Re: Third Man/Red Cross Blood Drive 2015

Post by shaneoftheroad »

anonymousbrunette wrote:radioactive cheese
It has its benefits.

jesxsmith
Little Bird

Post by jesxsmith »

I've loved reading all the experiences on Facebook and here. For the 2nd year in a row I was blown away by Third Man's generosity at the blood drive and again I came away with a need to be more charitable to make up for the gifts. I went with 5 friends and we had a great time, they had the Christmas music going and snacks for the light headed. Alison Mosshart even popped in for a bit. I got a tour with a +1, my friend also got a tour +1. Another friend got 2 wolf eyes tri colors in her bag, another one got a courtney barnett tri color. One friend got a $50 gift card which worked out perfect because she isn't a vinyl collector, she just wanted to donate, and the last one got a school choir 7". It was a pretty great day!
shaneoftheroad
Little People

Post by shaneoftheroad »

Finally touched base with Third Man about the 6-person tour I lucked into opening. I'm bringing in people from other states so I'm hoping they can have us on the date I requested. And fingers crossed it's Blackwell giving the tour, that's how I always pictured it. I'm actually very excited for this. :D
mangry
Little Ghost

Post by mangry »

shaneoftheroad wrote:Finally touched base with Third Man about the 6-person tour I lucked into opening. I'm bringing in people from other states so I'm hoping they can have us on the date I requested. And fingers crossed it's Blackwell giving the tour, that's how I always pictured it. I'm actually very excited for this. :D
Thanks for posting this! Since you had success, I tried again and got the ball rolling. Excitement face.
Hyperbole used for effect!
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

shaneoftheroad wrote:Finally touched base with Third Man about the 6-person tour I lucked into opening. I'm bringing in people from other states so I'm hoping they can have us on the date I requested. And fingers crossed it's Blackwell giving the tour, that's how I always pictured it. I'm actually very excited for this. :D
How about people from other countries? ;) haha

Just kidding. Hope the tour goes well and works out.

I've been totally out of the loop for quite awhile now, have all the blood drives been at the Nashville store only or did the do one at Cass Corridor for the recent one? If not, I hope they start them at Cass..
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

I just want to say a gigantic public thank you to Shane for giving blood to someone in need and then being such a wonderful pal to the handful of us who benefited from his being drained. The tour was awesome, and he's an awesome guy, especially since he got too sick to attend and went out of his way to tell us to enjoy ourselves without him.
"And the message is clear: if we want Jack White as our hero, he will entertain, but not pander. We have to accept all his flaws, whims, caprices and manias as a critical, sometimes uncomfortable, part of the contract."
Alabama Woody
Tiny Elephant

Post by Alabama Woody »

Like ^^^
Forget what you see
And what you thought was true
It's not really me
Speaking to you

Brendan Benson

"Rock and Roll mother fuckers do you speak it?"
hawke000

"B2F1" Pug/Woody
chaptertwentyone
Little People

Post by chaptertwentyone »

Not looking to start a new thread for this year, but I'm curious what people got outside of what's been Instagrammed.
https://instagram.com/p/BOF8rasAGcg/
https://instagram.com/p/BOGJN-uAM1d/
Last edited by chaptertwentyone on Sat Dec 17, 2016 6:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
“I’M GONNA KILL MY BROTHER JACK
I’M GONNA KILL MY BROTHER JACK
I’M GONNA STAB HIM RIGHT IN THE BACK
PUT HIM IN THIS HOLE
AND HE’LL NEVER COME BACK
‘MEMBER THAT?”
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

chaptertwentyone wrote:Not looking to start a new thread for this year, but I'm curious what people got outside of what's been Instagrammed.

What's been instagrammed?

Why don't they do this in Detroit?
rsimms3
Tiny Elephant

Post by rsimms3 »

arewhyehen wrote:
chaptertwentyone wrote:Not looking to start a new thread for this year, but I'm curious what people got outside of what's been Instagrammed.

They are this Wednesday.
"The chairs are too nice, the chandeliers are too beautiful, and the popcorn is too buttery." - Jack White
"What if my problem wasn't that I don't understand people but that I don't like them?" - Louis Bloom
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

rsimms3 wrote:
arewhyehen wrote:

They are this Wednesday.
Dammit. How did I miss this? You damn swirlers are supposed to post about anything and everything TMR does on here. It's all your fault hahah

Anyone going to Detroit?
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

Slots are open for both Detroit and Nashville..
shaneoftheroad
Little People

Post by shaneoftheroad »

arewhyehen wrote:Slots are open for both Detroit and Nashville..
I'm down once again. See ya' there (if you're there before noon).