Jack's Pedal Board

Everything in Stripes
Arran_Ramone
Little Cream Soda

Re: Jack's Pedal Board

Post by Arran_Ramone »

If anyone is interested in Raconteurs era pedals... ;)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
mojoryan
Little People

Post by mojoryan »

Arran_Ramone wrote:If anyone is interested in Raconteurs era pedals... ;)
:o
Holy effing HELL! All copper! Sweet baby jeebus! It's beautiful!
"I might not be perfect but I'm me to the bone"~ Seasick Steve
...words to live by.
"This steepen guy grinds my gears."~stl_ben
imo, it's all a result of the modern record collectors association with commodity fetishism~dcmak5
flattop2001
Little Ghost

Post by flattop2001 »

A ST Cd in the corner, its little things like this that make me think Jack misses the Stripes as much as anybody :(
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Don't believe the 60's was the golden age of pop. You glorify the past when the future dries up.
aaronmchidester
Little Bird

Post by aaronmchidester »

Hey folks! I've been trying to figure this out for a while now. On Blunderbuss, during the song Take Me With You When Tou Go, there's a piano descent and then Jack's guitar kicks in with heavy fuzz, about the middle of the song. When he played it live, it had another effect with the fuzz. Made it sound like a flanger or a wah or some feature of the whammy I'm not familiar with. Can anyone help me identify it? It's at 46:42 in this video:

http://youtu.be/Z8QKk-Cn_5E[/youtube]
"It's safe to say somebody out there's got a problem with almost anything you'll do."
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

aaronmchidester wrote:Hey folks! I've been trying to figure this out for a while now. On Blunderbuss, during the song Take Me With You When Tou Go, there's a piano descent and then Jack's guitar kicks in with heavy fuzz, about the middle of the song. When he played it live, it had another effect with the fuzz. Made it sound like a flanger or a wah or some feature of the whammy I'm not familiar with. Can anyone help me identify it? It's at 46:42 in this video:

fixed
aaronmchidester
Little Bird

Post by aaronmchidester »

arewhyehen wrote: fixed
Thanks! I never remember how to do that.
"It's safe to say somebody out there's got a problem with almost anything you'll do."
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

aaronmchidester wrote:
arewhyehen wrote: fixed
Thanks! I never remember how to do that.
just all the letters after v= you dont needs the whole http://www.youtube.com/..... link. just the random letters
JimmyLaverty
Little Bird

Post by JimmyLaverty »

aaronmchidester wrote:Hey folks! I've been trying to figure this out for a while now. On Blunderbuss, during the song Take Me With You When Tou Go, there's a piano descent and then Jack's guitar kicks in with heavy fuzz, about the middle of the song. When he played it live, it had another effect with the fuzz. Made it sound like a flanger or a wah or some feature of the whammy I'm not familiar with. Can anyone help me identify it? It's at 46:42 in this video:

i'd say that's probably an EHX nano bass balls pal
Get me the Becktionary, the rhyming Becktionary!
josephodonnell
Little Acorn

Post by josephodonnell »

JimmyLaverty wrote:

i'd say that's probably an EHX nano bass balls pal
Agreed. The same sound is used in Sixteen Saltines during the 'who's jealous' part. You can get a pretty similar sound using a DocQ (also EHX).
FUCK
FASHION
LETS
SMOKE
MENTHOLS
shaneoftheroad
Little People

Post by shaneoftheroad »

I own an EHX Bassballs and it's definitely in the mix there. Doesn't sound like it's in there alone though. Possibly Bassballs mixed with Big Muff and an octave generator.
josephodonnell
Little Acorn

Post by josephodonnell »

Got a pretty good sound from a Fuzz Factory...

---

Was in the mood to record a guitar cover this morning and started to jam out Lazaretto. Sorry some bits go off, everything I just played by ear and the solo is just improvised. First take recording, lemme know what you think!

Whammy, Fuzz Factory, AC30, Jazzmaster.

FUCK
FASHION
LETS
SMOKE
MENTHOLS
John Tom
Little Cream Soda

Post by John Tom »

If you really truly want that White Stripes sound, you need to score a single coiled P/U Valco guitar (preferably res-o-glas) and Silvertone Twin Twelve at the minimum with a Blackface 60's Fender Twin Reverb and the following (minimum): Big Muff Pi, Digitech Whammy or Digitech Whammy Wah, & MXR Micro Amp
At least I'm not racin' towards a red light…
--Det. Rust Cohle

Thank you, Tulsa. I can't even lie to you. I love your town so much. Tulsa is more America than America is America. God bless you. I love you. Thank you so much.
--Jack White
Alabama Woody
Tiny Elephant

Post by Alabama Woody »

Looks like fun to me !
Forget what you see
And what you thought was true
It's not really me
Speaking to you

Brendan Benson

"Rock and Roll mother fuckers do you speak it?"
hawke000

"B2F1" Pug/Woody
John Tom
Little Cream Soda

Post by John Tom »

I shit you not Alabama, you take the above setup (even without the Twin Reverb, Airline, and Micro Amp) and stick a Gretsch 6120 (Filtertrons) on it and it makes the the best sounding blues rock setup in the world.

You seriously can't go wrong copying Jack's setup...
At least I'm not racin' towards a red light…
--Det. Rust Cohle

Thank you, Tulsa. I can't even lie to you. I love your town so much. Tulsa is more America than America is America. God bless you. I love you. Thank you so much.
--Jack White
Alabama Woody
Tiny Elephant

Post by Alabama Woody »

I would have to buy a guitar first :-)
Forget what you see
And what you thought was true
It's not really me
Speaking to you

Brendan Benson

"Rock and Roll mother fuckers do you speak it?"