Someone from TMR was on Vault Chat (was Modblast)

Your Turntable's Not Dead
anonymousbrunette
Little People

Re: Someone from TMR was on Vault Chat (was Modblast)

Post by anonymousbrunette »

Excellent editing work there Jamie, thanks.

So, it was implied that Swank asked that people not post transcripts. Does anyone know exactly what was said regarding Vault material/news? Or you could just post the transcript.
"I didn't mean to drown myself. I meant to swim till I sank - but that's not the same thing."

My ISO/FS/FT List
http://www.thiscouldgoboom.org
woodisgood
Little Ghost

Post by woodisgood »

anonymousbrunette wrote:So, it was implied that Swank asked that people not post transcripts.
He just meant about the news regarding the Vault streaming the final acoustic show. Pretty sure about that.
"I'd wish you happiness, but I know it'd be detrimental to your art."
dreamover
Little Acorn

Post by dreamover »

Jamie wrote: <Allison> Yayaya for the show tonight! <redacted>
- I understand why this could be talking about the vault stream
Jamie wrote:<Jack White> @Allison can't wait to get <redacted> finished, it could be very cool
- but this doesn't seem like it's about the vault stream. can anyone comfirm?
<Jack White> alright i'm out to feed my cats
=====================================
http://bit.ly/dreamovertl <--- my vinyl list
http://www.dreamoverrecords.com
Jamie
Little Ghost

Post by Jamie »

dreamover wrote:
Jamie wrote:<Jack White> @Allison can't wait to get <redacted> finished, it could be very cool
It was about the other aspect mentioned in the Vault post, the bit about what is coming in the next month
dreamover
Little Acorn

Post by dreamover »

Jamie wrote:
dreamover wrote:
It was about the other aspect mentioned in the Vault post, the bit about what is coming in the next month
gotcha.
<Jack White> alright i'm out to feed my cats
=====================================
http://bit.ly/dreamovertl <--- my vinyl list
http://www.dreamoverrecords.com
higherlimits
Little People

Post by higherlimits »

Why would all this be a secret? you need to be a vault member to take advantage of it so why not let people know so that they'll become members? I don't get it. It's not like they're saying "there's a secret show, don't tell anyone else about it" because in that case there would be consequences of word getting out.
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

higherlimits wrote:Why would all this be a secret? you need to be a vault member to take advantage of it so why not let people know so that they'll become members? I don't get it. It's not like they're saying "there's a secret show, don't tell anyone else about it" because in that case there would be consequences of word getting out.

yeah, I am with you there. I have seen a lot of people who are even vault members miss out on the show because it was so hush hush. I get it was posted on the main page in the vault, but I check swirl multiple times a day and the vault maybe once a week, so if I was able to read this news on here, I would have gone to check it out on the vault.
Alabama Woody
Tiny Elephant

Post by Alabama Woody »

I think it's more of a Tidal vs Vault issue. They want people to sign up for Tidal and they don't want Vault members to get pissed off. So they are walking a tight line.
So they quietly tell us we can watch and advertise publicly that tidal members can watch.
Forget what you see
And what you thought was true
It's not really me
Speaking to you

Brendan Benson

"Rock and Roll mother fuckers do you speak it?"
hawke000

"B2F1" Pug/Woody
koala
Little Acorn

Post by koala »

arewhyehen wrote:
higherlimits wrote:Why would all this be a secret? you need to be a vault member to take advantage of it so why not let people know so that they'll become members? I don't get it. It's not like they're saying "there's a secret show, don't tell anyone else about it" because in that case there would be consequences of word getting out.

yeah, I am with you there. I have seen a lot of people who are even vault members miss out on the show because it was so hush hush. I get it was posted on the main page in the vault, but I check swirl multiple times a day and the vault maybe once a week, so if I was able to read this news on here, I would have gone to check it out on the vault.
From what I read, it looks like they are asking people to not post download links to the show or share it publically and to not discuss/declare the other news as it's not official yet. They'll announce it officially so they've asked people to not say anything till they do.
If people have missed out on the live stream theb it's ok because they'll get to watch it later on-demand.
I'm just glad they thought of the small portion of members who don't have access to tidal.
They've really done a lot for the fans and especially vault members in the recent months. I don't know how they're able to afford it.
Chiefbrody
Little Bird

Post by Chiefbrody »

Sorry for being dense...

I cancelled my sub after a couple of years as I wasn't interested in the Loretta package - at least not $80 interested.

Is there one or two things been announced? I'm not asking anyone to tell me (as a non-Vault member), I'm just confused whether it's about not sharing the stream, or whether there's a further announcement, like there's going to be a new album next week, or something like that. I'm not bothered about missing a stream, but I want to know if I should be excited about something else!!
rsimms3
Tiny Elephant

Post by rsimms3 »

This whole conversation makes my head hurt. All the secrets are related to Tidal. A tidal wave of secrets. There has not been any new posts since the announcement of the stream of the Fargo show.
"The chairs are too nice, the chandeliers are too beautiful, and the popcorn is too buttery." - Jack White
"What if my problem wasn't that I don't understand people but that I don't like them?" - Louis Bloom
Chiefbrody
Little Bird

Post by Chiefbrody »

rsimms3 wrote:This whole conversation makes my head hurt. All the secrets are related to Tidal. A tidal wave of secrets. There has not been any new posts since the announcement of the stream of the Fargo show.
Thanks.
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

Y'know, if you don't want the quarterly package but do still want to keep up with special announcements and things like the very nice redacted thing we weren't supposed to talk about here, there is always the Gold subscription level for $6.66 per month.
"And the message is clear: if we want Jack White as our hero, he will entertain, but not pander. We have to accept all his flaws, whims, caprices and manias as a critical, sometimes uncomfortable, part of the contract."
rsimms3
Tiny Elephant

Post by rsimms3 »

Kali Durga wrote:Y'know, if you don't want the quarterly package but do still want to keep up with special announcements and things like the very nice redacted thing we weren't supposed to talk about here, there is always the Gold subscription level for $6.66 per month.
With Gold you also get the Vault 10% discount so it practically pays for itself.
"The chairs are too nice, the chandeliers are too beautiful, and the popcorn is too buttery." - Jack White
"What if my problem wasn't that I don't understand people but that I don't like them?" - Louis Bloom
Jamie
Little Ghost

Post by Jamie »

It's kind of ridiculous though that cancelling a membership mid-term refuses you access for the full period you've paid for. You shouldn't have to buy a second, lesser membership to cover it. TMR really should get a fix implemented.