Tales from the road

Everything in Stripes
csbanta
Little Acorn

Re: Tales from the road

Post by csbanta »

I just now read through all of this the first time. This stuff is amazing an really envokes some serious emotion. Truly cool and I wish you only the best sir. These stories not only help pass the time during tutoring, but are almost tear jerking. Much love swirl world
flattop2001
Little Ghost

Post by flattop2001 »

I think this guy is on the end of the V13 DVD where LGJ gets the birthday cake. Can thetimebeing confirm?
Don't believe the 60's was the golden age of pop. You glorify the past when the future dries up.
7th_son
Fate Accelerator

Post by 7th_son »

flattop2001 wrote:I think this guy is on the end of the V13 DVD where LGJ gets the birthday cake. Can thetimebeing confirm?

LGJ is on this thing? I gotta get to watchin...
flattop2001
Little Ghost

Post by flattop2001 »

7th_son wrote:
flattop2001 wrote:I think this guy is on the end of the V13 DVD where LGJ gets the birthday cake. Can thetimebeing confirm?

LGJ is on this thing? I gotta get to watchin...
You really should. The look on Megs face when Jack starts to play "wasting my time" is worth the $60 on its own.
Don't believe the 60's was the golden age of pop. You glorify the past when the future dries up.
theeradicaleclectic
Little Ghost

Post by theeradicaleclectic »

thanks a bunch for all you have shared TTB... its beyond any sort of trivial commentary so i really just want to say thanks at this point and appreciate all of it a little at a time... great stuff
The clock in the kitchen says 2:55..... And the clock in the kitchen is slow
woodisgood
Little Ghost

Post by woodisgood »

I fear this is a mighty mighty embarrassing question for me to ask, considering my love of the White Stripes . . . but . . . what is the V13 DVD? I've been trying to find the answer on my own, to no avail . . . :oops:
"I'd wish you happiness, but I know it'd be detrimental to your art."
love_islander
Little People

Post by love_islander »

woodisgood wrote:
I fear this is a mighty mighty embarrassing question for me to ask, considering my love of the White Stripes . . . but . . . what is the V13 DVD? I've been trying to find the answer on my own, to no avail . . . :oops:
perhaps this is the vault 12 dvd?
flattop2001
Little Ghost

Post by flattop2001 »

Don't be embarrassed at all my bad V12. (vault 12) :oops:
woodisgood wrote:
woodisgood
Little Ghost

Post by woodisgood »

Ahhhhh . . . now it all makes sense! Thanks!
"I'd wish you happiness, but I know it'd be detrimental to your art."
TheTimeBeing
Little Bird

Post by TheTimeBeing »

I'm guessing you mean V12 DVD.. I don't know. I've never seen that footage.. got on board the Vault for #13.
I definitely remember LGJ being around with The WS that first NZ 2000 tour
hsp88
Little Ghost

Post by hsp88 »

TheTimeBeing wrote:
I'm guessing you mean V12 DVD.. I don't know. I've never seen that footage.. got on board the Vault for #13.
i dont rip them but there has got to be someone on here who does who can get you a copy to see if your in it lol
flattop2001
Little Ghost

Post by flattop2001 »

TheTimeBeing wrote:
Yes Jack, Meg & I think you take a cake out to LGJ on the steps of Auckland library. You(?) and John seem more interested in the pizza than cake. Meg cuts it with a huge knife. They say your(?) name a few times if you PM it I will confirm if its you.
nrssab
Little Acorn

Post by nrssab »

Thank you TheTimeBeing, thank you so much for sharing your stories. I just read threw this thread and loved it, I'm glad I could read it all at once. :D

Sharing these stories and the personal polaroids is, as said before, priceless!

Thank you!

Edit: One question to you TheTimeBeing, you mentioned that you play in a Band and that you'd liked to have jumped in on the Rhodes during the concerts. So do you play Keyboard in your band or some other instrument?
"If you can hear a piano fall, you can hear me coming down the hall".
TheTimeBeing
Little Bird

Post by TheTimeBeing »

nrssab wrote:Thank you TheTimeBeing, thank you so much for sharing your stories. I just read threw this thread and loved it, I'm glad I could read it all at once. :D

Thank you!

Edit: One question to you TheTimeBeing, you mentioned that you play in a Band and that you'd liked to have jumped in on the Rhodes during the concerts. So do you play Keyboard in your band or some other instrument?
You're welcome. I used to play keys in a couple of bands - The Rainy Days, and Shaft in the late 90s, early 00s.
Now I play bass in The Bloody Souls - http://www.facebook.com/pages/BLOODY-SOULS/57300875732
Guitar in Blacksmoke - http://www.facebook.com/blacksmokerules
and usually most instruments in the The Time Beings - http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Time- ... 0782580779
nrssab
Little Acorn

Post by nrssab »

TheTimeBeing wrote:
nrssab wrote:Thank you TheTimeBeing, thank you so much for sharing your stories. I just read threw this thread and loved it, I'm glad I could read it all at once. :D

Thank you!

You're welcome. I used to play keys in a couple of bands - The Rainy Days, and Shaft in the late 90s, early 00s.
Now I play bass in The Bloody Souls - http://www.facebook.com/pages/BLOODY-SOULS/57300875732
Guitar in Blacksmoke - http://www.facebook.com/blacksmokerules
and usually most instruments in the The Time Beings - http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Time- ... 0782580779
I checked some youtube videos of the bands you play in, cool stuff! Thanks for sharing.
Have you ever had the chance to make some music with Jack?
"If you can hear a piano fall, you can hear me coming down the hall".