Vault Party Update

Your Turntable's Not Dead
Alabama Woody
Tiny Elephant

Re: Vault Party Update

Post by Alabama Woody »

kevron6 wrote:
Alabama Woody wrote:I'm still waiting for the "happy" post........lol.

Hey Kevron, while I'm here. I thankyou for the prints, they survived the heat and made it home safely, which is a miracle. My wife loves them, so all is good. Looking at the values on EB, I would say you cut me a very fair deal. I thankyou..........now back to your regular scheduled progaming.
Yep you got a bargain. Glad I could help out and glad they made it home safe and sound. It was nice to meet you even though I was rushed you seemed like a really nice guy.
Thanks again,
I'm going to try to make the Conan show, hopefully I will see you there. Be sure to bring napkins with you, those double downs can be messy.
Forget what you see
And what you thought was true
It's not really me
Speaking to you

Brendan Benson

"Rock and Roll mother fuckers do you speak it?"
hawke000

"B2F1" Pug/Woody
ochfish707
Little Ghost

Post by ochfish707 »

love_islander wrote:
stoutr wrote:
LeZenith wrote:
also why ze hawke like ze big cock? zis bird u eat, no?
I'm fairly certain Hawke just likes ze big cock. Just the way he rolls.
or eats
I can already hear hawkes 'you are what you eat' comment coming..
'i'm taking my ball and going home'
hawke000

Post by hawke000 »

ochfish707 wrote: I can already hear hawkes 'you are what you eat' comment coming..
:lol: I'd rather save my zingers for something unpredictable haha
ochfish707
Little Ghost

Post by ochfish707 »

hawke000 wrote:
ochfish707 wrote: I can already hear hawkes 'you are what you eat' comment coming..
:lol: I'd rather save my zingers for something unpredictable haha
So you don't deny this being true?
'i'm taking my ball and going home'
anonymousbrunette
Little People

Post by anonymousbrunette »

It took 'til 2 a.m. but finally got my photos in order. Only a couple to post here because the links are a pain. But as a whole, they showed a whole lot of happy people getting along real swell. How else do you explain people hanging out for hours after the last band packed up?

The bands were great. The support expressed by vault members for the artists was one of the best things about the event. Big love. And it wasn't enough that the musicians set-up early/played/packed up for FREE, but nearly all of them were there for the entire event, helped everywhere with everything, and did more than their share of manning the merch/food tables. Dex killed it on stage but Sarah leaves a lasting memory of talent and sincerity. I am now a full-on fan of Sartain. If he comes to your town he is not to be missed. The 1-10's have a hell of a lot of talent and their CD sounded great in the daylight.

It took a day or so for people to fully relax (or maybe it was just me.) This was my first event where nearly everyone I knew I didn't know at all. But as one might have guessed, the majority of people are genuine, kind, and just fun to be around. I'm happy that when I read a snarky comment by Larry, his voice now rings in my ears, and that whenever Bobbie posts, I'll think of his contagious laugh. The look on Scott's face when he won the UGWNL signed DVD was priceless - I would listen to his animated recounting of the story endlessly. Finally meeting the fair brendaclay who has a sense of humor like a whip, and is soft to boot (a lasting impression for sure.)

The URP tour is better than good. If you are anywhere near Nashville be sure to drop in as they are pleased to show you around house. It is mesmerizing seeing those behemoth machines churn out vinyl. We took our time, and our guide was happy to oblige. Trashcans of broken vinyl that you wanted to slather on like sunscreen. The diversity in music being committed to wax was fantastic to witness. Rows upon rows of crisp UGWNLs stacked next to Lady Gagas newest release (which I understand is being churned out almost daily now.) You come out feeling that its all the same, and its all good, and its all special. (Perhaps Karen's peach a little more so. Or maybe I was intoxicated by the smell in the sleeving corner of URP.)

Random ramblings: Sandra's pigtails, and cheeks set in a permanent smile. I want to adopt Will. UK Dave is far more interesting than his career choice would imply. Derrick is a clever guy to be around - don't let the accent fool you. Mark is a gentleman with an oversized heart. I've had an apostasy regarding gogo and burlesque dancers. Goodies donated by fans and TMR raised over $500 for Nashville flood relief. The end.

If I've left anyone out, I assure you that it is me, not you. If you were at the event and/or I took a photo of you and you don't see it here ping me. I enjoyed every minute of it.

Photo 1 - Sarah Romweber
Photo 2 - MagicSkipper & WillPhail(?) of the 1-10s
Photo 3 - AlabamaWoody
Photo 4 - JeeJet, PeterG, Dylanfan (center - white shirt & hat), BrendaClay (grey shorts), Grim (the tallest one there)
Photo 5 - Beakersoul, ElDuderino, Pug
Photo 6 - Dex
Photos 7 & 8 - Lots of happy people, most of whom have not complained since
Photo 9 - The Turncoats featuring our/the Vault's own Turncoat and Red Raccoon. Great band.
Photo 10 - Drummintodabeat, MagicSkipper & Dylanfan
Photo 11 - Parasite Diet (Starring Pug)
Photo 12 - 80sskatebetty
Photo 13 - JeeJet & 80sskatebetty managing the raffle
ImagePhoto 14 - Dan Sartain and happy listeners
Last edited by anonymousbrunette on Thu Jun 17, 2010 2:17 am, edited 3 times in total.
"I didn't mean to drown myself. I meant to swim till I sank - but that's not the same thing."

My ISO/FS/FT List
http://www.thiscouldgoboom.org
Kaber
Little People

Post by Kaber »

Nice pics.
dylnfan
Little Ghost

Post by dylnfan »

anonymousbrunette wrote:It took 'til 2 a.m. but finally got my photos in order. Only a couple to post here because the links are a pain. But as a whole, they showed a whole lot of happy people getting along real swell.
Fantastic pics Ara! Looking forward to checking out the rest! :D
anonymousbrunette wrote:Dex killed it on stage but Sarah leaves a lasting memory of talent and sincerity.
I too was blown away by Sarah, perhaps more than any other artist this weekend...think I'm in love!
anonymousbrunette wrote:And that whenever Bobbie posts, I'll think of his contagious laugh.
:oops: :lol: :oops:
anonymousbrunette wrote:Mark is a gentleman with an oversized heart.
Amen! One of the nicest, most genuine guys you'll ever meet.
"I haven't told him, but I'm adding him to my movement to bring nice back. Because nice is the coolest, most punk thing ever."

- Cmelo
texascyclone
Little Acorn

Post by texascyclone »

GREAT PICS ARA ... GREAT PARTY... GREAT PEOPLE... i LIKE THE VIBE...
THE MUSIC.... THE TOUR OF URP..... EVEN WAITING IN LINE WAS FUN NOW THAT I KNOW MANY OF YOU...
i WAS A COAT TAIL RIDER JESSIES TERM AND HAD A GREAT TIME DRANK A LOTTA GOOD BEER WITH SOME FUN AND INTERESTING PEOPLE.
CANT WAIT TIL NEXT TIME YOU ALL WERE GREAT
Alabama Woody
Tiny Elephant

Post by Alabama Woody »

How can ya'll look so refreshingly beautiful in your pics and I look so sweaty and drunk? I think I was overcome with emotion. Great pictures. I thank you and Heather and everyone else that helped, I will never forget this trip. What a good trip it was. I love the picture of Heather behind the counter, she looks so happy! I had hoped that she was able to enjoy herself with so much to do. I know she was........... when the bands were playing! After all, it was all about the music, and the music was great. Some of the friendships made........... even greater! Ara, you are beautiful, both inside and out, I knew this within minutes of meeting you.
Last edited by Alabama Woody on Thu Jun 10, 2010 5:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Forget what you see
And what you thought was true
It's not really me
Speaking to you

Brendan Benson

"Rock and Roll mother fuckers do you speak it?"
hawke000

"B2F1" Pug/Woody
anonymousbrunette
Little People

Alabama Woody wrote:How can ya'll look so refreshingly beautiful in your pics and I look so sweaty and drunk?
Its not you, its my camera. Battery died just as the 1-10's took the stage so I had to fall back on the camera phone for the next two days.
"I didn't mean to drown myself. I meant to swim till I sank - but that's not the same thing."

My ISO/FS/FT List
hawke000

Post by hawke000 »

You forgot this one Ara:

dylnfan
Little Ghost

Post by dylnfan »

hawke000 wrote:You forgot this one Ara:

Fucking genius.
"I haven't told him, but I'm adding him to my movement to bring nice back. Because nice is the coolest, most punk thing ever."

- Cmelo
theholyhounds
Little Bird

Post by theholyhounds »

dylnfan wrote:
hawke000 wrote:You forgot this one Ara:

Fucking genius.

+1
anonymousbrunette
Little People

Ha ha! Your talents are so underutilized it's tragic.

My ISO/FS/FT List
dylnfan
Little Ghost

Post by dylnfan »

Dammit! Post #333 wasted responding to Hawke's damn Photoshop skills (not that your talents aren't appreciated)! :D Feel like I should say something profound...yeah, I got nuthin.

- Cmelo