Framed White Stripes Posters....

Rob Jones, Print Mafia, Von Munz, Aesthetic Apparatus and more..
User avatar
trickster
Greek Mod
Posts: 5520
Joined: Wed May 06, 2009 5:30 am
Location: Greece
Contact:

Re: Framed White Stripes Posters....

Post by trickster » Sat Jun 20, 2009 5:40 pm

more from flickr
Image
Image
Image


that american frame site looks like its an excellent place to create a custom frame and
its cheaper than any framer from where I live

I wonder how the mat is being shipped
rolled or something? otherwise it would make a big package

cant make the site to show me the shipping costs though
Please check my TMR pin/button ISO viewtopic.php?f=18&t=11426

User avatar
3quid
Little Acorn
Posts: 944
Joined: Sat Apr 25, 2009 4:37 am

Re: Framed White Stripes Posters....

Post by 3quid » Sat Jun 20, 2009 6:33 pm

trickster wrote:more from flickr
Image

that american frame site looks like its an excellent place to create a custom frame and
its cheaper than any framer from where I live

I wonder how the mat is being shipped
rolled or something? otherwise it would make a big package

cant make the site to show me the shipping costs though
"You hard working computer genius"? Is that what it says?

Mat is shipped flat from american frame. Nothing is rolled.

User avatar
trickster
Greek Mod
Posts: 5520
Joined: Wed May 06, 2009 5:30 am
Location: Greece
Contact:

Re: Framed White Stripes Posters....

Post by trickster » Sat Jun 20, 2009 6:43 pm

3quid wrote:
"You hard working computer genius"? Is that what it says?

Mat is shipped flat from american frame. Nothing is rolled.
I read the exact same thing
hmmm shipped flat means it adds a lot to the parcel size and subsequently to the shipping costs
Please check my TMR pin/button ISO viewtopic.php?f=18&t=11426

User avatar
7th_son
Fate Accelerator
Posts: 2830
Joined: Tue Apr 21, 2009 1:17 am
Location: Citadel Hill

Re: Framed White Stripes Posters....

Post by 7th_son » Sat Jun 20, 2009 9:14 pm

The frames from american frame are shipped assembled so the packages are always big. The mat is never the size limiting factor so to speak. Very good quality shipping, but for international you need to place the order and then they will contact you with a shipping a quote which you have to then approve before they continue with processing the order. The shipping is expensive, but still a good deal for the product you get. My shipping quotes have always been >$50, but to Greece, I imagine it will be more.

barrowc
Little Cream Soda
Posts: 240
Joined: Wed Apr 29, 2009 1:43 am

Re: Framed White Stripes Posters....

Post by barrowc » Sun Jun 21, 2009 4:02 am

The "You hard working computer genius" one is Brian/KingSnake's from the LR

User avatar
7th_son
Fate Accelerator
Posts: 2830
Joined: Tue Apr 21, 2009 1:17 am
Location: Citadel Hill

Re: Framed White Stripes Posters....

Post by 7th_son » Sun Jun 21, 2009 5:23 am

barrowc wrote:The "You hard working computer genius" one is Brian/KingSnake's from the LR
Makes ultimate sense now. Thanks Colin! :)

User avatar
trickster
Greek Mod
Posts: 5520
Joined: Wed May 06, 2009 5:30 am
Location: Greece
Contact:

Re: Framed White Stripes Posters....

Post by trickster » Sun Jun 21, 2009 8:09 am

7th_son wrote:The frames from american frame are shipped assembled so the packages are always big. The mat is never the size limiting factor so to speak. Very good quality shipping, but for international you need to place the order and then they will contact you with a shipping a quote which you have to then approve before they continue with processing the order. The shipping is expensive, but still a good deal for the product you get. My shipping quotes have always been >$50, but to Greece, I imagine it will be more.
I got the impression that the frame per se comes unassembled and you have to put wood glue etc to
create the wooden square skeleton etc. They even have pdfs and videos online for that.
But anyway I guess if I find the shipping quote expensive then they cancel my order and dont charge my card

Thanks for info Adam
Please check my TMR pin/button ISO viewtopic.php?f=18&t=11426

User avatar
7th_son
Fate Accelerator
Posts: 2830
Joined: Tue Apr 21, 2009 1:17 am
Location: Citadel Hill

Re: Framed White Stripes Posters....

Post by 7th_son » Sun Jun 21, 2009 5:35 pm

trickster wrote: I got the impression that the frame per se comes unassembled and you have to put wood glue etc to
create the wooden square skeleton etc. They even have pdfs and videos online for that.
Ok, here' something I found in the FAQs.

How will my metal and wood frames arrive?
Metal frames are shipped unassembled with FREE assembly hardware and instructions to put it together. Wood frames, up to 54 united inches (UI), are shipped assembled. Over 54 UI, they can be shipped assembled with an additional Oversize fee. Visit “Framing Basics” to view our animated tutorial on framing techniques.

And here's something I think I've recieved with orders, but the wood frame has always been assembled. There may be some options I'm simply not aware of though.

Image

User avatar
trickster
Greek Mod
Posts: 5520
Joined: Wed May 06, 2009 5:30 am
Location: Greece
Contact:

Re: Framed White Stripes Posters....

Post by trickster » Sun Jun 21, 2009 5:55 pm

7th_son wrote:
trickster wrote: I got the impression that the frame per se comes unassembled and you have to put wood glue etc to
create the wooden square skeleton etc. They even have pdfs and videos online for that.
Perhaps I'm missing something that you're seeing? Or maybe that's an option for shipping that I haven't paid attention to. Can you link me?
http://www.americanframe.com/AmericanFr ... asics.aspx

from what that page is saying and from the videos I thought that the frames come un-assembled but I might be wrong cause I didnt read all the text there
Please check my TMR pin/button ISO viewtopic.php?f=18&t=11426

User avatar
7th_son
Fate Accelerator
Posts: 2830
Joined: Tue Apr 21, 2009 1:17 am
Location: Citadel Hill

Re: Framed White Stripes Posters....

Post by 7th_son » Sun Jun 21, 2009 5:59 pm

Good timing. :lol:

Yeah, I think you are right, there must be some option for unassembled or assembled.

User avatar
fondfarewell
Little Cream Soda
Posts: 122
Joined: Tue May 26, 2009 3:35 pm
Location: New York City

Re: Framed White Stripes Posters....

Post by fondfarewell » Wed Jun 24, 2009 4:37 am

my little corner. too many are sitting in my poster box. the aluminium print was my first rob jones piece, so i went a bit nuts on the frame job. ah well.

Image

Image

Image

User avatar
JohnC
Little Ghost
Posts: 1210
Joined: Wed Apr 22, 2009 9:10 pm
Location: Chester ,UK.
Contact:

Re: Framed White Stripes Posters....

Post by JohnC » Wed Jun 24, 2009 8:30 am

Very nice job !
http://hhhancock.tumblr.com

ISO :
Action Bronson - LP's , 7"s etc !
Supercute/Dum Dum Girls - Rookie Tunes Flexi.
Tina Trachtenburg "Rachel" doll

User avatar
trickster
Greek Mod
Posts: 5520
Joined: Wed May 06, 2009 5:30 am
Location: Greece
Contact:

Re: Framed White Stripes Posters....

Post by trickster » Wed Jun 24, 2009 9:30 am

fondfarewell wrote:my little corner. too many are sitting in my poster box. the aluminium print was my first rob jones piece, so i went a bit nuts on the frame job. ah well.
Image
is the bigger one the Aluminium LP print included in your copy?
Please check my TMR pin/button ISO viewtopic.php?f=18&t=11426

User avatar
fondfarewell
Little Cream Soda
Posts: 122
Joined: Tue May 26, 2009 3:35 pm
Location: New York City

Re: Framed White Stripes Posters....

Post by fondfarewell » Wed Jun 24, 2009 6:35 pm

trickster wrote: is the bigger one the Aluminium LP print included in your copy?
yessir.

User avatar
Tonic&Gin
Little Acorn
Posts: 824
Joined: Tue Apr 21, 2009 9:51 am

Re: Framed White Stripes Posters....

Post by Tonic&Gin » Wed Jul 01, 2009 2:28 pm

Image

Quite possibly the greatest framing job EVER.

Post Reply