Your top 10 TWS live shows

Everything in Stripes
jrfhoutx
Flipper

Post by jrfhoutx »

I love recordings of live shows, and for a long time I traded and collected live recordings of my favorite band, the Grateful Dead. When I started collecting I would ask the other person what their favorite shows were, and then from that list I would take off whatever shows I already and send out my B&P for whatever was left on their list. It gave me a nice eclectic mix of different periods of live Dead, and some great shows I may not have picked out myself. Ask any Deadhead what the 10 best Dead shows are, and aside from Barton Hall '77, you'll get a different answer from each of them.

Not too long ago I got a new to me cassette deck an have been enjoying some of those old tapes I have, re-recording some of the ones that don't sound that great (thank god for Archive.org :) ). Now that I'm enjoying the nostalgic experience of putting some live shows on tape, I wanted to start in on some live White Stripes stuff (I know the thought of recording lossless shows to cassette tape sounds crazy), but while they don't have 30 years if tours to sift through, there is still quite a bit out there, and I have no idea where to start.

So I'm opening the floor to suggestions, we have the first and last shows (and soon one in the middle). So, lets hear it (and keep it down to 5 or 10 shows), what are your top Stripes shows?

Oh, and I have Glastonbury '05, Houston '01, New Jersey '02, and Bowery '02...
"They were a garage band on Sympathy?! Who knew?" -- EVM
ISO/FS/FT
FLANAGAN, YARRGH!!!
Douchebag Thief
dylnfan
Little Ghost

Post by dylnfan »

jrfhoutx wrote:I love recordings of live shows, and for a long time I traded and collected live recordings of my favorite band, the Grateful Dead. When I started collecting I would ask the other person what their favorite shows were, and then from that list I would take off whatever shows I already and send out my B&P for whatever was left on their list. It gave me a nice eclectic mix of different periods of live Dead, and some great shows I may not have picked out myself. Ask any Deadhead what the 10 best Dead shows are, and aside from Barton Hall '77, you'll get a different answer from each of them.

Not too long ago I got a new to me cassette deck an have been enjoying some of those old tapes I have, re-recording some of the ones that don't sound that great (thank god for Archive.org :) ). Now that I'm enjoying the nostalgic experience of putting some live shows on tape, I wanted to start in on some live White Stripes stuff (I know the thought of recording lossless shows to cassette tape sounds crazy), but while they don't have 30 years if tours to sift through, there is still quite a bit out there, and I have no idea where to start.

So I'm opening the floor to suggestions, we have the first and last shows (and soon one in the middle). So, lets hear it (and keep it down to 5 or 10 shows), what are your top Stripes shows?

Oh, and I have Glastonbury '05, Houston '01, New Jersey '02, and Bowery '02...
B&P. Those were the days. :-)
"I haven't told him, but I'm adding him to my movement to bring nice back. Because nice is the coolest, most punk thing ever."

- Cmelo
jrfhoutx
Flipper

Re: Your top 10 TWS live shows

Post by jrfhoutx »

dylnfan wrote:
Yep back when building a boot collection took way more time and effort :D
ISO/FS/FT
FLANAGAN, YARRGH!!!
Douchebag Thief
dylnfan
Little Ghost

Post by dylnfan »

jrfhoutx wrote:
dylnfan wrote:
Yep back when building a boot collection took way more time and effort :D
Amen brother!
"I haven't told him, but I'm adding him to my movement to bring nice back. Because nice is the coolest, most punk thing ever."

- Cmelo
jrfhoutx
Flipper

Post by jrfhoutx »

No one has a list of their favorite live performances?
ISO/FS/FT
FLANAGAN, YARRGH!!!
Douchebag Thief
flattop2001
Little Ghost

Post by flattop2001 »

jrfhoutx wrote:No one has a list of their favorite live performances?
That's like asking who is your favorite child. I think most people's favorites are ones they attended. Mine are first night Boston 2005 and Wallingford 2007 short but oh so sweet, been looking for decent recordings ever since. I have all the other shows I attended in good quality but these two seem to have not been recorded in decent quality.
Don't believe the 60's was the golden age of pop. You glorify the past when the future dries up.
bkramer10
Little Ghost

Post by bkramer10 »

jrfhoutx wrote:No one has a list of their favorite live performances?
Dont really have a favorite, but Masonic Temple 10/2/2005 has a unknown jam in it which is cool. Can't remember the debate on it though (some thought it was another version of cannon i think)

If you are looking for downloads the little room has a bunch in lossless http://littleroom.whitestripes.net/inde ... 079&page=1
Bikedo
Little Ghost

Post by Bikedo »

Detroit Institute..... '01
Melkweg '01
Nighttown '02
Berlin '03
Paradiso '03
Las Vegas '03
Pukkelpop '04
Heineken Music Hall '05
Glace Bay '07
And the some more......
I'd like to sleep 100 days, my feeling has gone, flesh cold and numb.
Getbacktogether
Little Acorn

Post by Getbacktogether »

Loved the 10th Year anniversary Show. Houston 2001 and i catch myselve going back to the BBC show every now and then short but damn good.