WS poster in new Evil Dead

Rob Jones, Print Mafia, Von Munz, Aesthetic Apparatus and more..

WS poster in new Evil Dead

Postby Grandpadan » Wed Apr 10, 2013 9:01 pm

Did anyone else notice in the new evil dead movie the White Stripes poster in the cabin? In the beginning of the movie when Mia is looking through pictures on the wall there is a WS live at the Fillmore may 12 2001 (i believe) on the wall. you can also see it at the end of the movie as the guys getting the keys from the cabin. :D
ISO: money to buy more records.
User avatar
Grandpadan
Little Bird
 
Posts: 91
Joined: Tue Dec 13, 2011 4:13 am
Location: Las Vegas

Re: WS poster in new Evil Dead

Postby gst510 » Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:13 pm

Grandpadan wrote:Did anyone else notice in the new evil dead movie the White Stripes poster in the cabin? In the beginning of the movie when Mia is looking through pictures on the wall there is a WS live at the Fillmore may 12 2001 (i believe) on the wall. you can also see it at the end of the movie as the guys getting the keys from the cabin. :D


Haven't seen it yet. How was the movie? Love the original.
User avatar
gst510
Little Acorn
 
Posts: 333
Joined: Tue Jan 22, 2013 7:36 pm
Location: Los Angeles

Re: WS poster in new Evil Dead

Postby a_fiendish_thingy » Thu Apr 11, 2013 12:51 am

gst510 wrote:Haven't seen it yet. How was the movie? Love the original.


Its alot of fun. But check your expectations before hand. If you love the original for what it did for the horror genre, youll like it. If you like gore and that stuff, youll LOVE it. But if you loved the original for the streak of humor thorough it, you probably wont be a fan of it. It has almost NO humor in it, just straight horror and gore. If you go in knowing that, youll probably have a great time, like I did.

And be sure to stay till the end of the credits. The kicker is VERY short, but VERY worth it.
User avatar
a_fiendish_thingy
Little Cream Soda
 
Posts: 330
Joined: Wed Oct 24, 2012 4:29 am
Location: Laurel, MD

Re: WS poster in new Evil Dead

Postby Grandpadan » Thu Apr 11, 2013 4:58 am

yes i enjoyed it a lot.Im a fan of the original as well, so i wasnt expecting much but it past my expectations. as stated before, no humor. but great gore!!!! i came in knowing what to expect so i wasnt disappointed at all. when the guy went to get the keys, i kept saying "grab the white stripes poster!" to my wife. she just gave me a look. haha.
ISO: money to buy more records.
User avatar
Grandpadan
Little Bird
 
Posts: 91
Joined: Tue Dec 13, 2011 4:13 am
Location: Las Vegas

Re: WS poster in new Evil Dead

Postby a_fiendish_thingy » Thu Apr 11, 2013 5:46 am

What really struck me was how really really well made the film was. I really thought about it when !!!SPOILERS!!! Mia was fighting the demon thing at the end. Particularly when she shoved the chainsaw into its face. They way that part was shot, with them standing silhouetted in front of the burning cabin and the blood rain? It was disgusting, but absolutely GORGEOUS. !!!END SPOILERS!!!

And then on top of that, there were almost no digital effects used at all. Nearly everything was practical effects. That must have been a fun shoot to be a part of! :lol:
User avatar
a_fiendish_thingy
Little Cream Soda
 
Posts: 330
Joined: Wed Oct 24, 2012 4:29 am
Location: Laurel, MD

Re: WS poster in new Evil Dead

Postby magi72009 » Thu Apr 11, 2013 6:04 am

wow I just got home from seeing it and I didn't notice it
User avatar
magi72009
Little Cream Soda
 
Posts: 245
Joined: Wed Feb 13, 2013 6:11 pm
Location: NEW YORK

Re: WS poster in new Evil Dead

Postby chaptertwentyone » Mon Apr 15, 2013 6:34 pm

And be sure to stay till the end of the credits. The kicker is VERY short, but VERY worth it.

HAHA! Thank you for the tip, my girlfriend and best friend doubted me, but I told them a very reliable source said it was worth it.
One word: classic.
OH and of course the I pointed out the WS poster...but no one seemed to care. :cry:
“I’M GONNA KILL MY BROTHER JACK
I’M GONNA KILL MY BROTHER JACK
I’M GONNA STAB HIM RIGHT IN THE BACK
PUT HIM IN THIS HOLE
AND HE’LL NEVER COME BACK
MEMBER THAT?”
User avatar
chaptertwentyone
Little Ghost
 
Posts: 3181
Joined: Fri Nov 09, 2012 5:48 pm

Re: WS poster in new Evil Dead

Postby JonnyH » Mon Apr 15, 2013 7:47 pm

AlexFaderr wrote:
And be sure to stay till the end of the credits. The kicker is VERY short, but VERY worth it.

HAHA! Thank you for the tip, my girlfriend and best friend doubted me, but I told them a very reliable source said it was worth it.
One word: classic.
OH and of course the I pointed out the WS poster...but no one seemed to care. :cry:


I care!
User avatar
JonnyH
Little Ghost
 
Posts: 1886
Joined: Wed Mar 16, 2011 8:30 pm
Location: Seattle

Re: WS poster in new Evil Dead

Postby a_fiendish_thingy » Mon Apr 15, 2013 8:59 pm

AlexFaderr wrote:
And be sure to stay till the end of the credits. The kicker is VERY short, but VERY worth it.

HAHA! Thank you for the tip, my girlfriend and best friend doubted me, but I told them a very reliable source said it was worth it.
One word: classic.
OH and of course the I pointed out the WS poster...but no one seemed to care. :cry:


Youre very welcome! It always hurts to see people leaving the theater when I know theres something awesome at the end. Wouldnt want that to happen to any of my good friends here, haha.
User avatar
a_fiendish_thingy
Little Cream Soda
 
Posts: 330
Joined: Wed Oct 24, 2012 4:29 am
Location: Laurel, MD

Re: WS poster in new Evil Dead

Postby Grandpadan » Tue Apr 16, 2013 12:12 am

JonnyH wrote:
AlexFaderr wrote:
And be sure to stay till the end of the credits. The kicker is VERY short, but VERY worth it.

HAHA! Thank you for the tip, my girlfriend and best friend doubted me, but I told them a very reliable source said it was worth it.
One word: classic.
OH and of course the I pointed out the WS poster...but no one seemed to care. :cry:


I care!



I care as Well! :D
ISO: money to buy more records.
User avatar
Grandpadan
Little Bird
 
Posts: 91
Joined: Tue Dec 13, 2011 4:13 am
Location: Las Vegas

Re: WS poster in new Evil Dead

Postby chaptertwentyone » Tue Apr 16, 2013 3:59 am

YOU HEAR THAT WORLD!?
PEOPLE CARE ABOUT ME!
“I’M GONNA KILL MY BROTHER JACK
I’M GONNA KILL MY BROTHER JACK
I’M GONNA STAB HIM RIGHT IN THE BACK
PUT HIM IN THIS HOLE
AND HE’LL NEVER COME BACK
MEMBER THAT?”
User avatar
chaptertwentyone
Little Ghost
 
Posts: 3181
Joined: Fri Nov 09, 2012 5:48 pm

Re: WS poster in new Evil Dead

Postby jrfhoutx » Tue Apr 16, 2013 4:31 am

a_fiendish_thingy wrote:
gst510 wrote:Haven't seen it yet. How was the movie? Love the original.


Its alot of fun. But check your expectations before hand. If you love the original for what it did for the horror genre, youll like it. If you like gore and that stuff, youll LOVE it. But if you loved the original for the streak of humor thorough it, you probably wont be a fan of it. It has almost NO humor in it, just straight horror and gore. If you go in knowing that, youll probably have a great time, like I did.

And be sure to stay till the end of the credits. The kicker is VERY short, but VERY worth it.


Glad everyone has enjoyed it so far...

Thanks, this line just saved me $50... Not that I really expected this to live up to the original, but taking the humor from the film ruins it and makes it no different than any other B horror film. in fact I hate how 90% of movies released now are just crappy remakes of awesome movies or cult classics.
"They were a garage band on Sympathy?! Who knew?" -- EVM
ISO/FS/FT
FLANAGAN, YARRGH!!!
Douchebag Thief
User avatar
jrfhoutx
Flipper
 
Posts: 1697
Joined: Mon Nov 21, 2011 10:46 am
Location: Where everything is bigger...

Re: WS poster in new Evil Dead

Postby a_fiendish_thingy » Tue Apr 16, 2013 5:17 am

jrfhoutx wrote:
a_fiendish_thingy wrote:
gst510 wrote:Haven't seen it yet. How was the movie? Love the original.


Its alot of fun. But check your expectations before hand. If you love the original for what it did for the horror genre, youll like it. If you like gore and that stuff, youll LOVE it. But if you loved the original for the streak of humor thorough it, you probably wont be a fan of it. It has almost NO humor in it, just straight horror and gore. If you go in knowing that, youll probably have a great time, like I did.

And be sure to stay till the end of the credits. The kicker is VERY short, but VERY worth it.


Glad everyone has enjoyed it so far...

Thanks, this line just saved me $50... Not that I really expected this to live up to the original, but taking the humor from the film ruins it and makes it no different than any other B horror film. in fact I hate how 90% of movies released now are just crappy remakes of awesome movies or cult classics.


Yeah, it really is not a film for everyone. And while it cannot come close to the greatness of the original trilogy (but lets be honest, what possibly could??), it is in a league far beyond just a crappy remake. At least this one was well made and the original team had creative input, unlike trainwrecks like those horrible Nightmare on Elm Street or Halloween remakes. Its not gonna be remembered as a classic like the original, but I dont regret going to see it.

I totally get wanting to avoid it though! If someone remade a classic nearer to my heart than Evil Dead (like The Princess Bride maybe....), no matter how good people said it was I would probably avoid it like the plague. Haha
User avatar
a_fiendish_thingy
Little Cream Soda
 
Posts: 330
Joined: Wed Oct 24, 2012 4:29 am
Location: Laurel, MD

Re: WS poster in new Evil Dead

Postby chaptertwentyone » Tue Apr 16, 2013 11:47 am

I totally get wanting to avoid it though! If someone remade a classic nearer to my heart than Evil Dead (like The Princess Bride maybe....), no matter how good people said it was I would probably avoid it like the plague. Haha

:shock:
Inconcieveable!
Round of applause for this individual.
“I’M GONNA KILL MY BROTHER JACK
I’M GONNA KILL MY BROTHER JACK
I’M GONNA STAB HIM RIGHT IN THE BACK
PUT HIM IN THIS HOLE
AND HE’LL NEVER COME BACK
MEMBER THAT?”
User avatar
chaptertwentyone
Little Ghost
 
Posts: 3181
Joined: Fri Nov 09, 2012 5:48 pm

Re: WS poster in new Evil Dead

Postby hunkswithguns » Fri Jun 27, 2014 2:44 am

I loved how it was re-imagined to be something completely different than the original. Sure the humor is gone but the love for filmmaking from the cast and crew is palpable throughout the whole film. It was a blast seeing it in theaters with fellow Deadites and was the only movie in recent memory to offer up genuine scares!!
hunkswithguns
Little Bird
 
Posts: 45
Joined: Fri Jun 27, 2014 12:11 am
Location: SC


Return to Posters

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests