Wax and Haystacks - TMR Nashville Fall Bazaar

Your Turntable's Not Dead
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Re: Wax and Haystacks - TMR Nashville Fall Bazaar

Post by arewhyehen »

shaneoftheroad wrote:
arewhyehen wrote:Good to hear its nice quality. I might go check out the Detroit shop again soon. You got me excited again.
Yeah, it's been a while since I've been excited about Third Man stuff. But today was cool. Was a thrill seeing Olivia Jean, Swank et al. I guess I'm not out of the game yet by a long shot.
It's very cool to see them walking around all the time, I agree. It's been awhile since I've been excited about anything TMR until the JW acoustic album and the variant for that. It's nice to have this break for awhile though. I think when he finally comes back, we will all be excited to get back in the game and start spending all our money again. haha
shaneoftheroad
Little People

Post by shaneoftheroad »

arewhyehen wrote:
shaneoftheroad wrote:
arewhyehen wrote:Good to hear its nice quality. I might go check out the Detroit shop again soon. You got me excited again.
Yeah, it's been a while since I've been excited about Third Man stuff. But today was cool. Was a thrill seeing Olivia Jean, Swank et al. I guess I'm not out of the game yet by a long shot.
It's very cool to see them walking around all the time, I agree. It's been awhile since I've been excited about anything TMR until the JW acoustic album and the variant for that. It's nice to have this break for awhile though. I think when he finally comes back, we will all be excited to get back in the game and start spending all our money again. haha
Agreed.
shaneoftheroad
Little People

Post by shaneoftheroad »

They had the next Vault on display, by the way. Looked amazing. I can't wait to spin those records.
MichaelRox
Little Cream Soda

Post by MichaelRox »

shaneoftheroad wrote: Interesting note, the lady checking me out said those were the very first records pressed in their new pressing plant in Detroit. Of course, she could have meant the first tri-colors.
On the label where does it say its manufactured? From one photo it seemed like it read Gotta Groove.
My avatar photo was taken by Jo McCaughey of me and my wife using my Hasselblad 501C.
westnashguy
Little Cream Soda

Post by westnashguy »

shaneoftheroad wrote:
arewhyehen wrote:That tri is equal thirds, just like the old ones. They have been looking weird lately, right?
They've been, for lack of a better word, "wonky" a few times of late. But this is fucking solid, man. Real quality.
Aquamarine wrote:Whoa, I'd have thought they'd have made a huge deal out of the first records pressed at the Detroit plant. :shock:
That's what I was thinking! She broke some news there, I think.
This was not pressed by Third Man. We were told that this was not pressed by URP. The insinuation (I can't remember if it was confirmed) was that these tricolors were pressed by Gotta Groove Records out of Cleveland. She said it was more expensive to press so less were made.
shaneoftheroad
Little People

Post by shaneoftheroad »

Actually, you're right. The labels say clearly it was pressed at Gotta Groove Records. I guess when the clerk told me they were pressed at their new place she was talking about GGR and not Detroit. My mistake, ladies and gentlemen! :D

Also, these were more expensive than their regular tri-color releases. They were $30. Which is still reasonable, in my opinion.
maxman142001
Little Ghost

Post by maxman142001 »

PS: if anyone has a Jack Wood tri they would sell or trade hit me up :)
<<Jack White>> @Maxman142001 'let me tell you about my baby she was born out in arizona..."
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

shaneoftheroad wrote:Actually, you're right. The labels say clearly it was pressed at Gotta Groove Records. I guess when the clerk told me they were pressed at their new place she was talking about GGR and not Detroit. My mistake, ladies and gentlemen! :D

Also, these were more expensive than their regular tri-color releases. They were $30. Which is still reasonable, in my opinion.
Better than eBay prices.

GGR has always had some good quality pressings. Good to see them finally go somewhere else to try and deal with the lack of quality coming out of URP for awhile now...