I’M GONNA STAB HIM RIGHT IN THE BACK
PUT HIM IN THIS HOLE
AND HE’LL NEVER COME BACK
‘MEMBER THAT?”
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Re: Record Store Day 2017

Post by arewhyehen »

Kali Durga wrote:According to the store page, there are currently 40 Blue Series. Will be interesting to see if this covers all up to a certain point, or only a selection of them-- http://thirdmanstore.com/blue-series?limit=all
I would love one on the Green Series as well..
chaptertwentyone
Little People

Post by chaptertwentyone »

Welp, I'm intrigued by two titles on the list, but neither of which are worth calling out of work and lining up early for. Each of these have a high pressing count, and even then I might only be interested in the latter based on it's presentation and price point;

• Against Me! – Stabitha Christie / First High of the Morning [7 ”] (Picture Disc, 2 brand new songs, limited to 4000, indie-retail exclusiv

• Ramones – 76-’79 Singles Box [10×7 ” Box Set] (cigarette-style outer box, picture sleeves where applicable, limited / numbered to 6500 worldwide, indie-retail exclusive)
“I’M GONNA KILL MY BROTHER JACK
I’M GONNA KILL MY BROTHER JACK
PUT HIM IN THIS HOLE
‘MEMBER THAT?”
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

chaptertwentyone wrote:Welp, I'm intrigued by two titles on the list, but neither of which are worth calling out of work and lining up early for. Each of these have a high pressing count, and even then I might only be interested in the latter based on it's presentation and price point;

• Against Me! – Stabitha Christie / First High of the Morning [7 ”] (Picture Disc, 2 brand new songs, limited to 4000, indie-retail exclusiv

• Ramones – 76-’79 Singles Box [10×7 ” Box Set] (cigarette-style outer box, picture sleeves where applicable, limited / numbered to 6500 worldwide, indie-retail exclusive)
A few for me..

Coheed And Cambria – Good Apollo, I’m Burning Star IV Volume One [2LP] (150 Gram Splatter Vinyl, gatefold, download, first time on vinyl, limited to 2500, indie-retail exclusive) LP

Gary Clark Jr. / Kaleo – When My Train Comes In / All The Pretty Girls [7 ”] (Red Vinyl, lives tracks from KBCO studio picture sleeve, limited to 500, indie-retail exclusive)

Pearl Jam – Pearl Jam State Of Love And Trust / Breath [7”] (limited to 5000, indie-retail exclusive)

Pokey LaFarge – Riot In The Streets / Better Man Than Me [10 ”] (B-side etching of original hand-drawn image by Pokey, limited to 1500, indie-retail exclusive)

Red Hot Chili Peppers – Go Robot / Dreams Of A Samurai (Live) [12 ”] (Picture Disc, clear vinyl sleeve, limited to 5000, indie-retail exclusive)
chaptertwentyone
Little People

THIS is the sort of thing that pisses me off. This was an album that was released at the end of October on vinyl and from what I can see has since been sold out and not repressed... until now. In a limited quantity. Numbered. With an ebook?

• Iggy Pop – Post Pop Depression: Live At The Royal Albert Hall [3LP] (180 Gram, deluxe gatefold, 16 page eBook, download, individually numbered / limited to 1200, indie-retail exclusive)
PUT HIM IN THIS HOLE
‘MEMBER THAT?”
Stl_ben
Tiny Elephant

Post by Stl_ben »

Full list isn't even out yet...
<Quizze> @STL_Ben youre a soulless consumer
http://www.dailyvinyl.net
chaptertwentyone
Little People

I considered the Pokey release too, but I wouldn't lose sleep over it if I missed it.
PUT HIM IN THIS HOLE
‘MEMBER THAT?”
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

Stl_ben wrote:Full list isn't even out yet...
Yeah, just a bunch more emerging this morning. I am pretty excited about the GCJ and KALEO release.. only 500 though :thumbdown:
Stl_ben
Tiny Elephant

Post by Stl_ben »

arewhyehen wrote:
Stl_ben wrote:Full list isn't even out yet...
Yeah, just a bunch more emerging this morning. I am pretty excited about the GCJ and KALEO release.. only 500 though :thumbdown:
Most of the stuff emerging is from the leaked UK list. Full list comes out today. Guessing that 500 number is how many in the UK, not the total number...but I could be wrong.
JakobGreen
Little Bird

Post by JakobGreen »

chaptertwentyone wrote:Welp, I'm intrigued by two titles on the list, but neither of which are worth calling out of work and lining up early for. Each of these have a high pressing count, and even then I might only be interested in the latter based on it's presentation and price point;

That Ramones sounds interesting..
chaptertwentyone
Little People

JakobGreen wrote:

That Ramones sounds interesting..
This too.

• Sex Pistols – Anarchy In The UK: The UK & US Singles [5×7 ” Box] (in the original 1977 sleeves housed in a singles box, limited to 3500, indie-retail exclusive)
PUT HIM IN THIS HOLE
‘MEMBER THAT?”
runofthemill
Little Ghost

Post by runofthemill »

arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

the website has pretty pictures..

http://www.recordstoreday.com/SpecialReleases
Stl_ben
Tiny Elephant

Post by Stl_ben »

Damn can't believe the Gary Clark Jr is actually limited to 500! poo...
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

Stl_ben wrote:Damn can't believe the Gary Clark Jr is actually limited to 500! poo...
and UK only??? Why can't I find it on the US list?

Other than the Coheed, that is one of the ones I am most excited about. I love Kaleo as well..