TMR auction including Lightning bolt and Battle Royale 78!!!

Your Turntable's Not Dead
Aquamarine
Little Ghost

Re: TMR auction including Lightning bolt and Battle Royale 7

Post by Aquamarine »

That would really suck, if so, as in the past they've been very generous to at least one person who suffered a similar domestic disaster.
Datch
Little Acorn

Post by Datch »

I do hope tmr has a lifetime ban for people like this.
“More people know a fragment of his music than know his name.”
Datch
Little Acorn

Post by Datch »

Ok so this isnt from the same people i guess. but I have found a TMR action , it seems its about the same items.
https://www.biddingforgood.com/auction/ ... =242821959 Be quick, it ends in about 3 hrs.
“More people know a fragment of his music than know his name.”
Jamie
Little Ghost

Post by Jamie »

This guy's just returned from a year-long hiatus and still not addressed the issue. Also has a FS thread where he's selling the WYFFML tri. It's possible he acquired a second copy but it's concerning.
rsimms3
Tiny Elephant

Post by rsimms3 »

Jamie wrote:This guy's just returned from a year-long hiatus and still not addressed the issue. Also has a FS thread where he's selling the WYFFML tri. It's possible he acquired a second copy but it's concerning.
Not exactly. He showed back up in December yammering on and on about that Blunderblue record he's got trying to peddle it and some other records.
"The chairs are too nice, the chandeliers are too beautiful, and the popcorn is too buttery." - Jack White
"What if my problem wasn't that I don't understand people but that I don't like them?" - Louis Bloom
Jamie
Little Ghost

Post by Jamie »

That is true, and that is still what he is doing.

Also of note, just spotted this in one of those rambling posts:
I also have the absolute last Lightning Bolt (donated by TMR to the Birminghamusic Gala last year. Paid $250 Ina silent auction for it.)
The one from this thread. So he got them to donate it, then auctioned it off, then bought it in the auction himself? Or just pocketed it.
thirdtesla
Little Cream Soda

Post by thirdtesla »

Sorry for late update. Thread got vicious because I was seeing if you guys wanted to by them and giving you guys a heads up. I quite checking. Ha. Then I forgot how to sign in. Ha. Here's the scoop: I gave $2500 for them(Third Man got a tax deductible donation receipt for that total to prove I didn't just keep them.)It was a sad ass scene. The board voted to allow not make them available to the public. So only the people that paid to come to the Gala were allowed to bid on the items. Close to the end there were no bids! So I bid the $2500. I crazy over paid but so what. I woulda got some stupid Country club golf blah blah thingy or a dinner at schmooze as fine whats-it's. So instead of sending them back, which I would have done if they didn't sell(Gala was last day to take donations so couldn't resale later.), I gave what I would have anyway to what is,after you get passed the rich folk party excuse bs, a great organization. All the money goes to scholarships for talented musicians to further their career. Be it school or studio time. Anyone who has met me knows I wouldn't have just 'pocketed' them. I provided the Non Profit organization ID number and other documentation regularly provided to prove legitimacy to people/businesses that donate goods to Ben B. Wouldn't the lack of tax deductible documentation not only be suspicious, but illegal since they donated something?
And pardon me, but I have every right to sell them if I want. I can burn em if I feel like it.
My Friends are all Dying and Death can't Be Lying... It's the Truth, and It Don't Make A Noise-'White Moon', THE White Stripes
Jamie
Little Ghost

Post by Jamie »

So $250 is now $2500?

I'm going to donate some money to a charity I like, but before I do, I'm going to get TMR to donate some records to an auction then use the donation I was already going to give to "buy" those records. Everybody wins!
elduderino
Little Ghost

Post by elduderino »

he is everything i hate...