MUST have Vaults

Everything in Stripes
vandelpinkfloyd
Little Bird

MUST have Vaults

Post by vandelpinkfloyd »

Hey all,

Wanted to ask a quick question to gauge some overall thoughts. I got into collecting VP's late and I am pretty caught up with what I was originally looking for. However there are still a few WS vaults/DVDs that I haven't obtained and I'm wondering if any are MUST haves. Listed below I haven't personally seen or heard yet. I've read that UGWNL B-sides is usually :thumbdown: based on the poor audio. Here's the list of what I'm still looking to get if yall think they're :thumbup: Thanks for the opinions!

Under Moorhead Lights All Fargo Night DVD - Package 8

Under New Zealand Lights DVD - Package 12

(JW and Bricks) Live On The Garden Bowl Lanes + DVD - Package 15

Live Under The Lights Of The Rising Sun ‎- Package 21

Just purchased Under Amazonian Lights, excited to give that a listen soon.
Stl_ben
Tiny Elephant

Re: MUST have Vaults

Post by Stl_ben »

Must HAVE - Wanda Jackson live at TMR
Nuff said.
<Quizze> @STL_Ben youre a soulless consumer
http://www.dailyvinyl.net
Coma16
Little Cream Soda

Post by Coma16 »

Nine Miles from the Windy City is their best one, in my opinion.
vandelpinkfloyd
Little Bird

Post by vandelpinkfloyd »

I love Nine Miles! Stones In My Passway! Any other thoughts on those 4 mentioned?

Garden Bowl DVD sounds like it would be cool. I'm almost tempted to download the DVD content but owning the discs isn't too unreasonable. I realize that with each VP release, there were more and more being sold to subscribers. The one correlation I haven't figured out is the pricing for each in the aftermarket. Mississippi for example (maybe because its their last show?) remains very very pricey across the board (discogs/ebay/etc) and yet the UGWNL B-shows can be had for almost half the price of Mississippi and it was the 4th VP. I'm assuming it's because of the reviews of poor sound from what I've read (haven't heard myself).

So yeah, just was curious if these are one watch/listen and done or worth owning and hearing again.
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

Vault 17 for Willie Nelson's birthday is my favourite. It is by far the most unique vault and a great spin with a ton of talented musicians..