Third Man Board Game

Your Turntable's Not Dead
cobytate
Little Cream Soda

Re: Third Man Board Game

Post by cobytate »

love_islander wrote:I thought we were all already playing the Third Man game?
+1
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

cobytate wrote:
love_islander wrote:I thought we were all already playing the Third Man game?
+1
Have been for a few years now, haven't we?
"And the message is clear: if we want Jack White as our hero, he will entertain, but not pander. We have to accept all his flaws, whims, caprices and manias as a critical, sometimes uncomfortable, part of the contract."
April
Little Bird

Post by April »

cobytate wrote:i think the most intriguing part of it all is the timing…the surprise holiday test pressings, the post about the upholsterers singles on tmr, and this all within a pretty tight window of time. i guess it could all be coincidental and unrelated, but doesn't this all make you feel like the little boy in the christmas story movie waiting on his little orphan annie decoder ring?
I can't speak to whether all of the other things are related to some bigger picture, but as the owner of the game, I can guarantee that it's not related. Well, unless someone decided to plant the game in an antique store in the middle of Indiana. It's a huge antique store and was just sitting there when I walked past. All I know is that this is all craziness. I thought when I posted it that everyone would be like "Yeah, didn't you know that's where the logo came from? I thought everyone knew that." Apparently I was wrong. Like I said, craziness!
athinkingcat
Little Bird

Post by athinkingcat »

I did find a copy of this game on boardgamegeek.com with some help. It is in the shipping process currently. I ordered It the day the original photos were posted. And will post photos of my copy when i recieve it. Also wrote third man and have yet to get a response. This one I ordered is coming from seattle area.
Last edited by athinkingcat on Sat Jan 17, 2015 5:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
trickster
Greek Mod

Post by trickster »

athinkingcat wrote:I did find a copy of this game on boardgeek.com wi5h some help. It is in the shipping process cucurrently. I ordered It the day the original photos were posted. And will post photos of my copy when i recieve it. Also wrote third man and have yet to get a response. This one I ordered is coming from seattle area.
You might want to edit your post and put the correct website address there
Please check my TMR pin/button ISO viewtopic.php?f=18&t=11426
dylnfan
Little Ghost

Post by dylnfan »

athinkingcat wrote:I did find a copy of this game on boardgeek.com wi5h some help. It is in the shipping process cucurrently. I ordered It the day the original photos were posted. And will post photos of my copy when i recieve it. Also wrote third man and have yet to get a response. This one I ordered is coming from seattle area.
Troll
"I haven't told him, but I'm adding him to my movement to bring nice back. Because nice is the coolest, most punk thing ever."

- Cmelo
athinkingcat
Little Bird

Post by athinkingcat »

Well I edited thanks trickster and to the other that called me a troll maybe you can explain why. I would have edited sooner but I posted days ago and had to wait to be approved for it to post thanks. Those that know me know I am just trying to also validate the reality of this game. At this point I have no reason to not believe But we will see Tuesday.
scoliosispony
Little Acorn

Post by scoliosispony »

I'm guessing you're the friend of the owner. It was interesting. I contacted the owner of the game and at first he said he'd gotten a lot of messages about it all of a sudden, but me and one other person were first. So he let me make an offer but then wrote back and said a friend of his who was on a Jack White forum asked him about it. I thought that was quite a coincidence that a friend of the board game collector was a swirler.
i won't let love disrupt, corrupt, or interrupt me anymore...

athinkingcat
Little Bird

Post by athinkingcat »

I bought mine from a totally different guy that had a set price. I am not the guys buddy told him nothing about me this forum or why I wanted the game. I don't know what your offer was but I did not buy from the boggy person.
athinkingcat
Little Bird

Post by athinkingcat »

Ohh and by help to be specific. I have a friend here in my home state that has a game/movie resale store he deals with hard to find stuff. And a cousin that collects games. I put out a call to them and my friend thought it was a fake The cousin actually found it on this site and directed me there. Neither of them knew why I wanted the game either but i did explain after I made the purchase.
Stl_ben
Tiny Elephant

Post by Stl_ben »

Athinkingcat is on vault chat all the time. She isn't a random new member troll.
<Quizze> @STL_Ben youre a soulless consumer
http://www.dailyvinyl.net
Datch
Little Acorn

Post by Datch »

Can't wait to see your pictures, I know it's true too!
“More people know a fragment of his music than know his name.”
trickster
Greek Mod

Post by trickster »

athinkingcat wrote:Well I edited thanks trickster and to the other that called me a troll maybe you can explain why. I would have edited sooner but I posted days ago and had to wait to be approved for it to post thanks. Those that know me know I am just trying to also validate the reality of this game. At this point I have no reason to not believe But we will see Tuesday.
I recognized your name from the Vault chat (as a few others did too, like Stl_ben) so I thought you just made a mistake with the URL.
It is normal that people who do not log in the vault caht would think that the erroneous URL might have been some sort of spam.
No worries anyway. All fixed now :)
Please check my TMR pin/button ISO viewtopic.php?f=18&t=11426
scoliosispony
Little Acorn

Post by scoliosispony »

athinkingcat wrote:Ohh and by help to be specific. I have a friend here in my home state that has a game/movie resale store he deals with hard to find stuff. And a cousin that collects games. I put out a call to them and my friend thought it was a fake The cousin actually found it on this site and directed me there. Neither of them knew why I wanted the game either but i did explain after I made the purchase.
Well, congrats either way. I made the assumption because when I looked there was just one user named Boggy who had the game on boardgamegeek, and he specifically mentioned the forum, so I figured the purchaser would pop up here eventually.
i won't let love disrupt, corrupt, or interrupt me anymore...

athinkingcat
Little Bird

Post by athinkingcat »

Stl_ben wrote:Athinkingcat is on vault chat all the time. She isn't a random new member troll.

Thanks Ben! And trickster I know it was whoever said that comment after you. Any how thanks and have a great day!