jamesmonzon1 ISO OJ SXSW Variant

Rag and bone!
jamesmonzon1
Little Acorn

jamesmonzon1 ISO OJ SXSW Variant

Post by jamesmonzon1 »

I won't be able to make it to Austin for SXSW so if anyone can pick up a OJ variant for me I'll throw down $75 if it's not a tri or 150 if it's a tri. No questions asked. My loss is your gain.
Last edited by jamesmonzon1 on Fri Mar 13, 2015 4:44 am, edited 42 times in total.
"There's nothing as reverential as putting on a vinyl album and manually flipping it. You can't fast-forward. You can't pause. More than likely, you are going to let the whole thing play."-Jack White III
stoutr
Little Ghost

Re: jamesmonzon1 ISO

Post by stoutr »

pm'd
I got that deep into variants once before with a collection, please shoot me if I go there again, it will drive you crazy I promise...
But nice stuff for sure.
Grim
jamesmonzon1
Little Acorn

Post by jamesmonzon1 »

editeded and bumpeded
"There's nothing as reverential as putting on a vinyl album and manually flipping it. You can't fast-forward. You can't pause. More than likely, you are going to let the whole thing play."-Jack White III
greginchains
Little Ghost

Post by greginchains »

jamesmonzon1 wrote:So many thanks to those who helped me out with RSD. ;) So back to normal ISO's-
*Btw, what are ICLAB 12" going for right now???
In the $50+ range recently.
I only wanted to be good enough, but I'm not.
jamesmonzon1
Little Acorn

Post by jamesmonzon1 »

Pump, Dump, Jump, Hump, Lump, ...
jamesmonzon1
Little Acorn

Post by jamesmonzon1 »

jamesmonzon1
Little Acorn

Post by jamesmonzon1 »

Take the tri you know you want it... ;)
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

Good luck with this ISO. I think I talked to 10 different swirlers today about trying to get one and I was willing to pay a few hundred dollars for something they just bought for $30 but because the bay is putting up ridiculous amounts as always, I've been turned down. Either they asked a crazy amount or told me they were going to sell theirs on eBay because they want the money. Now for a community who is so against flippers and people just out there to make money off TMR releases, we sure are guilty of that ourselves. It's one thing to take your kids or spouse and get an extra for someone you know and even if you sell it for double the price or a hundred or so dollars. I get that, you've done the dirty work and are getting paid for it. That's great and you've still given the friend a great deal and got yourself a great record for free once you sold the other one. Being from Canada I've only had the chance to make it down to mi fest which I drove 8 hours for to stand in line for a icp TRI and I got an extra..I gave it away for free to a friend. Not saying everyone else has to do that but I was helping out a friend and I thought that's what everyone is here for. I was a little disgusted to see some people come on here and start asking 300 and 400$ for a record they just paid 30$ for not even 24 hours ago, the people who constantly hate flippers and eBay and others who drive TMR prices up so high. just something for all you to think about next time you complain about something like this just because theyre not a part of this forum or they are only out there to flip and make a few bucks.
As far as my offer, it still stands at $200. If I can't get one for that then fine because I'm getting sick of these prices. I'm not from Nashville or driving distance and I'm constantly paying these prices for every release and it's getting quite annoying. Personally I think TMR should just start charging $250 for a vinyl of this sort to slow down flippers a little.
greginchains
Little Ghost

Post by greginchains »

arewhyehen wrote:Good luck with this ISO. I think I talked to 10 different swirlers today about trying to get one and I was willing to pay a few hundred dollars for something they just bought for $30 but because the bay is putting up ridiculous amounts as always, I've been turned down. Either they asked a crazy amount or told me they were going to sell theirs on eBay because they want the money. Now for a community who is so against flippers and people just out there to make money off TMR releases, we sure are guilty of that ourselves. It's one thing to take your kids or spouse and get an extra for someone you know and even if you sell it for double the price or a hundred or so dollars. I get that, you've done the dirty work and are getting paid for it. That's great and you've still given the friend a great deal and got yourself a great record for free once you sold the other one. Being from Canada I've only had the chance to make it down to mi fest which I drove 8 hours for to stand in line for a icp TRI and I got an extra..I gave it away for free to a friend. Not saying everyone else has to do that but I was helping out a friend and I thought that's what everyone is here for. I was a little disgusted to see some people come on here and start asking 300 and 400$ for a record they just paid 30$ for not even 24 hours ago, the people who constantly hate flippers and eBay and others who drive TMR prices up so high. just something for all you to think about next time you complain about something like this just because theyre not a part of this forum or they are only out there to flip and make a few bucks.
As far as my offer, it still stands at $200. If I can't get one for that then fine because I'm getting sick of these prices. I'm not from Nashville or driving distance and I'm constantly paying these prices for every release and it's getting quite annoying. Personally I think TMR should just start charging $250 for a vinyl of this sort to slow down flippers a little.
Someone will eventually put up an image of someone beating a dead horse. Its known that it occurs even here, but there are circles that take care of each other whenever possible. It'd be great if you can get one for $200, so good luck, but every release prompts all the what-ifs and flippers suck, etc. Every time. But, good luck and maybe someone will come through for ya!
I only wanted to be good enough, but I'm not.
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

greginchains wrote:
arewhyehen wrote:Good luck with this ISO. I think I talked to 10 different swirlers today about trying to get one and I was willing to pay a few hundred dollars for something they just bought for $30 but because the bay is putting up ridiculous amounts as always, I've been turned down. Either they asked a crazy amount or told me they were going to sell theirs on eBay because they want the money. Now for a community who is so against flippers and people just out there to make money off TMR releases, we sure are guilty of that ourselves. It's one thing to take your kids or spouse and get an extra for someone you know and even if you sell it for double the price or a hundred or so dollars. I get that, you've done the dirty work and are getting paid for it. That's great and you've still given the friend a great deal and got yourself a great record for free once you sold the other one. Being from Canada I've only had the chance to make it down to mi fest which I drove 8 hours for to stand in line for a icp TRI and I got an extra..I gave it away for free to a friend. Not saying everyone else has to do that but I was helping out a friend and I thought that's what everyone is here for. I was a little disgusted to see some people come on here and start asking 300 and 400$ for a record they just paid 30$ for not even 24 hours ago, the people who constantly hate flippers and eBay and others who drive TMR prices up so high. just something for all you to think about next time you complain about something like this just because theyre not a part of this forum or they are only out there to flip and make a few bucks.
Someone will eventually put up an image of someone beating a dead horse. Its known that it occurs even here, but there are circles that take care of each other whenever possible. It'd be great if you can get one for $200, so good luck, but every release prompts all the what-ifs and flippers suck, etc. Every time. But, good luck and maybe someone will come through for ya!
I probably had 3 or 4 people say they would sell it to me anywhere between 150-200 before the show...after the show they were either no where to be found, raised their price, or off to the bay. I'm not saying everyone is like this, but there's been a bunch recently. Only one person really came through for me but unfortunately he wanted a trade and I just couldn't meet what he needed but I appreciate his efforts and he knows who he is.
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

The second people see what they can really sell something for, greed sets in
Moller72
Little Ghost

Post by Moller72 »

I have never been to third man records but you have to understand most people come from out of town by the time gas hotel and some other stuff it would cost me about $250 just to drive there and stay one night so really most of the people don't even get there money back and I see it as cheaper to buy off the bay then go myself.
jamesmonzon1
Little Acorn

Post by jamesmonzon1 »

For me, this is not really something I lose sleep over about. This will be the highest I will offer. I know how high I'm willing to spend/ trade on it while the seller knows what the lowest point or trade he is willing to take. If that middle ground is met, we both walk away happy. If not, better luck some other time. Whatever I/ you pay does not necessarily set the price. On eBay, there is both the chance it can sell high or it can bomb. I had a tri go for 41 w/ shipping, but I knew that was the risk of selling it on eBay. I'm sure once the prices settle there'd be good deals around, so 'm just making the offer to get it to whoever is looking to sell or may want to sell it in the future.
With all that being said-
:D
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

Moller72 wrote:
I have never been to third man records but you have to understand most people come from out of town by the time gas hotel and some other stuff it would cost me about $250 just to drive there and stay one night so really most of the people don't even get there money back and I see it as cheaper to buy off the bay then go myself.

How does the fact that you driving farther to get something dictate it's price? That has nothing to do with it. So if I drive a few cities over and buy a piece of candy and then I get home 5 hours later and my friend is like oh that's good candy can I buy it from you, I can say well I bought it for $2 but I spent 75$ on gas so just give me 77$. Not a chance in hell. Whoever drives there, it's their own choice and they can't just sell something in order to make all their money(or most) back to make it a free trip for them. If that's the case I'm going to take a day off work next time, drive 14hrs to TMR and then sell the records for $1000. Sounds fair to me because that's how much I'd be losing. I offered $200 for a $30 piece of plastic, that's 667% profit in less than a day but still that's not good enough. I don't know where else you can get that kind of profit in a day..ahem sorry, other than eBay.
kalv04
Little Acorn

Post by kalv04 »

arewhyehen wrote:
Moller72 wrote:

How does the fact that you driving farther to get something dictate it's price? That has nothing to do with it. So if I drive a few cities over and buy a piece of candy and then I get home 5 hours later and my friend is like oh that's good candy can I buy it from you, I can say well I bought it for $2 but I spent 75$ on gas so just give me 77$. Not a chance in hell. Whoever drives there, it's their own choice and they can't just sell something in order to make all their money(or most) back to make it a free trip for them. If that's the case I'm going to take a day off work next time, drive 14hrs to TMR and then sell the records for $1000. Sounds fair to me because that's how much I'd be losing. I offered $200 for a $30 piece of plastic, that's 667% profit in less than a day but still that's not good enough. I don't know where else you can get that kind of profit in a day..ahem sorry, other than eBay.
If your friend really, really wanted that candy and he could'nt get it where he lived, then he would pay what he had to......or just take his ass to the candy store and get it hisself, but he should'nt cry about it.
"Bye Snookums!" -nickboat