Wax and Haystacks - TMR Nashville Fall Bazaar

Your Turntable's Not Dead
shaneoftheroad
Little People

Wax and Haystacks - TMR Nashville Fall Bazaar

Post by shaneoftheroad »

THIS SATURDAY IN NASHVILLE, 12-5pm

ALL AGES! FREE! FUN FOR THE WHOLE FAMILY!

Third Man Records Nashville invites you to a family-friendly Autumn vinyl bazaar with some of our favorite music neighborly purveyors. Grimey’s, The Groove, Fond Object, Variety Records, Luna Records, and of course yours truly will haul their best record selections to Pie Town this Saturday for your crate digging pleasure.

Beyond wax, we will have a whole slew of new, desirable merchandise just in time for chillier weather, including a Third Man Records coloring book, leather 7" + LP cases, snow globes, patches, t-shirts, sweatshirts, a covetable satin jacket, mittens, a pocket knife, and a new Jack White acoustic guitar pick set.

Make it a family affair by bringing your whole family! Beyond thousands of records to peruse, the day will also feature a pumpkin-patch with polaroid photo-op, face painting, pumpkin decorating, vintage shopping, on-demand, while-you-watch screen printing, fresh and delicious fall treats, and drinks for talls and smalls alike! Enjoy harvest tunes from an old time string band on our back patio, and bring your instrument to join in if you'd like!
shaneoftheroad
Little People

Re: Wax and Haystacks - TMR Nashville Fall Bazaar

Post by shaneoftheroad »

I think I'm gonna swing by. Been meaning to get down to Nashville anyway.
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

shaneoftheroad wrote:I think I'm gonna swing by. Been meaning to get down to Nashville anyway.
If you go, pay attention to that last half-sentence!
"And the message is clear: if we want Jack White as our hero, he will entertain, but not pander. We have to accept all his flaws, whims, caprices and manias as a critical, sometimes uncomfortable, part of the contract."
shaneoftheroad
Little People

Post by shaneoftheroad »

Kali Durga wrote:
shaneoftheroad wrote:I think I'm gonna swing by. Been meaning to get down to Nashville anyway.
If you go, pay attention to that last half-sentence!
hahaha I didn't see that until just now! Yeah, that's cool. I'll pack a guitar. Why not?
shaneoftheroad
Little People

Post by shaneoftheroad »

Anyone going? As of right now we'll be in Nashville at some point today. I may swing by to record a song in the booth if it's not crazy busy.
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

Man, I really wish I could be there instead of where I am now (visiting family in Florida, all of whom are currently napping &/or watching YouTube videos of people shooting assault rifles).
"And the message is clear: if we want Jack White as our hero, he will entertain, but not pander. We have to accept all his flaws, whims, caprices and manias as a critical, sometimes uncomfortable, part of the contract."
elduderino
Little Ghost

Post by elduderino »

i went to frugal macdougal's to stock up and booze today. i almost stopped by. i called first, no icky trump t-shirts so i didn't go.
he is everything i hate...
shaneoftheroad
Little People

Post by shaneoftheroad »

We swung by while we were in town. We showed up around 4 and there weren't many people there. It wasn't empty by any means, I've just never been to an event so late in the day. They had some Jack Wood tri-colors so I picked one up. Interesting note, the lady checking me out said those were the very first records pressed in their new pressing plant in Detroit. Of course, she could have meant the first tri-colors. I should have clarified, I suppose. They are well-constructed, thick and sturdy. So there's a nice bit of trivia.

People were still going through the records in the Blue Room. I saw Olivia Jean in there, along with Swank and Jemina. I had a Polaroid camera loaded up, ready to go but didn't have the courage to ask for any photos. They had some cool vintage clothing for sale, along with the records. They were letting kids climb up the Blue Room walls and then slide back down again. haha Don't see that every day.

Anyway, it was a nice topper to an otherwise incredibly stressful visit to the city. I've never seen Nashville so busy. I'll make sure to check out what's going on the next time I head down that way. If I'd known there were 4 big events happening at once I would've avoided downtown entirely.

But Third Man, as always, was cool. :)

shaneoftheroad
Little People

Post by shaneoftheroad »

Oh yeah, and they were giving these away for free! haha

arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

shaneoftheroad wrote:Oh yeah, and they were giving these away for free! haha

Hell Yeah!!! haha
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

shaneoftheroad wrote:We swung by while we were in town. We showed up around 4 and there weren't many people there. It wasn't empty by any means, I've just never been to an event so late in the day. They had some Jack Wood tri-colors so I picked one up. Interesting note, the lady checking me out said those were the very first records pressed in their new pressing plant in Detroit. Of course, she could have meant the first tri-colors. I should have clarified, I suppose. They are well-constructed, thick and sturdy. So there's a nice bit of trivia.

People were still going through the records in the Blue Room. I saw Olivia Jean in there, along with Swank and Jemina. I had a Polaroid camera loaded up, ready to go but didn't have the courage to ask for any photos. They had some cool vintage clothing for sale, along with the records. They were letting kids climb up the Blue Room walls and then slide back down again. haha Don't see that every day.

Anyway, it was a nice topper to an otherwise incredibly stressful visit to the city. I've never seen Nashville so busy. I'll make sure to check out what's going on the next time I head down that way. If I'd known there were 4 big events happening at once I would've avoided downtown entirely.

But Third Man, as always, was cool. :)

Damn. I almost drove down to Detroit today but I decided to buy the merch online instead. Might have gotten myself a tri colour. That tri is equal thirds, just like the old ones. They have been looking weird lately, right?
Aquamarine
Little Ghost

Post by Aquamarine »

Whoa, I'd have thought they'd have made a huge deal out of the first records pressed at the Detroit plant. :shock:
shaneoftheroad
Little People

Post by shaneoftheroad »

arewhyehen wrote:That tri is equal thirds, just like the old ones. They have been looking weird lately, right?
They've been, for lack of a better word, "wonky" a few times of late. But this is fucking solid, man. Real quality.
Aquamarine wrote:Whoa, I'd have thought they'd have made a huge deal out of the first records pressed at the Detroit plant. :shock:
That's what I was thinking! She broke some news there, I think.
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

shaneoftheroad wrote:
arewhyehen wrote:That tri is equal thirds, just like the old ones. They have been looking weird lately, right?
They've been, for lack of a better word, "wonky" a few times of late. But this is fucking solid, man. Real quality.
Aquamarine wrote:Whoa, I'd have thought they'd have made a huge deal out of the first records pressed at the Detroit plant. :shock:
That's what I was thinking! She broke some news there, I think.
Good to hear its nice quality. I might go check out the Detroit shop again soon. You got me excited again.
shaneoftheroad
Little People

Post by shaneoftheroad »

arewhyehen wrote:Good to hear its nice quality. I might go check out the Detroit shop again soon. You got me excited again.
Yeah, it's been a while since I've been excited about Third Man stuff. But today was cool. Was a thrill seeing Olivia Jean, Swank et al. I guess I'm not out of the game yet by a long shot.