RSD 2022

Your Turntable's Not Dead
Stl_ben
Tiny Elephant

RSD 2022

Post by Stl_ben »

The odds of this getting a reply before RSD low....
But do TMR really have 0 releases or events at any of their locations for the Record Store Day this year?
<Quizze> @STL_Ben youre a soulless consumer
http://www.dailyvinyl.net
runofthemill
Little Ghost

Re: RSD 2022

Post by runofthemill »

Stl_ben wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 9:34 pm The odds of this getting a reply before RSD low....
But do TMR really have 0 releases or events at any of their locations for the Record Store Day this year?
It appears that way.
mfdoom
Little Bird

Post by mfdoom »

TMR releases a lot of music, books, and merchandise all of the time, all year round! RSD is just another day for TMR isn't it?
Stl_ben
Tiny Elephant

Post by Stl_ben »

mfdoom wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 2:19 am TMR releases a lot of music, books, and merchandise all of the time, all year round! RSD is just another day for TMR isn't it?
No historically TMR has been the Gold Standard of amazing RSD events / releases. A brief look down memory lane:
2010 - Racontwoers live at TMR, and 2 of the original soap box carts were given away to attendees.
2011 - Jerry Lee Lewis Live Concert on TMR parking lot
2012 - Liquid Filled Record
2013 - Debut of TMR recording booth to make your own record. Pop Up Gold Motel show/release.
2014 - Worlds Fastest Record
2015 - Elvis Acetate release & Live recording on the blue room stage.
2016 - Muppets 7" & bands at both Detroit & Nashville
2017 - Blue Series Book & Bob Seager 7"
2018 - 3 Records released, bands at both stores, and Rolling Record Store pop up tour.
2019 - Ichonophone returns!
2020 - Billie Eillish live LP
2021 -....pretty dead due to a full year of covid. Bobo Jenkins LP and thats it.
2022..............Secret Taylor Swift show?
mfdoom
Little Bird

Post by mfdoom »

Stl_ben wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 3:27 am
mfdoom wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 2:19 am TMR releases a lot of music, books, and merchandise all of the time, all year round! RSD is just another day for TMR isn't it?
No historically TMR has been the Gold Standard of amazing RSD events / releases. A brief look down memory lane:
2010 - Racontwoers live at TMR, and 2 of the original soap box carts were given away to attendees.
2011 - Jerry Lee Lewis Live Concert on TMR parking lot
2012 - Liquid Filled Record
2013 - Debut of TMR recording booth to make your own record. Pop Up Gold Motel show/release.
2014 - Worlds Fastest Record
2015 - Elvis Acetate release & Live recording on the blue room stage.
2016 - Muppets 7" & bands at both Detroit & Nashville
2017 - Blue Series Book & Bob Seager 7"
2018 - 3 Records released, bands at both stores, and Rolling Record Store pop up tour.
2019 - Ichonophone returns!
2020 - Billie Eillish live LP
2021 -....pretty dead due to a full year of covid. Bobo Jenkins LP and thats it.
2022..............Secret Taylor Swift show?
This is a great list, thanks for pointing all of that out. You do have a point, I wonder if perhaps they were bogged down logistically with Fear of the Dawn / Entering Heaven alive, and the 10 month waiting list to press their own records in masse?
Stl_ben
Tiny Elephant

Post by Stl_ben »

mfdoom wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 3:36 am
This is a great list, thanks for pointing all of that out. You do have a point, I wonder if perhaps they were bogged down logistically with Fear of the Dawn / Entering Heaven alive, and the 10 month waiting list to press their own records in masse?
They have their own plant....if they wanted to press something they could have it ready in 24 hours.
mfdoom
Little Bird

Post by mfdoom »

Stl_ben wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 2:47 pm
mfdoom wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 3:36 am
They have their own plant....if they wanted to press something they could have it ready in 24 hours.
You seem very passionate about this! Does anyone know if someone from TMR is on this board? Maybe we can ask them to do Ben a favor and open up the plant for RSD?
Stl_ben
Tiny Elephant

Post by Stl_ben »

I mean no one is really active here...but I believe 2 of the 3 owners of TMR have posted in here before. Blackwell for sure, I can't remember if Swank did or if that was via a proxy.
mfdoom
Little Bird

Post by mfdoom »

Stl_ben wrote: Fri Apr 22, 2022 3:16 am I mean no one is really active here...but I believe 2 of the 3 owners of TMR have posted in here before. Blackwell for sure, I can't remember if Swank did or if that was via a proxy.
Damn, can someone email TMR for Ben? I wonder what they will say.
Jamie
Little Ghost

Post by Jamie »

Interest in RSD seems to have died down significantly over the years in general. The runs of each release are much larger, the releases themselves are far less niche and they've diluted the uniqueness of the day by having multiple Record Store Day events throughout the year.
Stl_ben
Tiny Elephant

Post by Stl_ben »

Jamie wrote: Fri Apr 22, 2022 12:57 pm Interest in RSD seems to have died down significantly over the years in general. The runs of each release are much larger, the releases themselves are far less niche and they've diluted the uniqueness of the day by having multiple Record Store Day events throughout the year.
I would argue tomorrow's Taylor Swift has more interest in it than any previous RSD release ever. So much so that almost every major record store I follow is changing up how it is released due to it's demand.
mfdoom
Little Bird

Post by mfdoom »

Here you go Ben, you can get your favorite Tay Tay record and get 10% off at TMR.
1C61C26C-940C-4324-B7D0-299BD8EB321B.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
mangry
Little Ghost

Post by mangry »

Local to the Nashville area - there was no discussion of special events or releases. Sucks because TMR was the place to party on RSD for years! I didn’t even go to Grimeys or any of the other local shops this year.
Hyperbole used for effect!