The Blue Series: The Story Behind The Color

Your Turntable's Not Dead
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Re: The Blue Series: The Story Behind The Color

Post by Kali Durga »

My favorite snippet-- "“Later he took us in his white Cadillac to get burgers at this drive-in along the road. Unreal. I actually found a Costa- Rican one hundred dollar bill on the carfloor in the back that I took as a souvenir. Sorry, Jack.” ― Dungen

Interesting that the Amazon version mentions "MP3 audio", but not a 7".
"And the message is clear: if we want Jack White as our hero, he will entertain, but not pander. We have to accept all his flaws, whims, caprices and manias as a critical, sometimes uncomfortable, part of the contract."
woodisgood
Little Ghost

Post by woodisgood »

Kali Durga wrote:Interesting that the Amazon version mentions "MP3 audio", but not a 7".
The blackboard at Cass indicated they were pressing black vinyl 7"ers for this . . .
"I'd wish you happiness, but I know it'd be detrimental to your art."
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

woodisgood wrote:
Kali Durga wrote:Interesting that the Amazon version mentions "MP3 audio", but not a 7".
The blackboard at Cass indicated they were pressing black vinyl 7"ers for this . . .
The announcement at TMB specifies a 7", too. Guess Amazon missed that detail.
"And the message is clear: if we want Jack White as our hero, he will entertain, but not pander. We have to accept all his flaws, whims, caprices and manias as a critical, sometimes uncomfortable, part of the contract."
curseofhalos

Post by curseofhalos »

There's a download code too, for a 10 song sampler in the book.
shaneoftheroad
Little People

Post by shaneoftheroad »

woodisgood wrote:
Awesome. That's confirmation, as far as I'm concerned. Glad you caught that.
Datch
Little Acorn

Post by Datch »

Kali Durga wrote:My favorite snippet-- "“Later he took us in his white Cadillac to get burgers at this drive-in along the road. Unreal. I actually found a Costa- Rican one hundred dollar bill on the carfloor in the back that I took as a souvenir. Sorry, Jack.” ― Dungen

Interesting that the Amazon version mentions "MP3 audio", but not a 7".
100 Costa Rican Colon, that's a whooping 18 cents, stop that thief!
“More people know a fragment of his music than know his name.”
Aquamarine
Little Ghost

Post by Aquamarine »

So on Beats 1 tonight, Jack said (among other things) that this is only Vol. 1 and that he hopes the series becomes a TMR institution that will continue long after he's dead and gone. Probably not the end, then.
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

Aquamarine wrote:So on Beats 1 tonight, Jack said (among other things) that this is only Vol. 1 and that he hopes the series becomes a TMR institution that will continue long after he's dead and gone. Probably not the end, then.
Then they need to release more! When was the last one?
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

Aquamarine wrote:So on Beats 1 tonight, Jack said (among other things) that this is only Vol. 1 and that he hopes the series becomes a TMR institution that will continue long after he's dead and gone. Probably not the end, then.
Yeah, I was talking to Blackwell about it on RSD and he said the same thing. He said it was a lot of fun to put together and that this would hopefully turn into an entire series.
Aquamarine
Little Ghost

Post by Aquamarine »

arewhyehen wrote:
Yeah, I was talking to Blackwell about it on RSD and he said the same thing. He said it was a lot of fun to put together and that this would hopefully turn into an entire series.
Just to be clear, Jack was talking about the Blue Series of records, rather than the book.
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

Aquamarine wrote:
arewhyehen wrote:
Just to be clear, Jack was talking about the Blue Series of records, rather than the book.
ahh gotcha
Aquamarine
Little Ghost

Post by Aquamarine »

Not that it was exactly a secret, but the credits in the book do verify the identity of Whip Triplet.
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

Aquamarine wrote:Not that it was exactly a secret, but the credits in the book do verify the identity of Whip Triplet.
I hadn't yet gotten around to pulling up credits for all of those records to compare, but I figured that when I didn't see a separate listing for Mr. Triplet. Shame they gave it away.
shaneoftheroad
Little People

Post by shaneoftheroad »

Aquamarine wrote:Not that it was exactly a secret, but the credits in the book do verify the identity of Whip Triplet.
I asked about Whip Triplet when I was on the Third Man tour. Blackwell took the Blue Series book and had them turn to a certain page and let me see. Then he goes "is it what you all thought?" haha I told him of course. It is cool to finally have confirmation.
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

At least we still don't know for sure who that Tall Poppy Red guy is.