Question for the WS print experts...

Rob Jones, Print Mafia, Von Munz, Aesthetic Apparatus and more..
icdvet
Little Ghost

Re: Question for the WS print experts...

Post by icdvet »

Expected wrote:
icdvet wrote:There is another version of this print with only about 6 dates on (oddly, not listed in EBeans), but I cannot remember if Texas is one of them.
Any idea if this is the one with Berkeley September 13th 2003? I haven't been able to find a specific poster for that show. Ima Robot opened up for them.
I will pull this out today and check.
Dear NSA, I hope that you enjoy this post.
icdvet
Little Ghost

Post by icdvet »

achouza wrote:actually,,,

[ebay]170634562520[/ebay]
Maybe it is a combination of my natural paranoia and the recent "fake blood card" mania, but this looks a bit "off" to me. I don't like the way this curles either side of the weight - this Hatch print (like most I have seen from them) is on thick cardstock which just does not curl up at the corners like that. And the ink is definitely really pale (though that could just be the photo).
Please note I am not trying to scare everyone off so I can get this cheap (I already have one, I just need the Euro version).
achouza
Little Ghost

Post by achouza »

interesting,,, can these hatch show prints be rolled up is the material not really bendable?
<<<< Ahuevooo! >>>>
Bikedo
Little Ghost

Post by Bikedo »

icdvet wrote: I don't like the way this curles either side of the weight - this Hatch print (like most I have seen from them) is on thick cardstock which just does not curl up at the corners like that. And the ink is definitely really pale (though that could just be the photo).
achouza wrote:interesting,,, can these hatch show prints be rolled up is the material not really bendable?
Bought one last month wich came in a tube.
Yes they can be rolled up and yes they do curl up so it's flattening right now.

Poster on Ebay looks fine to me and I'm surprised nobody used the $250 BIN when it was still an option.
Curious now to see where this one will end.... not surprised if this would end higher than $250
Expected wrote:
icdvet wrote:There is another version of this print with only about 6 dates
Any idea if this is the one with Berkeley September 13th 2003? I haven't been able to find a specific poster for that show. Ima Robot opened up for them.
The one with the 6 dates are all for shows in april 2003 [15th - 30th]
Don't know of one for the september 13th show but there are people around her that know much more about posters than me so maybe they can help you.
I'd like to sleep 100 days, my feeling has gone, flesh cold and numb.
bh1644
Little Ghost

Post by bh1644 »

thanks again for the heads up, I sure hope it's legit... feel like I got a good deal, will let you know when it arrives! ;)
Last edited by bh1644 on Mon May 09, 2011 1:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
ochfish707
Little Ghost

Post by ochfish707 »

The Berkeley show in 03 didn't have a print, not to my knowledge at least.
'i'm taking my ball and going home'
bh1644
Little Ghost

Post by bh1644 »

Got this in the mail today... it's beautiful in person...
since this is my first real poster I have a couple of questions...
Can I store it in the tube until I can get it framed?
And approximately how much will it cost to frame it?
Any advice or pointers?
icdvet
Little Ghost

Post by icdvet »

TAKE.OUT.AND.STORE.FLAT!
In mylar ideally.
Frame everything acid free with UV-resistant glass.
bh1644
Little Ghost

Post by bh1644 »

icdvet wrote:TAKE.OUT.AND.STORE.FLAT!
In mylar ideally.
Frame everything acid free with UV-resistant glass.
do you do this yourself or have a framer do it...
can someone give me a ballpark figure to get it framed and matted acid free with the right glass... I am not concerned with an ornate frame, the simpler the better
orangeshoeskid
Little Ghost

Post by orangeshoeskid »

Send it to me and I'll frame it for you....you just might not get it back :)
But the plus side is... I'll do it free of charge! :D

...depends on where you go. If you go to Michaels/Hobby Lobby/etc. you will pay an arm and a leg, and you'll always hear horror stories of how someone's priceless poster has been treated.
Mom and pop stores are usually cheaper, I think a safe estimate might be $150-200
Americanframe.com has custom sizes and ships them to you and everything, you just have to assemble it. I'm not sure of the size of the poster (not listed on expressobeans), I'm guessing maybe like 14x20 or something (probably way off) but you can get a custom frame done through americanframe for about $60 with an acid-free backing board and regular plexi-glass. I'm sure most on here would recommend you get the UV protected plexi-glass and maybe even non-glare, which would bump the price up to about $80.
Or you can buy a cheap frame, mat cutter (or get frame store to cut it), and do it yourself. I do that with all of mine (have a nice mat cutter) and with a cheap frame(just regular glass though), most posters only end up costing me about $25-35.

Hope that helps.
(I'm very jealous of your poster, it's probably the one poster I want the most)
“We’re more about having fun. I don’t really care about lyrics, honestly. Its rock n’ roll, ya’ know.” - JEFF the Brotherhood
Facebook / FT/ISO / ExpressoBeans Collection / Google+
bh1644
Little Ghost

Post by bh1644 »

orangeshoeskid wrote:Send it to me and I'll frame it for you....you just might not get it back :)
But the plus side is... I'll do it free of charge! :D
:lol: although free sounds like a good deal, I am gonna go with my instincts and handle it myself... lol...
thanks a lot for the info, I appreciate it... this will probably be my only poster ever... the first and only WS show I got to see... have seen the DW and Racs multiple times, but there's nothing like the magic of your first...

Haven't measured it yet, but read somewhere that it's 15 1/2" x 21 1/4", you were close...

if anyone else has any tips let me know, prob won't have the cash to do anything for a month or so... will spend this time researching...

stumbled upon this pic, this is kinda what I am going for but with maybe a little mat:

Last edited by bh1644 on Fri May 13, 2011 8:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
orangeshoeskid
Little Ghost

Post by orangeshoeskid »

I'm actually on that same site now reading about his hatch show print experience. I'm trying to stumble upon one for sale online. I know I won't but I'm bored.
It was my first WS show too, I saw them for free at Stone Mountain in Atlanta, GA. It was amazing. Luckily I did get to see them again in 07.
“We’re more about having fun. I don’t really care about lyrics, honestly. Its rock n’ roll, ya’ know.” - JEFF the Brotherhood
Facebook / FT/ISO / ExpressoBeans Collection / Google+
bh1644
Little Ghost

Post by bh1644 »

orangeshoeskid wrote:I'm actually on that same site now reading about his hatch show print experience. I'm trying to stumble upon one for sale online. I know I won't but I'm bored.
It was my first WS show too, I saw them for free at Stone Mountain in Atlanta, GA. It was amazing. Luckily I did get to see them again in 07.
you were lucky, was gonna drive down to the Austin show in 07, but tour got cancelled just before...
this was the poster that was for that cancelled show, kinda glad I didn't get stuck with this hideous thing on the wall:

what's the link, I found it on FLIKR with no story...

EDIT: Nevermind, just found it:
http://collectionsaredangerous.blogspot ... -love.html
Bikedo
Little Ghost

Post by Bikedo »

This is my framed Euro Tour version.
Black wooden frame and a simple black matte.

I'd like to sleep 100 days, my feeling has gone, flesh cold and numb.
makers888
Little Acorn

Post by makers888 »

bh1644 wrote:
orangeshoeskid wrote:I'm actually on that same site now reading about his hatch show print experience. I'm trying to stumble upon one for sale online. I know I won't but I'm bored.
you were lucky, was gonna drive down to the Austin show in 07, but tour got cancelled just before...
this was the poster that was for that cancelled show, kinda glad I didn't get stuck with this hideous thing on the wall:

what's the link, I found it on FLIKR with no story...

EDIT: Nevermind, just found it:
http://collectionsaredangerous.blogspot ... -love.html
I'd be much more bummed about missing the experience at Stubb's than I'd be about the poster. That place is killer and has hosted some good shows.