n/a

Looking for a home...
Kaber
Little People

n/a

Post by Kaber »

n/a
Last edited by Kaber on Sun Aug 14, 2011 5:59 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Kaber
Little People

Re: Live downloads - audio and video

Post by Kaber »

n/a
Last edited by Kaber on Sun Aug 14, 2011 5:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Kaber
Little People

n/a

Post by Kaber »

n/a
Last edited by Kaber on Sun Aug 14, 2011 6:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
trickster
Greek Mod

Post by trickster »

Thanks Chris
Dont know where to start :lol:
Please check my TMR pin/button ISO viewtopic.php?f=18&t=11426
Grimtale
Little People

Post by Grimtale »

I've got all the audio and video on the LR trading forum's White Stripes Lossless Thread. Without spending an hour comparing list, is there anything here that isn't there?
Also, If anyone wanted to ship me an USB external drive, I'll gladly fill it and ship back. Better than the 30 days I spent downloading all the content in that thread. What I have is about 250gb worth.

Oh yeah and thanks for the post! Awesome stuff.
Thanks,
-Grim
I am everything you hate...
Kaber
Little People

n/a

Post by Kaber »

n/a
Last edited by Kaber on Sun Aug 14, 2011 6:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Grimtale
Little People

Post by Grimtale »

Kaber wrote:
Grimtale wrote:I've got all the audio and video on the LR trading forum's White Stripes Lossless Thread. Without spending an hour comparing list, is there anything here that isn't there?
Also, If anyone wanted to ship me an USB external drive, I'll gladly fill it and ship back. Better than the 30 days I spent downloading all the content in that thread. What I have is about 250gb worth.

Oh yeah and thanks for the post! Awesome stuff.
Thanks,
-Grim
Same list as on LR.
There are a few more things
bring uploaded in the next few weeks.
Lists will be updated then.
Could you maybe list the ones that aren't on LR separately or flag them somehow in case there are others like me that have all that stuff. I'd pull my hair out trying to figure out the parts that are different.
Thanks man, what a list.
-Grim
I am everything you hate...
CandyCaneKid
Little Bird

Post by CandyCaneKid »

A million thanks for this! Incredibly impressive collection.

I was fortunate enough to have been at one of the very last shows, and I'm glad I have it preserved now.

Much obliged.
7th_son
Fate Accelerator

Post by 7th_son »

Grimtale wrote:Also, If anyone wanted to ship me an USB external drive, I'll gladly fill it and ship back. Better than the 30 days I spent downloading all the content in that thread. What I have is about 250gb worth.
That's a nice and efficient offer Grim, I might take you up on that. Might need to buy a new external first dedicated to this though! :lol: My current one is 320GB, but it's loaded with ipod libraries and movies.

AND cheers Chris, great list!!
harvestgirl
spinning top mama

Post by harvestgirl »

i have something in my WS files that says DO NOT SHARE ~ i guess i should watch/listen & see exactly what it is :lol:
"Doodled on your Milwaukee 03 as well (white flowers, cups of coffee, and love letters)"
FaytLJake
Little Acorn

Post by FaytLJake »

If it's Nobody Knows How To Talk To Children...... :o
St.Andrew on the Little Room
IamFrank007
Little Acorn

Post by IamFrank007 »

I must be stupid. I can't figure out how to watch or listen to these files.. Some help for a dumb ass would be good.........
Frank is a funkasaurus rex......................
FaytLJake
Little Acorn

Post by FaytLJake »

Yeah, I'm unable to download or access them as well. :|
St.Andrew on the Little Room
littleacorn
Little Ghost

Post by littleacorn »

i had no idea they played in champaign before! It would be great if they went back to playing small joints like that.
"Jack White shreds like a man who met the devil at the crossroads and punched him in the nuts"
CandyCaneKid
Little Bird

Post by CandyCaneKid »

For those who are struggling:

1. All the files are uploaded to storage site called File Factory. Click on the link that corresponds to the show/video/compilation that you want to download. This link will take you to a File Factory page that will inundate you with advertising. Ignore the ads. I'm assuming you don't have, nor do you want a premium account, so simply scroll down toward the very end of the page. You should find a button the reads "Download Now with File Factory Basic." Click the link, and follow it to another page where you will once again scroll down. A timer will countdown, and eventually you will be provided a link to actually download the file.

*please note - if you don't have a premium account, there are limits on how much and how often you can download. Additionally, there is only so much free download space allocated for a given file/server. So you may have to be patient, try often, and perhaps have to hope that the file will be re-uploaded.

2. Once you have it downloaded, your work isn't done. The file you have downloaded is compressed, and you will need to unzip (decompress) it. There are a number of programs that can do this. You may already have something installed on your computer that can do it. Right click the RAR file and look for an "Extract" option. Remember where you extract the files. If you have the option, use "Extract Here," so that the files will unpack in the same folder.

If you don't have a program that will unzip RAR files, there are plenty of free ones on the internet. I use 7-zip. It is easy to install and use. Link: http://www.7-zip.org/

3. Time to track down the files you just extracted. When you locate them, you will notice they likely aren't mp3s (assuming we are talking about audio, not video). Most live shows are recorded and uploaded in a format known as FLAC. Don't worry about what it is, just know that it is the format that most tapers use. Many media players do no support playback of FLAC files. You have two options. Either: a) Find a media player that does; or b) convert the files into a format you can play (which you will want to do anyway if you plan on burning these songs to a CD or uploading them to your iPod/mp3 player).

a) There are lots of media players out there that will play FLACs. I'm using VLC Media Player right now. Once again, you can find this program for free on the internet. It is very simplistic, nothing flashy, but it should play your FLACs without a problem. Link: http://www.videolan.org/vlc/

b) You need a program to convert these files into your preferred format (probably mp3). I have heard that you can use Windows Media Player to get the job done, but I've never tried this method. In the past, I have used 'Switch.'
Switch is easy enough to use. Add the FLAC files, select output format and folder, and let it do its work.
Link: http://www.nch.com.au/switch/

4. Rock Out

I hope this made sense to those of you who needed help.

*note: my software advice is for PC users, but I believe there is a version of Switch for the Mac as well.