Big Time Shout Out To Third Man Records

Your Turntable's Not Dead
Alabama Woody
Tiny Elephant

Big Time Shout Out To Third Man Records

Post by Alabama Woody »

Just couldn't help reflecting on the past from all the experiences I have had at TMR and JW, DW, and Raconteurs tours overs the past 5 years or so.

Quite a bit they have changed over just 5 years and a ton of music on vinyl,of course !

All the shows and events over the past 5 years.Two Halloween, 2 Blood Drives, many good live shows over the past 5 years. Rocktober was awesome. JW on RSD was awesome, The Raconteurs Live at TMR was awesome !!!

Blue series, green series, Live LP's and singles, Paramount Box of Wonders times two, Document reissues, 2 triple deckers !!!

They have photographs after live shows ?? !! ??

A book department, retail store, thriving internet sales.

Expanded and connected two buildings together. Great layout with a very unique, classy look.

I could go on and on.

That's a lot of stuff to get done in five years.

Way to go :D :thumbup: :wave: :mrgreen:

Please feel free to add things I overlooked. So many accomplishments in 5 or 6 years. It's amazing, well done indeed !
Forget what you see
And what you thought was true
It's not really me
Speaking to you

Brendan Benson

"Rock and Roll mother fuckers do you speak it?"
hawke000

"B2F1" Pug/Woody
Alabama Woody
Tiny Elephant

Re: Big Time Shout Out To Third Man Records

Post by Alabama Woody »

They have the Record Booth and all the other Vintage Machines in the shop !
Forget what you see
And what you thought was true
It's not really me
Speaking to you

Brendan Benson

"Rock and Roll mother fuckers do you speak it?"
hawke000

"B2F1" Pug/Woody
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

Think you summed it up nicely, Woody. There are times when I wonder if they've diluted their output by reaching in so many directions at once (mostly I wonder this when I catch myself wishing for a new Blue or Green Series release), but then I think about it the way you laid it out and I'm astounded by the buzz of creativity that can almost be felt all the way from Nashville. The place truly has become an embodiment of Jack's gyroscope brain. He should be proud of what he's created there, especially of the fact that it's become exactly what he's said he wanted it to be-- A place where other people can generate ideas and make beautiful things exist. And all of those folks should be proud, too, because they're all making very special things. Some of those things are spectacular, some don't come out quite as described, and some of them break down from time to time, but every single one of them is exciting in some way. It's an amazing place to be a fan of.
"And the message is clear: if we want Jack White as our hero, he will entertain, but not pander. We have to accept all his flaws, whims, caprices and manias as a critical, sometimes uncomfortable, part of the contract."
woodisgood
Little Ghost

Post by woodisgood »

Sadly I think there are a lot of people out there that don't realize how incredibly hard the braintrust works at TMR, let alone their crew. Their level of dedication and energy are something quite rare in the arts world. It's a business, yes, and I'm not suggesting they do everything purely for arts' sake; but to me what they do is an art in and of itself.

Just imagine a record label whose sole output to date was the Vault discography—we'd be awfully amazed at that alone.

From casual music consumer to all-things-JW fan to voracious record collecting, TMR provides it all. (AND comedy AND films AND books!)
"I'd wish you happiness, but I know it'd be detrimental to your art."
koala
Little Acorn

Post by koala »

I think what's equally important as the 5 years of hard work TMR has put into their releases is the 10 years of hard work that the White Stripes and all people associated with them had done. There would have been no TMR for us if Meg and Jack had not worked to retain their creative integrity and stay true to their art, something I believe Jack does even now.
I am thankful that they share their art with us and glad for the way they manage to still keep all their releases so fresh and exciting for everyone.