Members Database Project - White Swirl needs YOU!

Rob Jones, Print Mafia, Von Munz, Aesthetic Apparatus and more..

Members Database Project - White Swirl needs YOU!

Postby 7th_son » Sun Jan 08, 2012 8:04 pm

I have a proposition to make to the community.
If this gains any steam, I will split this into a separate topic, but let's just see.

Please post below if you would be willing to tackle 1 record/poster/item and search ebay for finished and current auctions, search popsike for past sales, and even search under the rug for old receipts, and most importantly, record that data in the database. Just 1 item, make it your own and find all info out there. I believe that if we get info into the database, people will start referencing it in discussions and it will positively stimulate its growth. Think about how useful this could be.

Who's with me? Post below, and choose an item, any item. Or as an alternative, we could start at the chronological start, and move forward from there.
_______________________________________________________________________________________

INFO FOR ADDING SALES:
For current and completed ebay auctions, simply enter the ebay item number under the "listings" tab. The system recognizes completed auctions and automatically adds the auction's ending price.
For items found at popsike.com or expressobeans.com or a similar source, enter them under the sales history tab. For currency, please use US$ and when the final sale was in another currency, please convert to US$ using the date of sale at a website such as this one: http://www.oanda.com/currency/converter/ .

Yes, at present it will record your name as the seller, but shortly we will likely change that column to "recorded by" or similar and add another column for seller or source etc. The most important thing for now, is gathering the data.
_______________________________________________________________________________________

1. 7th_son: let's shake hands, 1st press, Italy (red)

EDIT: Here's what our goal looks like:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
7th_son
Fate Accelerator

Re: Post your most recent acquisition

Postby dagingerrocker » Sun Jan 08, 2012 8:07 pm

7th_son wrote:That's much appreciated! You can add finished ebay auctions, by simply entering the item number under the listings tab in the database, it will realize that the auction is finished and post the selling price. That way it doesn't read as though you have sold it. But, either way, it's information and we appreciate it!

I have a proposition to make to the community.
If this gains any steam, I will split this into a separate topic, but let's just see.

Please post below if you would be willing to tackle 1 record/poster/item and search ebay for finished and current auctions, search popsike for past sales, and even search under the rug for old receipts, and most importantly, record that data in the database. Just 1 item, make it your own and find all info out there. I believe that if we get info into the database, people will start referencing it in discussions and it will positively stimulate it's growth. Think about how useful this could be.

Who's with me? Post below, and choose an item, any item. Or as an alternative, we could start at the chronological start, and move forward from there.

ill do lsh second
I understand that and you got a point there but this amp goes up to eleven...
dagingerrocker
Little Acorn

Postby TheHen0 » Sun Jan 08, 2012 8:09 pm

I'll do LSH first.
TheHen0
Little Ghost

Postby 7th_son » Sun Jan 08, 2012 8:10 pm

dagingerrocker wrote:ill do lsh second

Very cool of you, if you want to join the list, just copy it from the most recent post and add your name and the item of your choosing. We'll keep a running list. All are welcome to help!

2. dagingerrocker: let's shake hands, 2nd press, Italy (black)
7th_son
Fate Accelerator

Postby TheHen0 » Sun Jan 08, 2012 8:17 pm

I'll do both WS record store day reissues.

3. TheHen0: The White Stripes RSD reissues 2011, TMR (let's shake hands and lafayette blues)
Last edited by 7th_son on Sun Jan 08, 2012 8:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: added running list
TheHen0
Little Ghost

Postby elduderino » Sun Jan 08, 2012 8:34 pm

7th_son wrote:
dagingerrocker wrote:ill do lsh second

Very cool of you, if you want to join the list, just copy it from the most recent post and add your name and the item of your choosing. We'll keep a running list. All are welcome to help!

4. elduderino: triple decker

i'll do the nipple becker.

3. TheHen0: The White Stripes RSD reissues 2011, TMR (let's shake hands and lafayette blues)
4. elduderino: Triple Decker
Last edited by 7th_son on Sun Jan 08, 2012 8:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: added edited running list
he is everything i hate...
elduderino
Little Ghost

Postby shaneoftheroad » Sun Jan 08, 2012 8:48 pm

I'll take Hand Springs.

5. shaneoftheroad: Hand Springs
shaneoftheroad
Little People

Postby shaneoftheroad » Sun Jan 08, 2012 8:58 pm

I think this should be a separate thread but it's a GREAT idea to get our database built up properly.
shaneoftheroad
Little People

Postby dagingerrocker » Sun Jan 08, 2012 9:01 pm

now i went through all popsike records of my record i averaged it out and found the average cost for an LSH 2nd press is 78 dollars, yet the most recent sale was for 37, so what now?
I understand that and you got a point there but this amp goes up to eleven...
dagingerrocker
Little Acorn

Postby 7th_son » Sun Jan 08, 2012 9:07 pm

shaneoftheroad wrote:I think this should be a separate thread but it's a GREAT idea to get our database built up properly.

Thanks for helping shane, and you're right, I'll split this off since we seem to be gathering steam here.
7th_son
Fate Accelerator

Postby 7th_son » Sun Jan 08, 2012 9:08 pm

dagingerrocker wrote:now i went through all popsike records of my record i averaged it out and found the average cost for an LSH 2nd press is 78 dollars, yet the most recent sale was for 37, so what now?

Ok, so what you want to do now is record the date and price of each sale in the database, like I am currently doing here:

http://www.whiteswirl.com/index.php?act ... view=sales
7th_son
Fate Accelerator

Postby TheHen0 » Sun Jan 08, 2012 9:33 pm

dagingerrocker wrote:now i went through all popsike records of my record i averaged it out and found the average cost for an LSH 2nd press is 78 dollars, yet the most recent sale was for 37, so what now?

I got one for 25.
TheHen0
Little Ghost

Re: Members Database Project - White Swirl needs YOU!

Postby dylnfan » Sun Jan 08, 2012 9:42 pm

5. shaneoftheroad: Hand Springs
6. dylnfan: Lafayette Blues, Italy, 1st Press, White

Don't forget to convert foreign currencies!
"I haven't told him, but I'm adding him to my movement to bring nice back. Because nice is the coolest, most punk thing ever."

- Cmelo
dylnfan
Little Ghost

Re: Members Database Project - White Swirl needs YOU!

Postby 7th_son » Sun Jan 08, 2012 9:58 pm

dylnfan wrote:
Don't forget to convert foreign currencies!

Thanks dylnfan! And yes, a couple of things should be paid attention to:

i. foreign currencies, please convert to US$, here is a useful site: http://www.xe.com/
ii. fakes! If you select one of the records that their are known fakes of, please pay attention when recording sales and leave the fakes out. Records to be aware of include: let's shake hands 1st and 2nd presses (Italy), Hello Operator (SFTRI). There is info on fakes here: viewtopic.php?f=17&t=1470 . Really, there aren't very many I suppose, but if you aren't familiar with identifying a fake Hello Operator, maybe don't choose that one.

Anything else?
7th_son
Fate Accelerator

Postby shaneoftheroad » Sun Jan 08, 2012 9:58 pm

7th_son wrote:

Ok, so what you want to do now is record the date and price of each sale in the database, like I am currently doing here:

http://www.whiteswirl.com/index.php?act ... view=sales

Is it a problem that when we add the price it says the item was sold by us? Can we change that in the system?
shaneoftheroad
Little People

Next

Return to Posters