RSD @ TMR - April 18, 2015

Your Turntable's Not Dead
Stl_ben
Tiny Elephant

Re: RSD @ TMR - April 18, 2015

Post by Stl_ben »

Kali Durga wrote:I don't remember seeing a WS baseball card the day of Jack's Nashville show, only the one of Jack. Anyone have a photo of the Stripes one so I know what I missed/should look for this weekend?
Oh, oops I read it to fast...no there isn't a WS one (yet) if there is one now that would be new.
<Quizze> @STL_Ben youre a soulless consumer
http://www.dailyvinyl.net
Shulett223
Little Bird

Post by Shulett223 »

Hello all,

I'm new to this site and I've never been to Third Man Records, but I will be attending RSD there this year and I have some questions I'd love to have answered.

1. What time should I arrive? I'll be reaching Nashville very early on Friday and I'll be prepared to camp overnight if necessary (I'd prefer not to). I want to arrive at a time where I'll not have to worry about getting the releases I want (GBMS/Elvis/etc).

2. How many RSD exclusives can a patron typically purchase? Specifically, do you think I'll be able to buy two GBMS?

3. Finally, does TMR have OTHER RSD releases or will they just have TMR stuff? I really want the heart-shaped Father John Misty record.

Thanks for any info, guys!
dylnfan
Little Ghost

Post by dylnfan »

Shulett223 wrote:Hello all,

I'm new to this site and I've never been to Third Man Records, but I will be attending RSD there this year and I have some questions I'd love to have answered.

1. What time should I arrive? I'll be reaching Nashville very early on Friday and I'll be prepared to camp overnight if necessary (I'd prefer not to). I want to arrive at a time where I'll not have to worry about getting the releases I want (GBMS/Elvis/etc).

Million dollar question. It's gotten worse every year. Plan on camping out.

2. How many RSD exclusives can a patron typically purchase? Specifically, do you think I'll be able to buy two GBMS?

One. However, the year of the JLL show, I think I recall being able to purchase two each time you went through the line.

3. Finally, does TMR have OTHER RSD releases or will they just have TMR stuff? I really want the heart-shaped Father John Misty record.

Nope.

"I haven't told him, but I'm adding him to my movement to bring nice back. Because nice is the coolest, most punk thing ever."

- Cmelo
rsimms3
Tiny Elephant

Post by rsimms3 »

dylnfan wrote:

One. However, the year of the JLL show, I think I recall being able to purchase two each time you went through the line.

Nope.

My friend's memory is a bit hazy. You could order 2 Black and Blues per person using two seperate mailing addresses, only 1 each of RSD releases on hand. But, you've always be able to go to the back of the line and buy again if they had more available.

I think with the Elvis record being available at some other locations and about a billion copies of GBMS around the world, it may cut down on the number of people who go just to TMR, but there are always the die-hards that are already there as I type getting chummy with the staff and drinking Tang in their pup tents.
"The chairs are too nice, the chandeliers are too beautiful, and the popcorn is too buttery." - Jack White
"What if my problem wasn't that I don't understand people but that I don't like them?" - Louis Bloom
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

I was thinking about camping out just because it was fun the last two years, but between the forecast of rain and the apparently high number of these records pressed, I'm now thinking it might be more fun to just get there in the morning. Gonna catch a flight down after work tomorrow and just play it by ear because being relaxed and winging it, just going with the flow, is the most fun of all.
"And the message is clear: if we want Jack White as our hero, he will entertain, but not pander. We have to accept all his flaws, whims, caprices and manias as a critical, sometimes uncomfortable, part of the contract."
Stl_ben
Tiny Elephant

Post by Stl_ben »

1. Arrive any time Saturday and you will be good. No need to camp.
2. No they only have TMR items.
3. The records are one per person.
<Quizze> @STL_Ben youre a soulless consumer
http://www.dailyvinyl.net
Shulett223
Little Bird

Post by Shulett223 »

Thanks for the info. I went ahead and booked a hotel in Nashville and will just hit the line at TMR very early in the morning. My plan now is to get what I need from TMR and then hurry down to The Groove for my other RSD items. I hope everything goes as planned!
dylnfan
Little Ghost

Post by dylnfan »

rsimms3 wrote:
dylnfan wrote:

Nope.

My friend's memory is a bit hazy. You could order 2 Black and Blues per person using two seperate mailing addresses, only 1 each of RSD releases on hand. But, you've always be able to go to the back of the line and buy again if they had more available.

I think with the Elvis record being available at some other locations and about a billion copies of GBMS around the world, it may cut down on the number of people who go just to TMR, but there are always the die-hards that are already there as I type getting chummy with the staff and drinking Tang in their pup tents.
Not the first time, and certainly not the last. ;)
"I haven't told him, but I'm adding him to my movement to bring nice back. Because nice is the coolest, most punk thing ever."

- Cmelo
pj101ca
Little Acorn

Post by pj101ca »

Shulett223 wrote:get what I need from TMR and then hurry down to The Groove for my other RSD items.
The line moves painfully slowly at TMR. might be afternoon before you get to move on to other record shops.
sogxgolfx
Little Bird

Post by sogxgolfx »

pj101ca wrote:
Shulett223 wrote:get what I need from TMR and then hurry down to The Groove for my other RSD items.
The line moves painfully slowly at TMR. might be afternoon before you get to move on to other record shops.
Do you think if we see a fair amount of rain either light/heavy throughout the night/morning the line will be adversely affected? Or are TMR attendees undaunted by the wet stuff?
dreamover
Little Acorn

Post by dreamover »

sogxgolfx wrote:
pj101ca wrote:
Do you think if we see a fair amount of rain either light/heavy throughout the night/morning the line will be adversely affected? Or are TMR attendees undaunted by the wet stuff?
The people that camp over night mostly plan for the worst. The ones who aren't will probably try to leave chairs out and go sit in their cars or something.
<Jack White> alright i'm out to feed my cats
=====================================
http://bit.ly/dreamovertl <--- my vinyl list
http://www.dreamoverrecords.com
dreamover
Little Acorn

Post by dreamover »

Are any Americans I know heading to TMR for RSD, or is anyone who lives near making a trip soon? I have a simple non-limited request. PM me please, if this is you.
<Jack White> alright i'm out to feed my cats
=====================================
http://bit.ly/dreamovertl <--- my vinyl list
http://www.dreamoverrecords.com
PugFaceRex
Little Ghost

Post by PugFaceRex »

Shulett223 wrote:Thanks for the info. I went ahead and booked a hotel in Nashville and will just hit the line at TMR very early in the morning. My plan now is to get what I need from TMR and then hurry down to The Groove for my other RSD items. I hope everything goes as planned!
The better plan would be to wake up early and go to the Groove first and then head down to TMR, imo.
<BluefordT> jey pals i am,we is,fuckeres rerred up
<BluefordT> jhdb
-------------------------------------------------------
<Quizze> i didnt like pug asking jack if he would eat himself as a hot dog.... off color
anonymousbrunette
Little People

Post by anonymousbrunette »

Rob has personalized a portion of the White Stripes postcards. Brilliant.

I'm terribly excited to be joining Shane and members of The Blueprints for their recording session on Saturday. Weather be damned.
"I didn't mean to drown myself. I meant to swim till I sank - but that's not the same thing."

My ISO/FS/FT List
http://www.thiscouldgoboom.org
rsimms3
Tiny Elephant

Post by rsimms3 »

Well, I'll throw this out there to anyone listening. Would love to get one of the personalized Rob Joes postcard thingy-bob sets or whatever if they are sets or individuals. Also a TMR Recording Service 1" button. Not the enamel, just the regular button. If anyone wants/can assist, please and thank you.
"The chairs are too nice, the chandeliers are too beautiful, and the popcorn is too buttery." - Jack White
"What if my problem wasn't that I don't understand people but that I don't like them?" - Louis Bloom