Little People

Re: Nobody Knows How To Talk To Children

Post by shaneoftheroad »

We cannot.
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

There's this back alley in Detroit, see, and this guy with three gold teeth named Big Tony, see... And you have to bring cash, lots of cash, unmarked $1 bills in bundles of 30... And you have to introduce him to your sister... Then... just maybe... he'll give you the name of a guy who knows a guy who knows another guy who might give you a copy.
"And the message is clear: if we want Jack White as our hero, he will entertain, but not pander. We have to accept all his flaws, whims, caprices and manias as a critical, sometimes uncomfortable, part of the contract."
greginchains
Little Ghost

Post by greginchains »

Kali Durga wrote:There's this back alley in Detroit, see, and this guy with three gold teeth named Big Tony, see... And you have to bring cash, lots of cash, unmarked $1 bills in bundles of 30... And you have to introduce him to your sister... Then... just maybe... he'll give you the name of a guy who knows a guy who knows another guy who might give you a copy.
Well, at least it's gotten easier over the years to acquire.
I only wanted to be good enough, but I'm not.
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

greginchains wrote:
Kali Durga wrote:There's this back alley in Detroit, see, and this guy with three gold teeth named Big Tony, see... And you have to bring cash, lots of cash, unmarked $1 bills in bundles of 30... And you have to introduce him to your sister... Then... just maybe... he'll give you the name of a guy who knows a guy who knows another guy who might give you a copy.
Well, at least it's gotten easier over the years to acquire.
Thanks to your sister for leaking it on YouTube after she went out with Big Tony. Reduced the demand somewhat.
"And the message is clear: if we want Jack White as our hero, he will entertain, but not pander. We have to accept all his flaws, whims, caprices and manias as a critical, sometimes uncomfortable, part of the contract."
theeradicaleclectic
Little Ghost

Post by theeradicaleclectic »

its not that you cant find it nor would you be at a loss for asking yourself for why you kept watching once you realized just how terrible the footage and sound quality were... most likely you would forget that you had made the effort given what you found once you went to all that trouble ...

forget Big Tony... its Big Brother you gotta sweat as far as i can tell and uh... sorry 'bout your sister but thats how things go when you hang with folks who give you bad directions
The clock in the kitchen says 2:55..... And the clock in the kitchen is slow
shaneoftheroad
Little People

Post by shaneoftheroad »

If I had seen the doc (and I'm not saying I have, mind you) I'd say it's mostly horrible video and audio quality with moments of stripped down magic. And when I say "moments" I mean two or three little bits where you see the Stripes as candidly as ever. Of course, I'm just guessing.
theeradicaleclectic
Little Ghost

ring around the rosie... methinks there is some posey when it comes to a simple series of videos that are not worth whatever hours someone put in to deal with it or watch it... so why all the bush beating anyways?? people people... we got to get over before we go under... fans need to understand

Jack knows how to talk to children and we saw that in the New Zealand video that was released in a recent vault release... Jack doesnt want to endorse really really really terrible videography in his name and i dont blame him
shaneoftheroad
Little People

Post by shaneoftheroad »

theeradicaleclectic wrote:Jack doesnt want to endorse really really really terrible videography in his name and i dont blame him
If I'd seen it I'd say it really is the worst videography I've ever seen in my life. Like they turned on the "ghosting" effect and the black and white function in a Sony Handycam and never turned them off.
theeradicaleclectic
Little Ghost

um... ok... if you had seen it somewhere that was easy to access that millions of people access a day then maybe you might wonder if you were watching something which was an adapted version... i can honestly say that i cannot vouch for the intentions or the quality of whatever original form or whichever documentarian had put all this in motion... soooooo

good luck
wayfaringshaman
Little Bird

Post by wayfaringshaman »

Hey, guys. I know this thread is old, but I'm sort of new here. I've been a long time White Stripes fan, and I've spent much of that time looking for 'Nobody Knows How To Talk To Children', too. I couldn't find it anywhere on the internet. Until recently. But, the thing is, I forgot to save the link where I got it from, I can't find it anywhere in my history. But, I'd be happy to send it to anyone interested. I'd be happy to help out a fellow CCC. :)

And, yes, you guys are correct, it is the worst videography I'd ever seen in my life, the audio is terrible, too. The editing was poor, and the effects didn't look that good, either. But, well, it's still The White Stripes. It's probably the only hour long footage of really early White Stripes we're gonna get. And, I think the drunk Jack and Meg scenes are really worth it. It's definitely worth it. Especially for you hardcore fans out there, like me.

Anyone interested, tell me. And, I'd be happy to send it to you.
Jimmy the Exploder
Little Bird

Post by Jimmy the Exploder »

Here is the complete documentary: http://youtu.be/3yPbopEeyA8
higherlimits
Little People

Post by higherlimits »

can someone teach me how to download that before it gets taken down?
crimpies
Little Acorn

Post by crimpies »

carlena777
Little Bird

Post by carlena777 »