Question for the WS print experts...

Rob Jones, Print Mafia, Von Munz, Aesthetic Apparatus and more..
bh1644
Little Ghost

Re: Question for the WS print experts...

Post by bh1644 »

makers888 wrote: I'd be much more bummed about missing the experience at Stubb's than I'd be about the poster. That place is killer and has hosted some good shows.
was a joke, and yes Stubbs is amazing... been there many times! a friend drug me to the "secret" Metallica show there in 2009 and it was incredible!
bh1644
Little Ghost

Post by bh1644 »

Bikedo wrote:This is my framed Euro Tour version.
Black wooden frame and a simple black matte.

beautiful!! did you do it yourself?
bh1644
Little Ghost

Post by bh1644 »

for those like me that had never had a poster professionally framed, thought I would lay out the costs in my first experience at Michael's...
first off I had a 55% off custom framing coupon... they seem to have that special running every week...
my poster was a Hatch Show Print with the dimensions: 15 1/4 x 20 3/4
the overall dimensions after framing was 19 3/4 x 25 1/4
the cost broke down as follows:

3/16 Acid Free Foam Core Backing $1.48
Preservation $9.64
Masterpiece UV Protection Glass (22" x 28") $20.20
Preservation Fit $7.72
Matte Black Metal Frame $73.16
Black/Black Mat $19.04
Tax $10.50
TOTAL $141.74

they promised it to me in 2 weeks and it was ready exactly when they said it would be...
they were very friendly and the girl that helped me was a huge Stripes fan, she was really excited to get to work on this one... I highly recommend them

FireyHadoken
Little Cream Soda

Post by FireyHadoken »

bh1644 wrote:for those like me that had never had a poster professionally framed, thought I would lay out the costs in my first experience at Michael's...
first off I had a 55% off custom framing coupon... they seem to have that special running every week...
my poster was a Hatch Show Print with the dimensions: 15 1/4 x 20 3/4
the overall dimensions after framing was 19 3/4 x 25 1/4
the cost broke down as follows:

3/16 Acid Free Foam Core Backing $1.48
Preservation $9.64
Masterpiece UV Protection Glass (22" x 28") $20.20
Preservation Fit $7.72
Matte Black Metal Frame $73.16
Black/Black Mat $19.04
Tax $10.50
TOTAL $141.74

they promised it to me in 2 weeks and it was ready exactly when they said it would be...
they were very friendly and the girl that helped me was a huge Stripes fan, she was really excited to get to work on this one... I highly recommend them

I'm glad you posted this. I need to get my Jack White @Workplay poster framed and needed a cost estimate. On a side note: I got this same poster at a moving sale in my hometown for a whopping 7 dollars. Best seven dollars ever spent.
"And if you're saying goodbye
Please don't you think me bitter
For recalling every rhyme
From the book, the page, the line, the word, the letter."
higherlimits
Little People

Post by higherlimits »

Make sure you know how they put the poster on the backing board.. Most places will tape it down which you can't undo without hurting the poster..
bh1644
Little Ghost

Post by bh1644 »

higherlimits wrote:Make sure you know how they put the poster on the backing board.. Most places will tape it down which you can't undo without hurting the poster..
good thing to think about, I didn't ask, but I am never taking it out of the frame... this thing will never leave my possession...
orangeshoeskid
Little Ghost

Post by orangeshoeskid »

Looks nice! I did mine myself and don't have the UV protected glass or the foam core.

We only have hobby lobby here and I always get the frame 1/2 off and same with the mat boards too.
I think mine might have cost a total of $30 with all acid free materials.
“We’re more about having fun. I don’t really care about lyrics, honestly. Its rock n’ roll, ya’ know.” - JEFF the Brotherhood
Facebook / FT/ISO / ExpressoBeans Collection / Google+
bh1644
Little Ghost

Post by bh1644 »

orangeshoeskid wrote:Looks nice! I did mine myself and don't have the UV protected glass or the foam core.

We only have hobby lobby here and I always get the frame 1/2 off and same with the mat boards too.
dang, that's a big difference in price... If I was gonna do more I would look into it, but I don't see myself framing anything else... very nice job on yours, I like the frame you used... and BTW I am the Brad that just sent you a FB friend req.
orangeshoeskid
Little Ghost

Post by orangeshoeskid »

bh1644 wrote:
orangeshoeskid wrote:Looks nice! I did mine myself and don't have the UV protected glass or the foam core.

dang, that's a big difference in price... If I was gonna do more I would look into it, but I don't see myself framing anything else... very nice job on yours, I like the frame you used... and BTW I am the Brad that just sent you a FB friend req.
Yeah, I started doing my own because I have so many posters that I need to frame but no time to do them or place to hang them. I think I have probably 20-30 posters either laying flat somewhere or in tubes. I try and use the same frame for every poster, so they all can kind of tie together. It's just a plain, wood frame painted black. Nothing fancy about it. I have looked into building my own frames for the odd sized posters I've got, but no idea really where to start.
“We’re more about having fun. I don’t really care about lyrics, honestly. Its rock n’ roll, ya’ know.” - JEFF the Brotherhood
Facebook / FT/ISO / ExpressoBeans Collection / Google+