vault-no ... al-edition
“More people know a fragment of his music than know his name.”
woodisgood
Little Ghost

Post by woodisgood »

Quexzea wrote:"It's a very cool book and I'd fork over the $100 just to compliment my TMR collection, as the blue series is huge part of the foundation of the whole TMR concept from day one.
Order away . . .
"I'd wish you happiness, but I know it'd be detrimental to your art."