Gigposter: Glace Bay 07

Rob Jones, Print Mafia, Von Munz, Aesthetic Apparatus and more..
MegBot3000
Site Admin

Gigposter: Glace Bay 07

Post by MegBot3000 »

This topic is dedicated to, and is for, and about the The White Stripes gigposter for their show in Glace Bay, Nova Scotia 2007 by Rob Jones.

10th Anniversary of The White Stripes

WhiteSwirl takes no responsibility for MegBot malfunctions.
kevron6
Gonzo Journalist

Re: Gigposter: Glace Bay 07

Post by kevron6 »

What do you say about this poster, I think everyone realizes the Tin Woodsman and Dorothy represent Jack and Meg. One of my favorite posters as most everyone knows there was a paper version and an aluminum version to celebrate the 10th anniversary show. Apparently aluminum is the customary gift for a 10th anniversay.

Edition size: 236 paper
66 aluminum
Poster size: 19x26 paper
20x24 aluminum
I always said, if I had to fuck a guy... I mean had to, if my life depended on it... I'd fuck Elvis.
3quid
Little Acorn

Post by 3quid »

ms8shaw
Little Cream Soda

Post by ms8shaw »

Mine arrived on Saturday. Thank you Ian again! :) It is beautiful, we are going to get it framed this week probably and I will post pictures when it is done.
The White Stripes
4 Shows
Raconteurs
7 Shows
Dead Weather
8 Shows
kevron6
Gonzo Journalist

Post by kevron6 »

Aluminum or paper?
I always said, if I had to fuck a guy... I mean had to, if my life depended on it... I'd fuck Elvis.
ms8shaw
Little Cream Soda

Post by ms8shaw »

Aluminum.
The White Stripes
4 Shows
Raconteurs
7 Shows
Dead Weather
8 Shows
trickster
Greek Mod

Post by trickster »

some of the rarest posters change hands like they were candy recently
That one looks awesome.

I seem to see so many silvers lately that I forgot how the normal one looks
:lol:
Please check my TMR pin/button ISO viewtopic.php?f=18&t=11426
kevron6
Gonzo Journalist

Post by kevron6 »

ms8shaw wrote:Aluminum.
Sweet it is still one of my biggest ISO's. If only I had the money
flattop2001
Little Ghost

Post by flattop2001 »

Not sure if a pic of this has been posted before but there is a second print of the poster on Aluminum. Numbered from 160+ on the back (engraved) The printing is a lot deeper and the colours more vivid than the original. Best of all virtually scratch proof. I own both and although I wouldn't trade the show version for anything, this version does blow it away for appearance... Excuse the pic, my camera sucks.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Don't believe the 60's was the golden age of pop. You glorify the past when the future dries up.
3quid
Little Acorn

Post by 3quid »

flattop2001 wrote:Not sure if a pic of this has been posted before but there is a second print of the poster on Aluminum. Numbered from 160+ on the back (engraved) The printing is a lot deeper and the colours more vivid than the original. Best of all virtually scratch proof. I own both and although I wouldn't trade the show version for anything, this version does blow it away for appearance... Excuse the pic, my camera sucks.
Could you post a pic of the show version to compare the two?
trickster
Greek Mod

Post by trickster »

flattop2001 wrote:Not sure if a pic of this has been posted before but there is a second print of the poster on Aluminum. Numbered from 160+ on the back (engraved) The printing is a lot deeper and the colours more vivid than the original. Best of all virtually scratch proof. I own both and although I wouldn't trade the show version for anything, this version does blow it away for appearance... Excuse the pic, my camera sucks.
Where did you get that version from?
Please check my TMR pin/button ISO viewtopic.php?f=18&t=11426
flattop2001
Little Ghost

Post by flattop2001 »

trickster wrote:
Where did you get that version from?
Direct from Rob. He will be selling with the 2007 WS sets (Don't hold your breath)

Matt, this is the only pic I have on my computer of them together hanging, not great as you can see, but I will take them down and post a better one over the weekend.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Don't believe the 60's was the golden age of pop. You glorify the past when the future dries up.
7th_son
Fate Accelerator

Post by 7th_son »

Thanks for the pics Jimmy, there does appear to be a marked difference.

I might as well join the aluminum party, here's my show edition.

flattop2001
Little Ghost

Post by flattop2001 »

3quid wrote:
Could you post a pic of the show version to compare the two?
Found this one. As I say crappy camera and picture doesn't do either print justice, however good comparison on the detail (2nd print on the right)
7th_son
Fate Accelerator

Post by 7th_son »

I think I prefer the red on the show edition. The red on the 2nd print looks dull. Maybe it's just the picture, but it seems to agree with my picture as well. I can see that some subtle details are enhanced on the 2nd printing though.