12%
Astro
14%

Total votes: 42

pigammon
Little Cream Soda

THE WHITE STRIPES - S/T - KNOCKOUT POLL ROUND FIVE

Post by pigammon »

Would appreciate it if you posted in the thread for the final round rather than this one as that one is the one that needs to be bumped and people are seeing this one instead. Thanks!

Please vote for your THREE least favourite tracks.

Do, Screwdriver and I Fought Piranhas have been eliminated.

Just a quick question before I go - for the next few polls, is there any way of doing them without creating quite as many threads as I have for this album? Any suggestions are welcome.

ELIMINATED SO FAR:
Slicker Drips
Little People
Suzy Lee
Broken Bricks
One More Cup Of Coffee
Jimmy The Exploder
Wasting My Time
When I Hear My Name
St James Infirmary Blues
Do
Screwdriver
I Fought Piranhas
Last edited by pigammon on Sat Aug 22, 2015 5:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Avatar is Fall by Bridget Riley. (1963)
koala
Little Acorn

Re: THE WHITE STRIPES - S/T - KNOCKOUT POLL ROUND FIVE

Post by koala »

You could just change the first post after each round. That way you can have all rounds in one thread.
pigammon
Little Cream Soda

Post by pigammon »

koala wrote:You could just change the first post after each round. That way you can have all rounds in one thread.
I tried that with Round One and Round Two of this poll, but it stopped people from voting for some reason? It was really weird. Thank you though!

Also (not related to the thread discussion but still), I'm a bit surprised Sugar... has made it this far and Screwdriver hasn't, I always considered the latter the fan favourite from this album, and tbh I was fairly certain it would win before I started the poll. Obviously that's not the case now.
Last edited by pigammon on Fri Aug 21, 2015 2:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Datch
Little Acorn

Post by Datch »

koala wrote:You could just change the first post after each round. That way you can have all rounds in one thread.
That was his first plan but it didnt work. The poll wouldnt restart.
“More people know a fragment of his music than know his name.”
koala
Little Acorn

Post by koala »

Then maybe someone could merge all the threads into one after it's done.
I'm upset that Suzy Lee is gone.
pigammon
Little Cream Soda

Post by pigammon »

koala wrote:Then maybe someone could merge all the threads into one after it's done.
That's a good idea, actually. I wouldn't really mind all the threads being deleted at the end, actually. As long as I get records of the votes.
Last edited by pigammon on Sat Aug 22, 2015 12:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
dylnfan
Little Ghost

Post by dylnfan »

koala wrote:Then maybe someone could merge all the threads into one after it's done.
I'm upset that Suzy Lee is gone.
Was thinking the exact same thing.
"I haven't told him, but I'm adding him to my movement to bring nice back. Because nice is the coolest, most punk thing ever."

- Cmelo
Aquamarine
Little Ghost

Post by Aquamarine »

I can't believe I Fought Piranhas is out, that's insane! :shock: Well, it's not, it's just individual taste, but still . . . That was the song I was praying to hear on the Lazaretto tour, and was ecstatic to finally get my wish.

That's why I'm incapable of voting in these polls, it makes no sense to be negative about any song on an album where I love every song, far more than I do thousands and thousands of other songs by other artists. "Least favorite" is so relative in that context.

(Screwdriver???)
dylnfan
Little Ghost

Post by dylnfan »

Agreed. Hands down one of my favorite White Stripes tracks.
"I haven't told him, but I'm adding him to my movement to bring nice back. Because nice is the coolest, most punk thing ever."

- Cmelo
pigammon
Little Cream Soda

Post by pigammon »

Aquamarine wrote:(Screwdriver???)
What about it? It was eliminated last round if you were wondering that. If you were talking about my comment that's purely because I see it mentioned a lot compared to other songs, not to mention it appears on a lot of the Vault Live LPs.

Also, since this poll looks unlikely to change now as it's so late, I've started the final round.
Aquamarine
Little Ghost

Post by Aquamarine »

pigammon wrote:
What about it? It was eliminated last round if you were wondering that. If you were talking about my comment that's purely because I see it mentioned a lot compared to other songs, not to mention it appears on a lot of the Vault Live LPs.

Also, since this poll looks unlikely to change now as it's so late, I've started the final round.
I was just expressing my amazement that it would have been voted out--I hadn't even noticed that before, as I was so shocked that Piranhas was gone! I guess I have a completely different take on this album to a lot of folks.
Datch
Little Acorn

Post by Datch »

Aquamarine wrote:
pigammon wrote:

I was just expressing my amazement that it would have been voted out--I hadn't even noticed that before, as I was so shocked that Piranhas was gone! I guess I have a completely different take on this album to a lot of folks.
Yeah to my feeling all the good songs get voted out the quickest. and now with this last round again. Cannon and Astro left. Either of them wouldn't be my most favorite song of the album I would choose.
“More people know a fragment of his music than know his name.”