White Stripes;Hipsters

Everything in Stripes
Jettkoral
Little People

White Stripes;Hipsters

Post by Jettkoral »

What do you think about the Charly Rose interview? Alot of my friends liked the Stripes when Icky Thump came out, and the interest waned. I strongly believe Jack's 'Hipster' comment, that "The crowds we played for in the fan...the hipsters are very fickle; not loyal fans. If it's not hip to them to them, you won't see them again on tour." I'm sure every one of us would buy a new Stripes album even if it was instrumental. Experimental, off the radar, you know.
Last edited by Jettkoral on Sun Feb 19, 2012 4:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jrfhoutx
Flipper

Re: White Stripes;Hipsters

Post by jrfhoutx »

Jettkoral wrote:What do you think about the Charly Rose interview?

wait, that 6 year old interview? at this point who cares? aside from the fact that dirty hipsters are still around what's the relevance? the world has moved on, join it...

Alot of my friends liked the Stripes when Icky Thump came out, and the innocence waded off. I strongly believe Jack's 'Hipster' comment, that "The crowds we played for in the fan...the hipsters are very fickle; not loyal fans. If it's not hip to them to them, you won't see them again on tour."

I assume the first comment was in reference to the second comment, and that when you say "innocence waded off" you mean that their interest waned. You don't have to believe the comment about hipsters, it's true whether you believe it or not, they're fickle bastards who only like 'cool stuff' as long as it's not 'mainstream' and liking it can make them feel elitist. Hipsters suck, and so does most of the crap that they like and think is awesome (just look at Lana Del Rey).

I'm sure every one of us would buy a new Stripes album even if it was instrumental. Experimental, off the radar, you know.

Uhh, yeah, we all would... good luck with getting that one to actually happen... instrumental? experimental? off the radar? no, I don't know... an experimental, off the radar, instrumental Stripes album? would be a novelty album. Without Meg? It wouldn't be the White Stripes...
"They were a garage band on Sympathy?! Who knew?" -- EVM
ISO/FS/FT
FLANAGAN, YARRGH!!!
Douchebag Thief
Jettkoral
Little People

Post by Jettkoral »

Why not with Meg?
gdm
Little Acorn

Post by gdm »

Jettkoral
Little People

Post by Jettkoral »

There will be a reunion. Maybe in another 20 years. Who knows? Why question this?
anonymousbrunette
Little People

Post by anonymousbrunette »

So you say you write for a living?
"I didn't mean to drown myself. I meant to swim till I sank - but that's not the same thing."

My ISO/FS/FT List
http://www.thiscouldgoboom.org
Jettkoral
Little People

Post by Jettkoral »

Yes.
flattop2001
Little Ghost

Post by flattop2001 »

I hope you have a good proof reader.
Don't believe the 60's was the golden age of pop. You glorify the past when the future dries up.
flattop2001
Little Ghost

Post by flattop2001 »

Jettkoral wrote:I'm sure every one of us would buy a new Stripes album even if it was instrumental. Experimental, off the radar, you know.
You mean like the aluminium LP? Yes i bought it and it was not a pleasant experience.
Don't believe the 60's was the golden age of pop. You glorify the past when the future dries up.
Jettkoral
Little People

Post by Jettkoral »

Shut up.
rsimms3
Tiny Elephant

Post by rsimms3 »

Jettkoral wrote:Shut up.
Um.....excuse me? Railing to be the third of three?
"The chairs are too nice, the chandeliers are too beautiful, and the popcorn is too buttery." - Jack White
"What if my problem wasn't that I don't understand people but that I don't like them?" - Louis Bloom
mojoryan
Little People

Post by mojoryan »

rsimms3 wrote:
Jettkoral wrote:Shut up.
Um.....excuse me? Railing to be the third of three?
...it's the magic number.
"I might not be perfect but I'm me to the bone"~ Seasick Steve
...words to live by.
"This steepen guy grinds my gears."~stl_ben
imo, it's all a result of the modern record collectors association with commodity fetishism~dcmak5
jrfhoutx
Flipper

Post by jrfhoutx »

Jettkoral wrote:There will be a reunion. Maybe in another 20 years. Who knows? Why question this?
First, I doubt it. Second, Oh, I don't know maybe because saying there will be a reunion is pure speculation based on your own personal desire to have them back as a band; whereas TWS being broken up is current fact. Besides the bands that get back together in 20 years are usually those that do absolutely nothing in those 20 years and are looking for another run i the spotlight or are in need of the cash. I don't see Jack stepping out of the spotlight, I don't see Meg wanting to get back in it, and I don't see either one of them hurting for cash in the future...
"They were a garage band on Sympathy?! Who knew?" -- EVM
ISO/FS/FT
FLANAGAN, YARRGH!!!
Douchebag Thief
Stl_ben
Tiny Elephant

Post by Stl_ben »

If there is one thing I have learned in the last 3 months is if you are 13 you must be the top expert on all things Jack, so there is no need to argue facts.
If it has been spoken by a 13 year old its as good as fact.
<Quizze> @STL_Ben youre a soulless consumer
http://www.dailyvinyl.net
Aquamarine
Little Ghost

Post by Aquamarine »

I'm getting a great mental image from "the innocence waded off."