Third Man Board Game

Your Turntable's Not Dead
Aquamarine
Little Ghost

Re: Third Man Board Game

Post by Aquamarine »

I saw this elsewhere online with "now confirmed as a fake" in the description (as in, photoshopped logo), but as it was without attribution it doesn't get us much further forward. I'm totally intrigued by this.
littlecreamsoda3
Little Bird

Post by littlecreamsoda3 »

This is crazy. I'm going to need a backstory from TMR or Jack though!
scoliosispony
Little Acorn

Post by scoliosispony »

Aquamarine wrote:I saw this elsewhere online with "now confirmed as a fake" in the description (as in, photoshopped logo), but as it was without attribution it doesn't get us much further forward. I'm totally intrigued by this.
The guy on board game geek who posted the photo has been a member since 2007 and uploaded the photo on 12/2/14. It's the only version of that game I can find that was published by Saalfield. I also found a Saalfield version of that game coming up in toy price guides from 2008 & 2011, but without a photo. It's possible those photos could be fake but I'd like to see a photo of the actual Saalfield edition if that's the case.

UPDATE: I concur with it being fake. Apparently the game is called Moulin Rouge and this is the 1968 Saalfield edition http://ludosophia.free.fr/jeux/M/Moulin ... rouge.html. There's an Austrialian version by Hansa called Third Man http://boardgamegeek.com/boardgameversi ... an-edition.

I'm going to hold out hope that this is a future Vault item. The weird thing is that the game board is supposed to spin (moulin is French for mill), and that seems essential to the function of the game. The version with the TMR logo looks like a regular board.
i won't let love disrupt, corrupt, or interrupt me anymore...

littlecreamsoda3
Little Bird

Based on the woman's post on Instagram and her subsequent response on the TMR Collectors FB page, I have no reason to believe it's fake. This is a crazy find. Everyone start checking your local thrift stores.
littlecreamsoda3
Little Bird

littlecreamsoda3 wrote:Based on the woman's post on Instagram and her subsequent response on the TMR Collectors FB page, I have no reason to believe it's fake. This is a crazy find. Everyone start checking your local thrift stores.

Links for the lazy
http://instagram.com/p/xZuIFLFrgo/?modal=true
http://instagram.com/p/xX4R--lrvY/?modal=true
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Aquamarine
Little Ghost

Post by Aquamarine »

Aquamarine wrote:I saw this elsewhere online with "now confirmed as a fake" in the description (as in, photoshopped logo), but as it was without attribution it doesn't get us much further forward. I'm totally intrigued by this.
The "confirmation" has now apparently been deemed unconfirmed. :roll:

So, still an open question. If genuine, it would be nice to THINK the logo was legitimately acquired . .
crimpies
Little Acorn

Post by crimpies »

Did Patrick Keeler design the Third Man logo?

Source: http://littleroom.whitestripes.net/inde ... ers&page=3

From our very own runofthemill

MichaelRox
Little Cream Soda

Post by MichaelRox »

Per the instagram post from today I'm convinced it's real. I would bet you could message her on Instagram and request specific photos and she would probably post them. When requested ro post an additional photo she did post one. The board game itself does not seem to be fake. Where it came from could be in question but I suspect this is real. I love it either way.
My avatar photo was taken by Jo McCaughey of me and my wife using my Hasselblad 501C.
scoliosispony
Little Acorn

Post by scoliosispony »

MichaelRox wrote:Per the instagram post from today I'm convinced it's real. I would bet you could message her on Instagram and request specific photos and she would probably post them. When requested ro post an additional photo she did post one. The board game itself does not seem to be fake. Where it came from could be in question but I suspect this is real. I love it either way.
Yeah, I didn't see the original instagram post initially, and got hung up searching for more info. I guess it just wasn't a big seller so there's probably not a lot of copies still around.
i won't let love disrupt, corrupt, or interrupt me anymore...

littlecreamsoda3
Little Bird

I'm surprised this isn't a more popular thread
shaneoftheroad
Little People

Post by shaneoftheroad »

littlecreamsoda3 wrote:I'm surprised this isn't a more popular thread
Everyone is talking about it on the Facebook groups. Kinda wish we'd all decide to gather in one or two spots like Swirl and LR again though, makes it easier to go back and forth.
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

shaneoftheroad wrote:
littlecreamsoda3 wrote:I'm surprised this isn't a more popular thread
Everyone is talking about it on the Facebook groups. Kinda wish we'd all decide to gather in one or two spots like Swirl and LR again though, makes it easier to go back and forth.
Yeah, the forums are definitely easier to navigate.

This is pretty damned intriguing, but I'm just sitting back and waiting to see how TMR addresses it. If they do.
"And the message is clear: if we want Jack White as our hero, he will entertain, but not pander. We have to accept all his flaws, whims, caprices and manias as a critical, sometimes uncomfortable, part of the contract."
cobytate
Little Cream Soda

Post by cobytate »

i think the most intriguing part of it all is the timing…the surprise holiday test pressings, the post about the upholsterers singles on tmr, and this all within a pretty tight window of time. i guess it could all be coincidental and unrelated, but doesn't this all make you feel like the little boy in the christmas story movie waiting on his little orphan annie decoder ring?
Aquamarine
Little Ghost

Post by Aquamarine »

TMR has been pretty much on vacation, but I'm guessing they might address this in the coming week. Of course they might not realize the extent of the interest in it.
love_islander
Little People

Post by love_islander »

I thought we were all already playing the Third Man game?