White Stripes return?

Everything in Stripes
kevron6
Gonzo Journalist

White Stripes return?

Post by kevron6 »

I always said, if I had to fuck a guy... I mean had to, if my life depended on it... I'd fuck Elvis.
love_islander
Little People

Re: White Stripes return?

Post by love_islander »

there's like a new one of these every month
Bikedo
Little Ghost

Post by Bikedo »

I'd like that.
I'd like to sleep 100 days, my feeling has gone, flesh cold and numb.
Kaber
Little People

Post by Kaber »

Bring it on.

( in other news Jack announces move back to Detroit stating Kentucky just got yucky... ;-) )
chrono_1980
Little Ghost

Post by chrono_1980 »

Sounds nice - but with his NJ DM collaboration on the go, doubt we'll see anything for a while. But dare to dream I suppose...
Kaber
Little People

Post by Kaber »

chrono_1980 wrote:Sounds nice - but with his NJ DM collaboration on the go, doubt we'll see anything for a while. But dare to dream I suppose...
I thought he just contributes some singing to this?
chrono_1980
Little Ghost

Post by chrono_1980 »

Kaber wrote:
chrono_1980 wrote:Sounds nice - but with his NJ DM collaboration on the go, doubt we'll see anything for a while. But dare to dream I suppose...
Oh? Not 100% sure - that would be good then... Makes it more possible? :?
kevron6
Gonzo Journalist

Post by kevron6 »

Kaber wrote:

I think his part is already complete on his contribution.
I always said, if I had to fuck a guy... I mean had to, if my life depended on it... I'd fuck Elvis.
EdwardWBjornson
Little Acorn

Post by EdwardWBjornson »

Yes, and if he is going to do some touring with ROME, there is plenty of time until that album is out, so Jack could probably have made some new tunes and recorded them as well by that time :)
icdvet
Little Ghost

Post by icdvet »

Dear NSA, I hope that you enjoy this post.
rival
Little Ghost

Post by rival »

Could New Kills Record Lead to a New White Stripes CD?
by Alan Cross | January 12, 2011 8:40 am

I may be going far out on a limb here, but as someone who really wants a new White Stripes album, I’m clutching at any straws that come my way. Follow me on this.

The Kills, the UK-based outfit featuring Alison Mosshart and Jamie Hince have announced a new record called Blood Pressures for April 5. This means that Alison will be tied up with this project and unable to do anything with Jack White in the Dead Weather. That’s one band down. So unless Jack wants to resurrect the Raconteurs (which is always a real possibility), there’s room for a White Stripes record.

But all that, of course, depends on Meg. Is she even interested? Or will Jack just go off and form yet another group?
He fails to mention that the Greenhorns are out and about too so that takes the Racs out of the picture...
Hey, it's just a fucking record. Chill.
flattop2001
Little Ghost

Post by flattop2001 »

Very strong rumors on the Coachella message boards that the Stripes will play. Rumors seem to stem not just from the fact that all Jacks other bands are busy, but Megs hubby is on the road with Wanda J during Coachella. Man I hope this happens more than expecting.

Even more excited that Talking Heads are strongly tipped, but this seems soley due to Tom Tom Club confirming, I think less likely than the Stripes, but looks like Arcade Fire & Neil Young are among the headliners, this and three days of sun in April would make the trip worthwhile, anything else is gravy.

I think the guy hits the nail on the head, Meg holds they key. Please put down any breakables before viewing the poster below.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Don't believe the 60's was the golden age of pop. You glorify the past when the future dries up.
higherlimits
Little People

Post by higherlimits »

The White Stripes generally seem to start tours out with the big festivals like Coachella and Bonaroo, I'd say they'll be at at least one of them. I'm excited for the summer as I'm confident they'll be playing but one thing I hate about them touring is that they don't release show information very far in advance so it's tough to make a trip to see them. I guess as long as it lines up with my summer plans I'll be going to see them at least once.
littleacorn
Little Ghost

Post by littleacorn »

It will happen this summer the stars are aligning and I will get another stripes lp on my birtday june 7th I'm calling it now :D
"Jack White shreds like a man who met the devil at the crossroads and punched him in the nuts"
ochfish707
Little Ghost

Post by ochfish707 »

looks like i may have to go back to coachella... :(

that line up would make it happen fo' shizzle.

is Dean touring with QOTSA again?
Last edited by ochfish707 on Wed Jan 12, 2011 5:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
'i'm taking my ball and going home'