Gigposter: London, Ontario 07

Rob Jones, Print Mafia, Von Munz, Aesthetic Apparatus and more..
MegBot3000
Site Admin

Gigposter: London, Ontario 07

Post by MegBot3000 »

This topic is dedicated to, and is for, and about the The White Stripes gigposter for their show in London, Ontario 2007 by Rob Jones.

WhiteSwirl takes no responsibility for MegBot malfunctions.
kevron6
Gonzo Journalist

Re: Gigposter: London, Ontario 07

Post by kevron6 »

A reference to John the Revelator check out the seven eyes. Although never confirmed this could also be a reference to the Book of Revelation and the Seven Seals check it out and decide for yourself.

Edition size: 282
Poster size: 20x26
I always said, if I had to fuck a guy... I mean had to, if my life depended on it... I'd fuck Elvis.
Tonic&Gin
Little Acorn

Post by Tonic&Gin »

I have to admit, I am a bit disappointed with this poster (being 7/7/7). I love the lines and the circles and the continents hidden in the eyes. The eyes that were used and the background image that get me. I don't know why it bugs me so.
carsoni4
Little Bird

Post by carsoni4 »

If anyone has an extra copy of this poster, please let me know. Was one of the better WS shows I attended and I'd love to get my hands on a copy.
Tonic&Gin
Little Acorn

Post by Tonic&Gin »

Oh though I do like that there is one of the 7 continents hidden in each eye.
hawke000

Post by hawke000 »

It's a gorgeous print in person . It is based on the book of revelation 5:6 and it was by far one of the most glorious shows I've ever seen. They were really fired up that day. And no that wasn't an understatement.
IamFrank007
Little Acorn

Post by IamFrank007 »

I have this poster , it is cool..And yes they were on fire that night. We took my son and his buddy to their first concert that night.
Frank is a funkasaurus rex......................
IamFrank007
Little Acorn

Post by IamFrank007 »

Finally got this framed....UV Conservation Clear,double mats. Black/White core ,Fireball/White core.Brushed Satin Pewter moulding
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
hawke000

Post by hawke000 »

IamFrank007 wrote:Finally got this framed....UV Conservation Clear,double mats. Black/White core ,Fireball/White core.Brushed Satin Pewter moulding

Dude that looks great! I might follow with this framing job :D Where did you do it?
IamFrank007
Little Acorn

Post by IamFrank007 »

hawke000 wrote:
IamFrank007 wrote:Finally got this framed....UV Conservation Clear,double mats. Black/White core ,Fireball/White core.Brushed Satin Pewter moulding

Dude that looks great! I might follow with this framing job :D Where did you do it?
My local framer cuts all the materials, and I put it all together.Great guy if you live near London,Ontario,Canada.....I am going to do all my frames in these materials
hawke000

Post by hawke000 »

Yeah man, I have some family there, whats the name of the shop? I might drop by!
IamFrank007
Little Acorn

Post by IamFrank007 »

hawke000 wrote:Yeah man, I have some family there, whats the name of the shop? I might drop by!
David G. Guthrie Framing Supply.