Setlist.....

Everything in Stripes
maxman142001
Little Ghost

Setlist.....

Post by maxman142001 »

So I know Jack has said time and time again that they never used setlists...does anyone know if they used them ever? Maybe in the early years around the S/T or De Stijl years?
Last edited by maxman142001 on Mon Jun 02, 2014 8:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<<Jack White>> @Maxman142001 'let me tell you about my baby she was born out in arizona..."
PugFaceRex
Little Ghost

Re: Setlist.....

Post by PugFaceRex »

I would assume so since there is one inside TMR-163 Live at the Gold Dollar LP
<BluefordT> jey pals i am,we is,fuckeres rerred up
<BluefordT> jhdb
-------------------------------------------------------
<Quizze> i didnt like pug asking jack if he would eat himself as a hot dog.... off color
higherlimits
Little People

Post by higherlimits »

I had one once from the DW live at TMR show.

I don't know if that Live at the Gold Dollar was a set list on stage or one that Ben wrote out as they played. He would always write down the set for posterity.
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

He had what appeared to be a setlist at the RSD show at TMR this year. I saw Lalo set it on top of one of the tube amps and Jack referred to it several times during the show. But the band did not have copies, and it seemed like he was still going around and telling them what to play between songs.
"And the message is clear: if we want Jack White as our hero, he will entertain, but not pander. We have to accept all his flaws, whims, caprices and manias as a critical, sometimes uncomfortable, part of the contract."
KNARF
Little Cream Soda

Post by KNARF »

Good Question Leland.

The White Stripes only used set lists occasionally during the early self-titled era of 1998-1999.
It's possible they may have used set-lists very early during the DeStijl tour in 2000, but I don't remember 100% for certain.
My recollection is that by DeStijl they did away with set-lists completely.

That's a good question to ask Jack on the next vault chat.
He's the only one who'd know for sure.
"My sister thanks you and I thank you"
Jettkoral
Little People

Post by Jettkoral »

Oh Bennnnnnnnnnn!
PugFaceRex
Little Ghost

Post by PugFaceRex »

higherlimits wrote:I had one once from the DW live at TMR show.

I don't know if that Live at the Gold Dollar was a set list on stage or one that Ben wrote out as they played. He would always write down the set for posterity.
I thought there were two versions of the setlist that was included at random with the LP, as in one was Meg's, one was Jack's?
<BluefordT> jey pals i am,we is,fuckeres rerred up
<BluefordT> jhdb
-------------------------------------------------------
<Quizze> i didnt like pug asking jack if he would eat himself as a hot dog.... off color