Autograph Help.

Everything in Stripes
josephodonnell
Little Acorn

Autograph Help.

Post by josephodonnell »

Couldn't find a thread if there is one so just created a new one...

Can anyone help me with this? 'White' looks spot on but 'Jack' looks iffy (icky?).

Any help/guidance appreciated (on price too)!

Apparently came 'from one of the UK promoters road manager'. The will give a COA with it.

Cheers,
Joseph
FUCK
FASHION
LETS
SMOKE
MENTHOLS
Jamie
Little Ghost

Re: Autograph Help.

Post by Jamie »

Looks a bit off to me but it's really hard to say since you don't know if he was rushed when signing it or whatever. COAs aren't worth the paper they're printed on unless it's from Third Man directly or something.
Bikedo
Little Ghost

Post by Bikedo »

Not sure if this helps but if I we're to fake Jack's sig I would definitely
make something that resembles a "K" and probably throw in a Meg one as well.
This sig looks ok by me.
COA's mean shit......
I'd like to sleep 100 days, my feeling has gone, flesh cold and numb.
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

I would say that it is real. I compared it to some sigs I have of his that are real and all the motions are the same for each letter. For the K it looks like he makes a line down vertically and then swoops back up and to the right, and then back down in a "<" motion to complete the K. All done in one motion so it varies a lot when looking at his signatures. Even the two I have are different..
Jack.jpg
The one thing that I noticed though was that the A and C are off a bit. normally he comes across from the A and forms the C...

but in the end....you can only know if its real or not by seeing him sign it yourself..
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
josephodonnell
Little Acorn

Post by josephodonnell »

Bikedo wrote:Not sure if this helps but if I we're to fake Jack's sig I would definitely
make something that resembles a "K" and probably throw in a Meg one as well.
This sig looks ok by me.
COA's mean shit......
arewhyehen wrote:I would say that it is real. I compared it to some sigs I have of his that are real and all the motions are the same for each letter. For the K it looks like he makes a line down vertically and then swoops back up and to the right, and then back down in a "<" motion to complete the K. All done in one motion so it varies a lot when looking at his signatures. Even the two I have are different..
Jack.jpg
The one thing that I noticed though was that the A and C are off a bit. normally he comes across from the A and forms the C...

but in the end....you can only know if its real or not by seeing him sign it yourself..
What kind of value would you put on it? It's on a regular UK first press of Elephant.
FUCK
FASHION
LETS
SMOKE
MENTHOLS
anonymousbrunette
Little People

Post by anonymousbrunette »

arewhyehen wrote: but in the end....you can only know if its real or not by seeing him sign it yourself..
There's the only true value. Actually autographs never meant that much to me. Never thought to ask for one the two times I shook his hand. The only autographs I had of Jack & Meg's (UGWNL screening photo contest) I gave away. Come to find my better half feels differently about them. :oops:

But I always hope when someone pays a premium for something autographed that it's legit. All the best.
"I didn't mean to drown myself. I meant to swim till I sank - but that's not the same thing."

My ISO/FS/FT List
http://www.thiscouldgoboom.org
Alabama Woody
Tiny Elephant

Post by Alabama Woody »

Ara, I still have and covet the DVD you donated to the raffle.
That's what made me an official Swirler !! I have paid it forward since, I still think it was one of the more memorable nights of my life !!! Incredible that you donated it !!! Don't feel bad about it because every time I look at it, it reminds me of you. My son will inherit it someday, he loves it as well . Thank you from the bottom of my heart !!!
Forget what you see
And what you thought was true
It's not really me
Speaking to you

Brendan Benson

"Rock and Roll mother fuckers do you speak it?"
hawke000

"B2F1" Pug/Woody
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

josephodonnell wrote: What kind of value would you put on it? It's on a regular UK first press of Elephant.
Whatever someone is willing to pay...hah
Moller72
Little Ghost

Post by Moller72 »

It looks kind of fake to me every autograph that I have seen him do the h and I connect together along with the a and c.
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

Moller72 wrote:It looks kind of fake to me every autograph that I have seen him do the h and I connect together along with the a and c.
Ya, it's so tough really. So many things come in to play. Like was it on a table where he got a decent angle to sign and took his time or was it being held in someones hand where he scribbled it on quickly?
Jettkoral
Little People

Post by Jettkoral »

Fake
josephodonnell
Little Acorn

Post by josephodonnell »

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1391878350.072051.jpg
Produced in a rush or totally, totally fake?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
FUCK
FASHION
LETS
SMOKE
MENTHOLS
Jettkoral
Little People

Post by Jettkoral »

Tota fake. Haha
josephodonnell
Little Acorn

Post by josephodonnell »

???
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1400761399.255885.jpg
FUCK
FASHION
LETS
SMOKE
MENTHOLS