Animal Rummy Poster Sale!!! 2007 Set

Rob Jones, Print Mafia, Von Munz, Aesthetic Apparatus and more..
maxman142001
Little Ghost

Re: Animal Rummy Poster Sale!!! 2007 Set

Post by maxman142001 »

Kaber wrote:
woodisgood wrote:Is anyone planning on offering a mass sell here and NOT keeping Glace Bay? If that's the case, I WILL BUY THE GLACE BAY!!
A metal one just sold on ebay for $1500 !
Wonder if they buyer backed out after seeing the Animal Rummy Sale???

[ebay]261256542576[/ebay]
<<Jack White>> @Maxman142001 'let me tell you about my baby she was born out in arizona..."
maxman142001
Little Ghost

Post by maxman142001 »

Update Email from Rob:

Been getting a flood of emails, even still today so I decided to make a FAQ email to answer some of the questions that some folks seem to have.

1. Are these signed and numbered?
Yep.

2. What is a Glace Bay metal poster?
For the 10 anniversary show in Glace Bay, we made a special version printed on a sheet of aluminum. The entirety of the tin man, Dorothy's slippers (they are silver and not "ruby" in the original Baum book), and the earth are all "colored" by the exposed metal which plays with the light in an aesthetically pleasing way. 100 copies were able to be made in time for the show, but 34 of them (or 33, I can't remember, 1 of 3 packages) were destroyed by Canadian customs. My copies and the band's copies were printed later when more time was available. However, my printer learned a lot from making the show copies , so for these he prepared the surface differently and used inks specially made for printing on metal that truly bond to the medium. The result is a hardier image (I can scratch my fingernails across it, but I don't advise you do that) with an easily observed increase in color vibrancy. Due to the increased quality and visual difference, I decided to mark these as a separate edition by having my name and an edition number dremeled on the back (show copies were not numbered due to time constraints).
I went online and found some shots someone took of one of these framed up. I've attached them here so you can see what the result was (the bright spot and streak is from the camera's flash).

3. How much will these Glace Bay metal posters be?
If they are available when you buy a set (first come first serve), they are $500 plus $22 domestic shipping via FedEx Ground. If you don't buy a set, and I have some left over from set buyers who declined to purchase them, then they are $750 plus $22 domestic shipping via FedEx Ground.
International customers will have them shipped differently as part of their first flat pack and it will require around $35 additional postage.

4. From 2007? Are these reprints?
Nope, they are part of the same edition as the ones sold at the original shows. A poster gets made, and some get sent to the show and some get sent to me. This also applies to the Raconteurs 08 sets that I'll have to get around to offering eventually as well.
The only one that isn't the same as the one sold at the show is the afore mentioned Glace Bay metal poster. The one I'm offering, again, is from the same edition that band copies (and copies for their friends and family members) come from

5. My friend says he already bought one, what's up?
Back when I offered Dead Weather sets to folks, I mentioned they would get first crack at the 2007 TWS sets. I thought I would be offering them not long after, instead Jack recorded a solo album and I was offered the chance to design the album, singles, and a slew of posters. In other words, offering the TWS sets got delayed again. I decided to offer anyone who recently bought a Jack White set first crack at buying these sets and sent out a notice before posting the news about the public sale. I'd forgotten about the TDW offer. I would assume anyone who bought a TDW set probably bought a Jack set, however I was wrong and a few people have emailed to take me up on the original TDW offer.

6. Will there be Paypal buttons on the sale day? Where will they be?
Yep, on the front page. I'll contact you separately to offer the Glace Bay metal if available.

7. When are Raconteurs 08 posters going on sale?
I was surprised as many people asked this as they did. Probably not until next year. I got some "give me time to recover from getting the Jack sets before you spring these on us" emails, so I'm going to space out that release a tad. Might as well make it a six year wait just like the Stripes set.
<<Jack White>> @Maxman142001 'let me tell you about my baby she was born out in arizona..."
woodisgood
Little Ghost

Post by woodisgood »

So are a lot of Swirlers goin' for this set? I wish I liked more of the images—I'd probably buy a set if I liked at least half. But I really only like a few, and spending 1400 just a for a chance to get an aluminum Glace for 500 more is waaaay out of my league. (For posters, that is. ;) )

Really curious as to how many Swirlers are going to be buyers.
"I'd wish you happiness, but I know it'd be detrimental to your art."
Stl_ben
Tiny Elephant

Post by Stl_ben »

Just think of it as getting the aluminum Glace Bay for $1k , regular glace bay for $300, and the rest of the prints for $20 each...
<Quizze> @STL_Ben youre a soulless consumer
http://www.dailyvinyl.net
Moller72
Little Ghost

Post by Moller72 »

I'm getting the set but can't justify spending another $500 on the aluminum print.
higherlimits
Little People

Post by higherlimits »

Moller72 wrote:I'm getting the set but can't justify spending another $500 on the aluminum print.
sell the right to buy it!
shaneoftheroad
Little People

Post by shaneoftheroad »

Now that's an idea! haha
Moller72
Little Ghost

Post by Moller72 »

higherlimits wrote:
Moller72 wrote:I'm getting the set but can't justify spending another $500 on the aluminum print.
sell the right to buy it!
You want it.
higherlimits
Little People

Post by higherlimits »

I have one already, thanks though :)
woodisgood
Little Ghost

Post by woodisgood »

So? How'd everyone do? I put one in my cart just when it got posted and ALMOST bit the bullet, got as far as Paypal and pushing the final button. But I just couldn't commit—got my eye on a bigger fish. Sold out I see!
"I'd wish you happiness, but I know it'd be detrimental to your art."
RedRain
Little Bird

Post by RedRain »

I bought a set even though I already have a few of them. Seemed like too good of a deal to pass up.
ashleyco
Little Bird

Post by ashleyco »

I want the airline print...