III

Rob Jones, Print Mafia, Von Munz, Aesthetic Apparatus and more..
harvestgirl
spinning top mama

Re: Frames

Post by harvestgirl »

kevron6 wrote: I know what you mean I really do not view mine as an investment and I have certain ones that I have given each of my son's, but at the same time if they ever want to sell them I would want them to be in tip top condition to be able to do so. Please post pictures when yours come back I always like to see what people choose everyone knows I am the plain black frame and black mat kind of boring person.

of course i'll post pics :)
"Doodled on your Milwaukee 03 as well (white flowers, cups of coffee, and love letters)"
3quid
Little Acorn

Post by 3quid »

Although I would prefer the mylar framing corners, correct me if I'm wrong, but don't art museums use linen tape for all of their stuff. If something is good enough for some of the older stuff they have there, why is it not good enough for our posters that can't even compare in value?
kevron6
Gonzo Journalist

Post by kevron6 »

3quid wrote:Although I would prefer the mylar framing corners, correct me if I'm wrong, but don't art museums use linen tape for all of their stuff. If something is good enough for some of the older stuff they have there, why is it not good enough for our posters that can't even compare in value?
Acid free linen tape is a little different story than regular release tape or just some random acid free tape they decide to use. Some use linen tape some use Japanese hinges and some do it without anything at all. Walk into a normal chain store frame shop or just about any frame shop and ask them if they use linen tape. Most will just say yeah we use tape. Fact of the matter is most of them do not give a shit and places like Michael's that have a 18 year old kid working the counter kind of scare me. Everywhere is different I know Kaseyls has a really great framer I am just saying be clear and upfront about the materials you want used on your print, if not any jackass can drymount it or use masking tape to attach it to a mat.
I always said, if I had to fuck a guy... I mean had to, if my life depended on it... I'd fuck Elvis.
harvestgirl
spinning top mama

Post by harvestgirl »

my michael's framer lady is totally knew what she was talking about & is way over 18.

just sayin' ;)
"Doodled on your Milwaukee 03 as well (white flowers, cups of coffee, and love letters)"