Tales from the road

Everything in Stripes
gdm
Little Acorn

Re: Tales from the road

Post by gdm »

This interview was the first time I ever laid eyes on Jack and Meg. A little late to the party I know. It is from the 2002 Toronto show that was mentioned. The quality is not the best, it might in fact be the worst. Enjoy!

TheTimeBeing
Little Bird

Post by TheTimeBeing »

love_islander wrote:So aside from sharing cool WS stories (which you shouldn't stop ever!), what are you hanging around here for? Aiming to build up a collection of something?
I'm not particularly aiming to build up a collection. I guess the obsessive compulsive attention to detail here is a bit of a guilty pleasure. And it seems a good place to stay up to date with TMR and JW.
love_islander
Little People

Post by love_islander »

TheTimeBeing wrote:
love_islander wrote:So aside from sharing cool WS stories (which you shouldn't stop ever!), what are you hanging around here for? Aiming to build up a collection of something?
I'm not particularly aiming to build up a collection. I guess the obsessive compulsive attention to detail here is a bit of a guilty pleasure. And it seems a good place to stay up to date with TMR and JW.
you've nailed it - the obsessive compulsives do indeed hang out here. If you're ready for hard core, you'll make it
shaneoftheroad
Little People

Post by shaneoftheroad »

love_islander wrote:you've nailed it - the obsessive compulsives do indeed hang out here. If you're ready for hard core, you'll make it
Uh huh.
hawke000

Post by hawke000 »

i took a wrong turn about 10 miles back and never left.
roxxan23
Little Cream Soda

Post by roxxan23 »

Loving this photo! And nice stories!
harvestgirl
spinning top mama

Post by harvestgirl »

:shock:
"Doodled on your Milwaukee 03 as well (white flowers, cups of coffee, and love letters)"
chane6
Little Bird

Post by chane6 »

this is just blowing me away...
TheTimeBeing
Little Bird

Post by TheTimeBeing »

It looks like I'll have to subscribe to the Vault shenanigans, so I can get my hands on the Under NZ Lights DVD. I guess that answers the question of whether there was a film of the kids school gig. Stoked that the Kings Arms 2000 show was filmed.
hawke000

Post by hawke000 »

TheTimeBeing wrote:It looks like I'll have to subscribe to the Vault shenanigans, so I can get my hands on the Under NZ Lights DVD. I guess that answers the question of whether there was a film of the kids school gig. Stoked that the Kings Arms 2000 show was filmed.
I have a feeling you coming out of the woodwork made it happen. Thank you very much sir.
hsp88
Little Ghost

Post by hsp88 »

TheTimeBeing wrote:It looks like I'll have to subscribe to the Vault shenanigans, so I can get my hands on the Under NZ Lights DVD. I guess that answers the question of whether there was a film of the kids school gig. Stoked that the Kings Arms 2000 show was filmed.
the first thing i thought about when i read the new vault release was your story of that show
DasaniYoni

Post by DasaniYoni »

The timing of your stories and The Vault package was perfect. You should join!
hellosmith
Little Acorn

Post by hellosmith »

Just found and read this thread.
My god.
Every now and then, when I think I am finally over being miserable about the Stripes being over, something else comes around and reminds me that I just fucking missed it, and then I am all swoony-misery again!
Still, thank you thank you thank you for sharing that roller coaster with us. These photos and stories are beyond brilliant and completely inspiring, I am so excited to be able to read them.
~༼✷ɷ✷༽~
love_islander
Little People

Post by love_islander »

hellosmith wrote:Just found and read this thread.
My god.
Every now and then, when I think I am finally over being miserable about the Stripes being over, something else comes around and reminds me that I just fucking missed it, and then I am all swoony-misery again!
Still, thank you thank you thank you for sharing that roller coaster with us. These photos and stories are beyond brilliant and completely inspiring, I am so excited to be able to read them.
You're telling me - it makes me sad to think there's no more. I was going to bump this thread though for the hell of it because the story is so awesome
hxcoliver
Little Acorn

Post by hxcoliver »

I JUST read through this entire thread. Incredible stuff. The photos are awesome. If you find more I would love to see them. You were using a type 100 camera?