RSD @ TMR - April 19th 2014

Your Turntable's Not Dead
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Re: RSD @ TMR

Post by Kali Durga »

chaptertwentyone wrote:I think people need to take a deep breath, relax, and wait and see.
Sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee-it, man, that's all we've ever done with Third Man.
"And the message is clear: if we want Jack White as our hero, he will entertain, but not pander. We have to accept all his flaws, whims, caprices and manias as a critical, sometimes uncomfortable, part of the contract."
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

chaptertwentyone wrote:Exactly.
I think people need to take a deep breath, relax, and wait and see.

I couldn’t agree more. I say this over and over again. It gets to a point where people become quite annoying (and very wrong) with their predictions. People keep on building this big dream they want TMR to announce every time and build all this suspense and then when TMR actually announces something, everyone is disappointed because it is not what they wanted or not as “big” as we expected. This is where these big expectations of TMR owing us all these big things, comes from.

I think if people just chilled out and didn’t freak out before every release, expecting TMR to reinvent the wheel each time they announce something (vault, RSD, new release, artist) then we wouldn’t be so disappointed every time they give us something new. I think we would actually be happier with many of the things this way and appreciate them much more.

Now before I get everyone replying “OH I DO THOSE THINGS BUT IM JUST EXCITED” well, so is everyone else, but we keep it inside, or use the backspace button from time to time.

Ya, they call me the Grinch.. :arrow:
JonnyH
Little Ghost

Post by JonnyH »

arewhyehen wrote:

I couldn’t agree more. I say this over and over again. It gets to a point where people become quite annoying (and very wrong) with their predictions. People keep on building this big dream they want TMR to announce every time and build all this suspense and then when TMR actually announces something, everyone is disappointed because it is not what they wanted or not as “big” as we expected. This is where these big expectations of TMR owing us all these big things, comes from.

I think if people just chilled out and didn’t freak out before every release, expecting TMR to reinvent the wheel each time they announce something (vault, RSD, new release, artist) then we wouldn’t be so disappointed every time they give us something new. I think we would actually be happier with many of the things this way and appreciate them much more.

Now before I get everyone replying “OH I DO THOSE THINGS BUT IM JUST EXCITED” well, so is everyone else, but we keep it inside, or use the backspace button from time to time.

<3 You!
shaneoftheroad
Little People

Post by shaneoftheroad »

Meh, this forum is the place to freak out over (or be disappointed by) TMR events and releases. If not here (on a specified fan forum) then where? Go nuts everybody! You're not here to impress anybody. :)

(Wait, ARE you here to impress somebody? If so, my apologies)
redflag
Little Cream Soda

Post by redflag »

arewhyehen wrote:

Letting your imagination run wild with possible TMR RSD stuff to the point of expecting your imaginings to be reality is a good way to be disappointed. Very true. But, I don't think TMR gives us anything new. They sell us something new. We as consumers are free to feel disappointed with the offerings. We don't have to "just be happy that they're selling us records". I don't expect them to re-invent the wheel with every release, but the BS with the Desert Gold set is pretty bad. Also, Vault 19 is understandably a disappointment as it's previously released material and not the 12", 7", and bonus item that has served as the definition of Vault package since #1. I guess I'm trying to ramble out that not all disappointment is the same.
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

redflag wrote:
arewhyehen wrote:

Letting your imagination run wild with possible TMR RSD stuff to the point of expecting your imaginings to be reality is a good way to be disappointed. Very true. But, I don't think TMR gives us anything new. They sell us something new. We as consumers are free to feel disappointed with the offerings. We don't have to "just be happy that they're selling us records". I don't expect them to re-invent the wheel with every release, but the BS with the Desert Gold set is pretty bad. Also, Vault 19 is understandably a disappointment as it's previously released material and not the 12", 7", and bonus item that has served as the definition of Vault package since #1. I guess I'm trying to ramble out that not all disappointment is the same.
I agree. There are a lot of things to be disappointed over. I just think people really get their hopes up with everything and then are really let down when they don't get what they expected. People really ask for a lot from them at times. Then there are things like the SXSW box set that we just expect to be delivered within a year or purchase ;) haha
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

It would be cool if TMR offered something special for vault members on RSD. Last year they just released the elephant split which was available anywhere, but it would have been cool if they offered a limited edition to vault members and you had to purchase a ticket on the vault prior to RSD or something. Or if they had a meet and greet or special performance and tickets were only available on the vault. They could still have their general public sales like every year, but just a little extra special surprise for vault members. Just a thought for upcoming RSD's..
knoxvle
Little Acorn

Post by knoxvle »

arewhyehen wrote:It would be cool if TMR offered something special for vault members on RSD. Last year they just released the elephant split which was available anywhere, but it would have been cool if they offered a limited edition to vault members and you had to purchase a ticket on the vault prior to RSD or something. Or if they had a meet and greet or special performance and tickets were only available on the vault. They could still have their general public sales like every year, but just a little extra special surprise for vault members. Just a thought for upcoming RSD's..
That would be awesome. With the canadian dollar crapping the bed my vault costs me around $80CDN a quarter!
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

knoxvle wrote:
arewhyehen wrote:It would be cool if TMR offered something special for vault members on RSD. Last year they just released the elephant split which was available anywhere, but it would have been cool if they offered a limited edition to vault members and you had to purchase a ticket on the vault prior to RSD or something. Or if they had a meet and greet or special performance and tickets were only available on the vault. They could still have their general public sales like every year, but just a little extra special surprise for vault members. Just a thought for upcoming RSD's..
That would be awesome. With the canadian dollar crapping the bed my vault costs me around $80CDN a quarter!
You don't have to tell me dude! It sucks. Shelling out $80 for 4 7" singles was tough...
knoxvle
Little Acorn

Post by knoxvle »

arewhyehen wrote:
knoxvle wrote:
You don't have to tell me dude! It sucks. Shelling out $80 for 4 7" singles was tough...
Well with popularity of TMR rising and rising and the vault getting less limited with fallling prices. Only thing keeping me subscribed is the vault store and hopes and dreams of special events for Vault Members.
Stl_ben
Tiny Elephant

Post by Stl_ben »

What was the last "vault event"? Was the Blunderbuss listening party vault exclusive?
Was the Dead Weather signing the only "Vault Event" that was exclusive and not invite only?
<Quizze> @STL_Ben youre a soulless consumer
http://www.dailyvinyl.net
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

Stl_ben wrote:What was the last "vault event"? Was the Blunderbuss listening party vault exclusive?
Was the Dead Weather signing the only "Vault Event" that was exclusive and not invite only?
The Third Anniversary Party was through the vault, so only vault members could enter the contest and then 10 winners were chosen.

I just figure if they had something extra for vault members and sold 300 tickets on the vault for a show or limited something, it would attract not only the general public like every year, but a lot more vault members would make the trip to TMR. I think right now everyone is just on the fence and waiting for an exciting announcement or not haha
dmdv1
Little Ghost

Post by dmdv1 »

Somebody need to organise a 4th Vault party. Just sayin
Never trust a hippy
bkramer10
Little Ghost

Post by bkramer10 »

dmdv1 wrote:Somebody need to organise a 4th Vault party. Just sayin
What's stopping you Dave? Plan it and we'll come