RSD @ TMR - April 18, 2015

Your Turntable's Not Dead
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Re: RSD @ TMR - April 18th 2015

Post by arewhyehen »

Hate to bring it up so early, but...

My girlfriend just found out this morning that the National Public History Convention is in Nashville this year...even better, it's from April 15th-18th. She has a BA in History and MA in Public History, so she really wants to attend this.. Looks like that week could gear up for a great trip to Nashville..

April 14th - My birthday...
April 15th - 18th - History Convention
April 18th - RSD

Time to book some time off work and plan me a trip...

TMR..what do you say about announcing Dead Weather in the Blue Room with a special release for their new album? Let's see if I can call this 2 years in a row..haha
PugFaceRex
Little Ghost

Post by PugFaceRex »

arewhyehen wrote:Hate to bring it up so early, but...

My girlfriend just found out this morning that the National Public History Convention is in Nashville this year...even better, it's from April 15th-18th. She has a BA in History and MA in Public History, so she really wants to attend this.. Looks like that week could gear up for a great trip to Nashville..

April 18th - RSD

TMR..what do you say about announcing Dead Weather in the Blue Room with a special release for their new album? Let's see if I can call this 2 years in a row..haha
i thought you moved to iceland or something like that?
<BluefordT> jey pals i am,we is,fuckeres rerred up
<BluefordT> jhdb
-------------------------------------------------------
<Quizze> i didnt like pug asking jack if he would eat himself as a hot dog.... off color
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

PugFaceRex wrote:

April 18th - RSD

i thought you moved to iceland or something like that?
Ireland... And that was pushed back to next September. There were just too many loose ends not tied up yet and unfortunately it was pushed back. Sort of fitting for the year I was already having...so..gotta make the best of what's left of this year.
nestacat
Little Bird

Post by nestacat »

Hey now, I'll be attending this conference as well. Is your girlfriend presenting, or just attending? Are you guys staying at the conference hotel? I am ... and yes, I am staying in Nashville until Sunday, of course!
nosce te ipsum
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

nestacat wrote:

Hey now, I'll be attending this conference as well. Is your girlfriend presenting, or just attending? Are you guys staying at the conference hotel? I am ... and yes, I am staying in Nashville until Sunday, of course!
We aren't staying at the hotel because we will be there longer than the conference. We usually stay around Brentwood, so we got a hotel there again. Shes just attending, you? She's got a bunch of stuff planned but the only thing I am joining her for is the Ryman tour on Wednesday.
curseofhalos

Re: RSD @ TMR - April 19th 2014

Post by curseofhalos »

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/ ... c-20150311

I found this part particularly interesting...
Kozmo Vinyl's pick for Record Store Day is perhaps the most coveted release: Elvis Presley’s first recording, owned by Jack White. Kozmo may be out of luck. According to Kurtz, only a handful — he believes two copies — will be available; incidentally at White’s own Third Man Records in Nashville. "For the rest of us, I think he’s going to make a regular seven-inch and it’s going to come out wide [at some point]," Kurtz tells Rolling Stone.
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

curseofhalos wrote:http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/ ... c-20150311

I found this part particularly interesting...
Kozmo Vinyl's pick for Record Store Day is perhaps the most coveted release: Elvis Presley’s first recording, owned by Jack White. Kozmo may be out of luck. According to Kurtz, only a handful — he believes two copies — will be available; incidentally at White’s own Third Man Records in Nashville. "For the rest of us, I think he’s going to make a regular seven-inch and it’s going to come out wide [at some point]," Kurtz tells Rolling Stone.

Two copies will be made available. $150,000 each.
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

That can't be possible. They'll have a fucking riot in the building if they only sell two copies of that record.
"And the message is clear: if we want Jack White as our hero, he will entertain, but not pander. We have to accept all his flaws, whims, caprices and manias as a critical, sometimes uncomfortable, part of the contract."
Aquamarine
Little Ghost

Post by Aquamarine »

That WOULD seem to be overdoing the concept of a "limited" facsimile. Therefore, not going to happen.
pgharf
Little Cream Soda

Post by pgharf »

Kali Durga wrote:That can't be possible. They'll have a fucking riot in the building if they only sell two copies of that record.
Completely agree. I doubt there will only be two copies sold, and if I winds up being true, I don't want to think about how angry people would be.
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

If anything, it might mean two variants
Aquamarine
Little Ghost

Post by Aquamarine »

At the very least, there should be THREE copies. ;)
cigarman44
Little Cream Soda

Post by cigarman44 »

arewhyehen wrote:If anything, it might mean two variants
Yeah. Copies as the 10 and the 7 Is how I see it.
anonymousbrunette
Little People

RSD @ TMR - April 18, 2015

Post by anonymousbrunette »

Thread split from 2014 topic...
"I didn't mean to drown myself. I meant to swim till I sank - but that's not the same thing."

My ISO/FS/FT List
http://www.thiscouldgoboom.org
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Re: RSD @ TMR - April 18, 2015

Post by Kali Durga »

I'm hoping for something special from Bang Candy again this year :)
"And the message is clear: if we want Jack White as our hero, he will entertain, but not pander. We have to accept all his flaws, whims, caprices and manias as a critical, sometimes uncomfortable, part of the contract."