Holiday Help-A-Thon

Your Turntable's Not Dead
scoliosispony
Little Acorn

Re: Holiday Help-A-Thon

Post by scoliosispony »

chaptertwentyone wrote:I love this conversation.
It makes me feel like a kid again at the grab bag of a classroom Christmas party.
Sizing up presents and such.
No sarcasm intended.
This was a really spectacular way to close out a great year at TMR.
+1
i won't let love disrupt, corrupt, or interrupt me anymore...

Freter
Little Acorn

Post by Freter »

jesxsmith wrote:Every gift under the tree was so amazing! Here's me and my friends' gifts!
I got the plum series box. I'm pretty content. I ended up blacking out at the end of my blood giving, so I was pretty out of it when I picked my gift. I was going to go for the black box that had the season pass in it, but you beat me to the punch! [SMILING FACE WITH OPEN MOUTH AND SMILING EYES] But I'm super pumped, as it is a complete set with Lazaretto and Honky Tonk Horror. Maybe one of the few complete sets in Nashville!

I won't be giving blood for a while, do to the blacking out, but I'm glad I could give. Nashville is notoriously bad at donating blood, one of the Red Cross employees told me we even import blood during the holiday season. So I was pumped that so many people were donating. And baring physical harm, it was a jolly good time.
shaneoftheroad
Little People

Post by shaneoftheroad »

Freter wrote:
jesxsmith wrote:Every gift under the tree was so amazing! Here's me and my friends' gifts!
I got the plum series box. I'm pretty content. I ended up blacking out at the end of my blood giving, so I was pretty out of it when I picked my gift. I was going to go for the black box that had the season pass in it, but you beat me to the punch! [SMILING FACE WITH OPEN MOUTH AND SMILING EYES] But I'm super pumped, as it is a complete set with Lazaretto and Honky Tonk Horror. Maybe one of the few complete sets in Nashville!

I won't be giving blood for a while, do to the blacking out, but I'm glad I could give. Nashville is notoriously bad at donating blood, one of the Red Cross employees told me we even import blood during the holiday season. So I was pumped that so many people were donating. And baring physical harm, it was a jolly good time.
I nearly blacked out at the end, when they made me raise my arm above my head. I was trying so hard to be strong for the young lady waiting to donate. She was nervous and I had been telling her the whole time it wasn't anything. It really didn't hurt while they were taking the blood, was keeping her calm. Then I felt like I was gonna throw up and pass out. They had to recline my seat and put cold towels on my face. So much for keeping her calm.
Freter
Little Acorn

Post by Freter »

shaneoftheroad wrote:
Freter wrote:

I nearly blacked out at the end, when they made me raise my arm above my head. I was trying so hard to be strong for the young lady waiting to donate. She was nervous and I had been telling her the whole time it wasn't anything. It really didn't hurt while they were taking the blood, was keeping her calm. Then I felt like I was gonna throw up and pass out. They had to recline my seat and put cold towels on my face. So much for keeping her calm.
Yeah, I was I. The same spot. She had just pulled the needle out, and I felt super nauseous. I was lair ending to LCD Soundsystem, and was feeling fine, then I felt nauseous, and then the next thing I know, the world is spinning, and there are three nurses, and my mother all shouting my name at me. My mother is also a nurse, and because I am 16 and needed a parent there to donate, and because she had never been to third man, she went with me. I'm so glad she was there, because I was in no shape to drive after that.
jesxsmith
Little Bird

Post by jesxsmith »

haha I'm glad I'm not the only one that nearly passed out. I got super nauseated and was terrified I was going to puke in the blue room.
dylnfan
Little Ghost

Post by dylnfan »

Anyone know what the TP was?
"I haven't told him, but I'm adding him to my movement to bring nice back. Because nice is the coolest, most punk thing ever."

- Cmelo
shaneoftheroad
Little People

Post by shaneoftheroad »

jesxsmith wrote:haha I'm glad I'm not the only one that nearly passed out. I got super nauseated and was terrified I was going to puke in the blue room.
Amen, sister. I asked the Red Cross guy if it was OK for me to puke. He said of course, of course. Then I kinda looked around and realized I could possibly vomit on the Blue Room floor. Such an uncool thing in one of the coolest venues. Glad I held it back.
scoliosispony
Little Acorn

Post by scoliosispony »

dylnfan wrote:Anyone know what the TP was?
2010 singles collection, i think just one of the LPs from the set.

The woman did something wrong after filling my sample tubes and so they had to mark that specimen contaminated. Then I volunteered my other arm (the right had already been poked) so I could donate something since that was the whole point, but then the computer wouldn't let them draw from my other arm. Just a tech issue. How lame is that? I felt bad that I wound up not giving any blood. I got there at 1:05 for my 1:15 and ended up leaving at 4 (it took that long to get through the rigamaroll). But I still had fun hanging with folks and trying to support a good cause.
i won't let love disrupt, corrupt, or interrupt me anymore...

Freter
Little Acorn

Post by Freter »

Yeah, it was all in good fun, with a good cause I'm mind. Nashville needs the blood, especially vandy and vandy kids. If I'm not
Mistaken, that was the biggest blood drive of the holiday season.
shadynuts
Little Cream Soda

Post by shadynuts »

High Ball Stepper for me,in a bag.it was all around a great day!!!
anonymousbrunette
Little People

Post by anonymousbrunette »

I wonder how many people gave blood for the first time. I think that's the best part about TMR hosting these drives.
"I didn't mean to drown myself. I meant to swim till I sank - but that's not the same thing."

My ISO/FS/FT List
http://www.thiscouldgoboom.org
shaneoftheroad
Little People

Post by shaneoftheroad »

That was my first time.
alteridiom
Little Acorn

Post by alteridiom »

I actually wasn't able to donate. I visited the Amazon jungle last January so won't be eligible to donate until this January. Thankfully TMR are a bunch of lovely people and let me pull a gift any way. I was hesitant. I felt bad about it but went ahead at their insistence. Incredibly excited for my tour. Im going to wait a bit before scheduling. Maybe when Jack isn't touring as I would love for him to be there. FYI the record isn't actually a record. It's just a little piece of plastic cut to the size. I'm hoping I can keep it though. It's pretty awesome. I will say when I picked it I couldn't quite figure it out. She had to keep saying read what it says. I was nervous so it took me a minute.
Looking for White Denim Black and Blue
shaneoftheroad
Little People

Post by shaneoftheroad »

Hey, you were there willing and ready. No need to feel guilty or hesitant. When you take the tour be sure to make many mental notes because we'll all want to hear every single detail. Congratulations.
chaptertwentyone
Little People

Post by chaptertwentyone »

alteridiom wrote:I actually wasn't able to donate. I visited the Amazon jungle last January so won't be eligible to donate until this January. Thankfully TMR are a bunch of lovely people and let me pull a gift any way. I was hesitant. I felt bad about it but went ahead at their insistence. Incredibly excited for my tour. Im going to wait a bit before scheduling. Maybe when Jack isn't touring as I would love for him to be there. FYI the record isn't actually a record. It's just a little piece of plastic cut to the size. I'm hoping I can keep it though. It's pretty awesome. I will say when I picked it I couldn't quite figure it out. She had to keep saying read what it says. I was nervous so it took me a minute.
I know exactly where you're coming from here.
Mono and tattoos have held me back from donating on three separate occasions.
I would have rather a TMR gift, but free cookies did me just fine!
“I’M GONNA KILL MY BROTHER JACK
I’M GONNA KILL MY BROTHER JACK
I’M GONNA STAB HIM RIGHT IN THE BACK
PUT HIM IN THIS HOLE
AND HE’LL NEVER COME BACK
‘MEMBER THAT?”