Holiday Help-A-Thon

Your Turntable's Not Dead
shaneoftheroad
Little People

Holiday Help-A-Thon

Post by shaneoftheroad »

I know this is being discussed in another thread but I figured it needed its own.
Holiday Help-A-Thon

Posted by Third Man on 19 November 2014

For the next month, Third Man Records will be throwing a Holiday Help-a-Thon, and there are all sorts of ways to get involved and end 2014 feeling good about your contribution to society.

The Nashville Rescue Mission is dedicated to helping the hungry, homeless and hurting, and we are so honored to have such great neighbors. In 2013, they served over 669k meals to those in need, offered close to 35k hours of free education, and provided almost 278k nights of safe shelter to those who would otherwise spend the night on the street. Last holiday season, we did a Turkey drive in November, and this season we'd like to solidify the tradition of giving back with your help. This year, the Mission has expressed a special need for toys and clothes for children as well as food items for their Christmas dinner.

Bring us 3 of any of the following donation items (today through December 19th during normal business hours) and be entered to win the ultimate prize of 2014: a copy of EACH EXCLUSIVE RECORD we released in 2014. EVERY. SINGLE. ONE. (Excludes Vault packages, of course.) —PLUS— receive 30% off your purchase (certain items excluded*) —OR— a free recording in our Record Booth at our Nashville storefront (a great gift for Mom!). If this doesn't get you in the giving spirit, we don't know what will. Here's what we need:

Choose 3:

Children's or Adult Clothing Item (New, please)
Children's or Adult Jacket
Cold Weather Gear - Hats, Gloves, Scarves (New, please)
Children's Toy (New, please & not wrapped)
#10 sized Can of Green Beans
Large Bag of Onions
Box/Bag of Stuffing Mix
Bottle of Salad Dressing
#10 sized Can of Cranberry Sauce
Foil Turkey Pans + Aluminum Foil (Counts as 1 item)
Styrofoam Bowls + Divided Plates (Counts as 1 item)
Paper Napkins + Plasticware (Counts as 1 item)
Coffee
Sugar + Shelf-Stable Creamer (Counts as 1 item)

The month of being good people, the whole lot of us, will end with another opportunity to give blood to the American Red Cross on December 19th. With the generosity of Third Man fans, we helped up to 96 people live to spend another holiday season with their loved ones, and we are thrilled to have the chance to double that number this month.

Like our previous blood drive, space is limited, and we won't let you leave a pound lighter with nothing to show for it. Donors will be granted one gift from beneath the Third Man Family Christmas tree, and trust us, there are no ugly sweaters, socks, or vacuum cleaners in there... every wrapped mystery gift will delight and excite! If you are eligible and would like to donate blood in our drive, please e-mail blood@thirdmanrecords.com with your full name, address, phone number and age. Appointments will be filled on a first-come-first-served basis, and we cannot accommodate any walk-ins.

We THANK YOU in advance for helping us help others. We have it so good having you all around.

NOTE: For those of you who would like to contribute but are out of town, feel free to donate directly to the Mission or the Red Cross, OR send us your donations in a package to the following address. Include your NAME, E-MAIL ADDRESS, and PHONE NUMBER in the package.

THIRD MAN RECORDS

attn: Holiday Help-a-thon Donation

621 7th Avenue S.

Nashville, TN 37203
shaneoftheroad
Little People

Re: Holiday Help-A-Thon

Post by shaneoftheroad »

I had to miss the last two events due to babysitting issues. But this time my wife is off so I can go down to Nashville alone to donate. I already have my appointment. I'll be donating at 11 a.m. and will likely have lunch in Nashville before I go back home, if anyone wants to join me.
mangry
Little Ghost

Post by mangry »

I am donating at 2:00. My wife and I get out of school at 10:30 for Christmas break, so we'll be heading to Nashville for lunch, blood donation, and a beer afterward. Hashtag morebangforyourbuck. :lol: She's driving.
Hyperbole used for effect!
kalv04
Little Acorn

Post by kalv04 »

I sent an email, hoping to get an appointment! If so I'll have beer with you guys. Or some whiskey. Don't judge me.
"Bye Snookums!" -nickboat
Stl_ben
Tiny Elephant

Post by Stl_ben »

Drinking after giving blood.....NOT A GOOD IDEA!
<Quizze> @STL_Ben youre a soulless consumer
http://www.dailyvinyl.net
kalv04
Little Acorn

Post by kalv04 »

I was gonna drink before.....
"Bye Snookums!" -nickboat
mangry
Little Ghost

Post by mangry »

Stl_ben wrote:Drinking after giving blood.....NOT A GOOD IDEA!
Hey, sometimes you gotta live like you're a college sophomore all over again.

In all seriousness, it's probably gonna be donate blood, go home, and sleep after finishing a semester of teaching.
Alabama Woody
Tiny Elephant

Post by Alabama Woody »

mangry wrote:I am donating at 2:00. My wife and I get out of school at 10:30 for Christmas break, so we'll be heading to Nashville for lunch, blood donation, and a beer afterward. Hashtag morebangforyourbuck. :lol: She's driving.
My appointment is at 2pm. See you there !
I was going to donate some goods, you still willing to record a song, got time ? I'll pm you soon. They said with donations you can record for free.

I'm going to get there a lil early and buy Paramount #2

:-)
Forget what you see
And what you thought was true
It's not really me
Speaking to you

Brendan Benson

"Rock and Roll mother fuckers do you speak it?"
hawke000

"B2F1" Pug/Woody
mangry
Little Ghost

Post by mangry »

Alabama Woody wrote:
mangry wrote:I am donating at 2:00. My wife and I get out of school at 10:30 for Christmas break, so we'll be heading to Nashville for lunch, blood donation, and a beer afterward. Hashtag morebangforyourbuck. :lol: She's driving.
I was going to donate some goods, you still willing to record a song, got time ? I'll pm you soon. They said with donations you can record for free.

Yeah buddy, let's do a Christmas song. :clap:
scoliosispony
Little Acorn

Post by scoliosispony »

Alabama Woody wrote:

Nice. I'm donating at 1:15. I'll hang out a while and say hey.
i won't let love disrupt, corrupt, or interrupt me anymore...

Alabama Woody
Tiny Elephant

Post by Alabama Woody »

scoliosispony wrote:
Alabama Woody wrote:

Nice. I'm donating at 1:15. I'll hang out a while and say hey.
Sounds good. A blood letting Party :-)
Forget what you see
And what you thought was true
It's not really me
Speaking to you

Brendan Benson

"Rock and Roll mother fuckers do you speak it?"
hawke000

"B2F1" Pug/Woody
CrazyEthan
Little Bird

Post by CrazyEthan »

Does anybody know if they still have space for the blood drive? I sent an email over a week ago, and I still haven't heard a thing from them.
shteev
Little Ghost

Post by shteev »

I have an appointment for 3:45 but a new job and trying to move the family will not allow me to attend. Anyone able to fill the spot? Pm me
I could be wronga,,,I could be rright.
mangry
Little Ghost

Post by mangry »

For all donating blood today, feel free to share what your present was! Those pictures on IG sure were tantalizing.
curseofhalos

Post by curseofhalos »

mangry wrote:For all donating blood today, feel free to share what your present was! Those pictures on IG sure were tantalizing.

I'm so nervous about picking mine out.... :lol: