Karen Dalton - It's so hard Original LP

Rag and bone!
flattop2001
Little Ghost

Karen Dalton - It's so hard Original LP

Post by flattop2001 »

Karen Dalton - It's so hard to tell who's going to love you the best. Capitol ST 271

I bought the reissue of this a year or so ago on a friends recommendation and it is the finest new (to me) slab of folk/blues I have heard in years (Nick Drake, Jeff Buckley, Billie Holliday fans should check her out). Dylan called her the best artist in GV when the whole folk scene exploded "voice like Billie Holliday and better guitar player than Jimmy Reed", Nick Cave cites her as an influence, Fleet foxes cover her live. How the fuck did this lady escape my radar for over 30 years...?
If anybody has, or comes across an original copy in Ex-M shape (I have a VG copy but want to upgrade) I will pay a very fair price, or give a fair TMR trade (Tri ICLAB, signed DBTD, One sided IT anybody???)
Don't believe the 60's was the golden age of pop. You glorify the past when the future dries up.
erikrodskjegg
Little Acorn

Re: Karen Dalton - It's so hard Original LP

Post by erikrodskjegg »

I'd ought to check out this gal!
Sounds great :)
ISO: viewtopic.php?f=18&t=3526
Instant karma's gonna get you.
Hamptonio
Little Ghost

Post by Hamptonio »

flattop2001 wrote:Karen Dalton - It's so hard to tell who's going to love you the best. Capitol ST 271

I bought the reissue of this a year or so ago on a friends recommendation and it is the finest new (to me) slab of folk/blues I have heard in years (Nick Drake, Jeff Buckley, Billie Holliday fans should check her out). Dylan called her the best artist in GV when the whole folk scene exploded "voice like Billie Holliday and better guitar player than Jimmy Reed", Nick Cave cites her as an influence, Fleet foxes cover her live. How the fuck did this lady escape my radar for over 30 years...?
If anybody has, or comes across an original copy in Ex-M shape (I have a VG copy but want to upgrade) I will pay a very fair price, or give a fair TMR trade (Tri ICLAB, signed DBTD, One sided IT anybody???)
Just listened to this album. You ain't kidding. Fantastic.
Thanks for the recommendation!
<JackWhite> Hamptonio: yes, and tell the lovely wife that i really love the pot pie recipe. i can't get enough LOL! anyway, let me know when you get that package of test pressings i sent you.
Bikedo
Little Ghost

Post by Bikedo »

Got to know Nick Drake through an amazing documentary about his life and music a few years ago and was blown away.
I'll give her a listen for sure.
thanks
I'd like to sleep 100 days, my feeling has gone, flesh cold and numb.
flattop2001
Little Ghost

Post by flattop2001 »

Hamptonio wrote:Just listened to this album. You ain't kidding. Fantastic.
Thanks for the recommendation!
glad you like it. Anybody else that jumps on this remember where you heard and give me a free ride if an original ever shows on eBay. ;)
Don't believe the 60's was the golden age of pop. You glorify the past when the future dries up.