RSD @ TMR - April 18, 2015

Your Turntable's Not Dead
dylnfan
Little Ghost

Re: RSD @ TMR - April 18, 2015

Post by dylnfan »

anonymousbrunette wrote:What amazing experience! Shane nailed it. Showed up after quite a drive with a bundle of nerves (understandably, as The Blueprints frontman) and was informed that the appointment was an hour earlier than expected. Executed beautifully despite a repetitive solo injury. I owe a bushel of thanks to both Shane, and a particular "Ryan" for planting the seed. An unexpected and immense pleasure.

I need sleep.
So cool to see a group of my favorite Swirlers get together to put some real "love" on wax...and at the modern day vinyl Mecca no less! Badass.
"I haven't told him, but I'm adding him to my movement to bring nice back. Because nice is the coolest, most punk thing ever."

- Cmelo
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

shaneoftheroad wrote:
rsimms3 wrote:Was this announced or are the TMR RSD peeps holding out on us......

I didn't make it into the shop but I did hear there was a puzzle for sale. That's the first I've seen of the art on it. Cool.
I snagged one of those, it looked like a fun way to pass a rainy weekend sometime.

I kept looking around for you, Shane, but never saw you. What time did you get there?
"And the message is clear: if we want Jack White as our hero, he will entertain, but not pander. We have to accept all his flaws, whims, caprices and manias as a critical, sometimes uncomfortable, part of the contract."
shaneoftheroad
Little People

Post by shaneoftheroad »

Kali Durga wrote:I kept looking around for you, Shane, but never saw you. What time did you get there?
No way. You were there? Come on, universe! haha I was asking around to see if you were there, Ara's my witness. I'd been so laser-focused on the recording that I didn't even see you were coming down to RSD for sure. Next time, next time.
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

shaneoftheroad wrote:
Kali Durga wrote:I kept looking around for you, Shane, but never saw you. What time did you get there?
No way. You were there? Come on, universe! haha I was asking around to see if you were there, Ara's my witness. I'd been so laser-focused on the recording that I didn't even see you were coming down to RSD for sure. Next time, next time.
Dude, I was there for over 12 hours! Saw Ara when I was in line for a sno-cone, I should have asked her if she'd seen you. Such a great day, it was such a thrill to see the Elvis acetate and the Rek-O-Kut. And I loved the Terraplane Blues fragment on the wall with the "Touch Me" sign.

And can I just say how incredibly fantastic it was of them to leave the back patio open overnight and to keep the bathrooms stocked with the good toilet paper? So many kudos to whichever member of the staff stuck around all night on our behalf to keep an eye on things.
"And the message is clear: if we want Jack White as our hero, he will entertain, but not pander. We have to accept all his flaws, whims, caprices and manias as a critical, sometimes uncomfortable, part of the contract."
Bikedo
Little Ghost

Post by Bikedo »

Kali Durga wrote:
Such a great day, it was such a thrill to see the Elvis acetate and the Rek-O-Kut.
Rek-O-Kut is that what it's called, seriously?
Translated from dutch this means Stretch-O-Cunt
I'd like to sleep 100 days, my feeling has gone, flesh cold and numb.
runofthemill
Little Ghost

Post by runofthemill »

Bikedo wrote:
Kali Durga wrote:
Such a great day, it was such a thrill to see the Elvis acetate and the Rek-O-Kut.
nestacat
Little Bird

Post by nestacat »

Todd wrote:
image.jpg
Mission accomplished, met Nick and saw my rail mate Danielle from the Tulsa tour opener. Good day all around. Now it's time to build a guitar with my 8yr old daughter!
:wave: Hi Todd....it was very nice to see you and the rest of your family at TMR. Here's hoping to more rail-rides together in the "not-so-long-a-time" future.
nosce te ipsum
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

runofthemill wrote:
Bikedo wrote:
Kali Durga wrote:
Hey, I didn't name the thing. Talk to those crazy cats who were naming stuff back in the 1950s.
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

Kali Durga wrote:
shaneoftheroad wrote:
rsimms3 wrote:Was this announced or are the TMR RSD peeps holding out on us......

I didn't make it into the shop but I did hear there was a puzzle for sale. That's the first I've seen of the art on it. Cool.
I snagged one of those, it looked like a fun way to pass a rainy weekend sometime.

I kept looking around for you, Shane, but never saw you. What time did you get there?
It took me forever to track down Shane as well...and I was messaging him for part of the day...
littlecreamsoda3
Little Bird

Post by littlecreamsoda3 »

Surprised to see all the hate on people camping out. It was fun. I got to meet plenty of Swirlers and other people that I've chatted with online, I got to get drunk on the back patio area all night (They left the hallway to the patio/bathroom area out back unlocked for all of us) , and I was in and out of TMR with my records at 10:30AM instead of standing in that mile long line all day. That's like a win win win win win if i've ever heard of one

The whole RSD was really chill. Chatted with Swank and he even commented on how he was really happy with the chill vibe of the whole day. No one running around freaking out, just people enjoying music and atmosphere.
shaneoftheroad
Little People

Post by shaneoftheroad »

arewhyehen wrote:It took me forever to track down Shane as well...and I was messaging him for part of the day...
Sorry about that. I turned my phone off when we went in to record and didn't turn it back on until we were eating lunch on Broadway afterward. Glad I came back to TMR before I went home though, lots of cool stuff went down.
koala
Little Acorn

Post by koala »

So was the puzzle an RSD exclusive or will it be sold online like the t-shirts?
I don't want to pay $125 for a puzzle.
anonymousbrunette
Little People

Post by anonymousbrunette »

dylnfan wrote:
anonymousbrunette wrote:What amazing experience! Shane nailed it. Showed up after quite a drive with a bundle of nerves (understandably, as The Blueprints frontman) and was informed that the appointment was an hour earlier than expected. Executed beautifully despite a repetitive solo injury. I owe a bushel of thanks to both Shane, and a particular "Ryan" for planting the seed. An unexpected and immense pleasure.

I need sleep.
So cool to see a group of my favorite Swirlers get together to put some real "love" on wax...and at the modern day vinyl Mecca no less! Badass.
Thanks Bobby! Missed your laugh this year.
"I didn't mean to drown myself. I meant to swim till I sank - but that's not the same thing."

My ISO/FS/FT List
http://www.thiscouldgoboom.org
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

anonymousbrunette wrote:
dylnfan wrote:

I need sleep.
Thanks Bobby! Missed your laugh this year.
So glad it all worked out for you guys!! The recording was beautiful.