Third Man/Red Cross Blood Drive 2015

Your Turntable's Not Dead
shaneoftheroad
Little People

Third Man/Red Cross Blood Drive 2015

Post by shaneoftheroad »

They're taking appointments. I gave last time and will give again this time around. Relatively painless. Go to it.
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Re: Third Man/Red Cross Blood Drive 2015

Post by Kali Durga »

I'd be there in a heartbeat, no pun intended, if I could be. Love that they do this sort of thing.
"And the message is clear: if we want Jack White as our hero, he will entertain, but not pander. We have to accept all his flaws, whims, caprices and manias as a critical, sometimes uncomfortable, part of the contract."
Aquamarine
Little Ghost

Post by Aquamarine »

Well, I'm over 17, that's my only qualification for this one. :( It's a great initiative, though.
mangry
Little Ghost

Post by mangry »

I'm in, second year in a row. This is one of my favorite things about third man because blood donations kept my grandmother alive for the last three years of her life. It's great that TMR does this...one of many pieces of proof that beneath the Kiss army inspired baubles there is a heart of gold.
Hyperbole used for effect!
tigerj67
Little Cream Soda

Post by tigerj67 »

Pretty excited about this, signed up for a time before I even figured out how I would get there. Luckily the wife supports my want to go to TMR and the whole blood drive idea and decided we could make a weekend trip out of it. So I will be getting there some time Friday, driving down from the Kansas City area.
shaneoftheroad
Little People

Post by shaneoftheroad »

My appointment is 12:15. Who else is going?
curseofhalos

Post by curseofhalos »

I'll be there. 11:30 :)
shaneoftheroad
Little People

Post by shaneoftheroad »

curseofhalos wrote:I'll be there. 11:30 :)
Nathan! Dude! I wish I could stay in Nashville a bit longer. I have to hightail it back to Kentucky right after so Mandy can go to work. Maybe we'll bump into each other in the Blue Room.
shaneoftheroad
Little People

Post by shaneoftheroad »

Today was cool. Loads of people giving blood. And the stage was jam-packed with gifts for the donors! I saw some people getting Blue Room passes, someone got a 3 rpm record, some people got tri-colors from recent releases, another got a book. As for me, I'm excited to say I finally (FINALLY!) get a tour of Third Man. Well worth the trip and as an added bonus I could have possibly saved someone's life with my blood. I'll go donate again if they do it again.

Here are the few pics I took. I don't know why I never take more.

This creature stared me in the eyes the entire time I was giving blood. I don't know his name but I do know he is my friend.

*CENSORED IMAGE. CLASSIFIED INFORMATION*
And my ticket to the chocolate factory! Been waiting years to get a peek behind the curtain down there.
Last edited by shaneoftheroad on Thu Dec 31, 2015 11:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

shaneoftheroad wrote:Image
And my ticket to the chocolate factory! Been waiting years to get a peek behind the curtain down there.
Holey moley, congratulations, Shane. If you need a 6th person to join that tour...
"And the message is clear: if we want Jack White as our hero, he will entertain, but not pander. We have to accept all his flaws, whims, caprices and manias as a critical, sometimes uncomfortable, part of the contract."
curseofhalos

Post by curseofhalos »

That's great, Shane!

I got a pass to every Blue Room show in 2016. I'm pretty damn happy about that. :D
shaneoftheroad
Little People

Post by shaneoftheroad »

curseofhalos wrote:That's great, Shane!

I got a pass to every Blue Room show in 2016. I'm pretty damn happy about that. :D
That's actually the perfect gift for you, man! Awesome! If your wife is ever busy for one, I'd probably make the drive. Enjoy!
rsimms3
Tiny Elephant

Post by rsimms3 »

Congrats and thanks Shane!

(opens up Photoshop to work on project....)
"The chairs are too nice, the chandeliers are too beautiful, and the popcorn is too buttery." - Jack White
"What if my problem wasn't that I don't understand people but that I don't like them?" - Louis Bloom
shaneoftheroad
Little People

Post by shaneoftheroad »

rsimms3 wrote:Congrats and thanks Shane!

(opens up Photoshop to work on project....)
I could go another. Or three. Or seventy.
anonymousbrunette
Little People

Post by anonymousbrunette »

I think people who give blood are the shizz. Excellent that TMR acknowledges the gift with tangible things. Certainly trumps the radioactive cheese and peanut butter crackers we get up here. Props to everyone who donated!
"I didn't mean to drown myself. I meant to swim till I sank - but that's not the same thing."

My ISO/FS/FT List
http://www.thiscouldgoboom.org