Third Man Board Game

Your Turntable's Not Dead
koala
Little Acorn

Re: Third Man Board Game

Post by koala »

So what is the game? Is it just a game of nine men's morris or some twist in it?
athinkingcat
Little Bird

Post by athinkingcat »

Exactly also known as Moulin rouge other names as well. My pkg is still en route. I Will post photos and fill in where I can when I receive it.
athinkingcat
Little Bird

Post by athinkingcat »

I just wish TMR would respond to my email about it. Or at least not pretend we are askin in vault chat. Nick and I were both asking when Jack came in. I think it's neat I'd like to know a little of the story why it was special to him obviously. Something that has become such a big part of his every day life has to have a story.
athinkingcat
Little Bird

Post by athinkingcat »

Okay so any who want to see or still don' t believe or just wanna check it out I posted a bunch of photos on third man record collectors on fb and on my instagram Same handle as here so feel free to have a look see.
pgharf
Little Cream Soda

Post by pgharf »

Just noticed this on the back of my Sympathetic Sounds of Detroit album, with the original board game logo and colors.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
dylnfan
Little Ghost

Post by dylnfan »

Looks about right to me...

"I haven't told him, but I'm adding him to my movement to bring nice back. Because nice is the coolest, most punk thing ever."

- Cmelo
Bikedo
Little Ghost

Post by Bikedo »

athinkingcat wrote:Okay so any who want to see or still don' t believe or just wanna check it out I posted a bunch of photos on third man record collectors on fb and on my instagram Same handle as here so feel free to have a look see.
Can't you just show us some pics on here?
Seems like the right place.
I'd like to sleep 100 days, my feeling has gone, flesh cold and numb.
shaneoftheroad
Little People

Post by shaneoftheroad »

shaneoftheroad
Little People

Post by shaneoftheroad »

Not my auction, by the way. I was gonna sit on it and try to pick it up but I figure most of you would've found it within the 9 days anyway. So now I just wanna see how high it'll go. I've wondered for a while what the game is worth. Let's find out together, shall we?
gst510
Little Acorn

Post by gst510 »

Interesting. I wonder who's driving the price of the game. Is it a rare/desirable collectable for board game enthusiasts?
Stl_ben
Tiny Elephant

Post by Stl_ben »

gst510 wrote:Interesting. I wonder who's driving the price of the game. Is it a rare/desirable collectable for board game enthusiasts?
It is an extremely rare game. It's extremely hard to find an open one, more less a sealed one.
<Quizze> @STL_Ben youre a soulless consumer
http://www.dailyvinyl.net
shaneoftheroad
Little People

Post by shaneoftheroad »

gst510 wrote:Interesting. I wonder who's driving the price of the game. Is it a rare/desirable collectable for board game enthusiasts?
I guarantee every bid this game gets will be from Third Man fans. Ben is right. This is incredibly rare. And its secrecy has fascinated all Third Man collectors since the game emerged on Instagram a couple years ago.
Stl_ben
Tiny Elephant

Post by Stl_ben »

shaneoftheroad wrote:
I guarantee every bid this game gets will be from Third Man fans. Ben is right. This is incredibly rare. And its secrecy has fascinated all Third Man collectors since the game emerged on Instagram a couple years ago.
I 100% disagree. Board game fans are more rabid then vinyl collectors. Check with your local gaming stores, see if they have local used game auctions. Mine does and it's awesome. Gaming fans pour money into this stuff. There are multiple huge board game conventions every year. It will not just be Jack White fans going for this. Not saying one won't end up with it...but they are far from the only interested parties.
<Quizze> @STL_Ben youre a soulless consumer
http://www.dailyvinyl.net
shaneoftheroad
Little People

Post by shaneoftheroad »

Stl_ben wrote:
shaneoftheroad wrote:
I 100% disagree. Board game fans are more rabid then vinyl collectors. Check with your local gaming stores, see if they have local used game auctions. Mine does and it's awesome. Gaming fans pour money into this stuff. There are multiple huge board game conventions every year. It will not just be Jack White fans going for this. Not saying one won't end up with it...but they are far from the only interested parties.
But is this game that desirable in the game collecting world? Is it a known collectible in the gaming universe? I only ask because one sat for years on the boardgamegeek market place for $15 before it was discovered by Third Man fans.
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

shaneoftheroad wrote:
Stl_ben wrote:
shaneoftheroad wrote:
But is this game that desirable in the game collecting world? Is it a known collectible in the gaming universe? I only ask because one sat for years on the boardgamegeek market place for $15 before it was discovered by Third Man fans.
Who got that one?