Vinyl: Elephant

Everything in Stripes
carlena777
Little Bird

Vinyl: Elephant

Post by carlena777 »

Ok so i'm in need of some help here I recently just became a white stripes fan and picked up 3 of there vinyls including there self titled, de stijl, and white blood cells, but I am having trouble finding elephant I know that it was re released on RSD of 2013, I wasn't a fan at the time, I checked ebay to look for just a regular copy one that may have been released in the past not the reissued just because people are selling them for a ridiculous amount of money so I went to some record stores even called some of them to, none of them had elephant and said that they were all sold out. So I went on third man records its not there just the reissued and its sold out then I found a record store that said that they could order and put on hold for me so i agreed and its been about a month now and I don't even know if they manufacture elephant any more, I haven't gotten a call they did not say when they would be getting it in but I was just wondering if anyone knows anything about if the album if it was released on vinyl before the reissue? or is there only a chance of me getting the reissue?
love_islander
Little People

Re: Vinyl: Elephant

Post by love_islander »

the TMR release is the reissue. The original issues from 2003 are harder to come by though regularly on ebay. waiting one month for Elephant is too long - go get it!
dunedin
Little Ghost

Post by dunedin »

Check out this thread for all the variants. If it's out of stock, it will be back eventually. The TMR reissue, the black vinyl version, wasn't a limited edition. The RSD version on colored vinyl was limited, but is still easier to get than the V2 version. There are two UK pressings on black vinyl as well and the rare as all get-out Australian version.

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=216
pgharf
Little Cream Soda

Post by pgharf »

If you really don't want to wait, check out discogs. There should be several copies of most variations of Elephant there (with the exception being the Aussie Elephant), including the TMR reissue and the original release from 2003.
carlena777
Little Bird

Post by carlena777 »

Thank you all :D
Kaber
Little People

Post by Kaber »

I have a spare RSD copy
carlena777
Little Bird