whats up with this???

Rob Jones, Print Mafia, Von Munz, Aesthetic Apparatus and more..
DBCooper
Little Acorn

whats up with this???

Post by DBCooper »

only 50 made...rob jones...awesome looking??? why no demand?
[ebay]290553205065[/ebay]
i thought about putting in a bid when he had it for sale last month, but low funds. wondering what the story of this print was?
That can go now.
orangeshoeskid
Little Ghost

Re: whats up with this???

Post by orangeshoeskid »

I think I remember that going up on sale around here. I wasn't paying attention much at the time, but I remember passing on it. It's not by Rob Jones, hence no demand. It was done by a guy named Jeff Boyes at Visual Technicians, according to..expressobeans.
http://www.visualtechnicians.com/prints.php
http://www.expressobeans.com/public/detail.php/126247
“We’re more about having fun. I don’t really care about lyrics, honestly. Its rock n’ roll, ya’ know.” - JEFF the Brotherhood
Facebook / FT/ISO / ExpressoBeans Collection / Google+
DBCooper
Little Acorn

Post by DBCooper »

ahh...well its a sweet poster, but not for a hundred. guy is lying saying its a RJ. im gonna send him a message. see what he says. it would look nice on my wall for 50.
That can go now.
Grimtale
Little People

Post by Grimtale »

That was a Kevron project here on the Swirl this past year. One of the most awesome posters I've ever seen.
You wouldn't get mine for $100. Ask Kevron, he might have some spares.
Grim
I am everything you hate...
rival
Little Ghost

Post by rival »

I think VT has a lot of great stuff...maybe even more than RJ when you consider the amount of repetition/reusage of ideas RJ has...And don't get me wrong...I do like some of RJ's stuff. RJ has established himself as The White Stripes/The Raconteurs/The Dead Weather's artists (and deservingly so) but anything he does now is considered awesome...even if it was a piece of shit.

Just look at Brad Klausen with Pearl Jam posters...anything he does now, there's a stampede to buy his prints when he sells them...even if it looks like this: http://www.artillerydesign.com/images/p ... _large.jpg (this is currently selling for around $500... http://www.expressobeans.com/public/detail.php/128754 :? )

Don't even get me started on the Mr Brainwash garbage...
Last edited by rival on Sun Apr 10, 2011 2:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hey, it's just a fucking record. Chill.
Grimtale
Little People

Post by Grimtale »

rival wrote:I think VT has a lot of great stuff...maybe even more than RJ when you consider the amount of repetition/reusage of ideas RJ uses...ANd don't get me wrong...I do like some of RJ's stuff. RJ has established himself as The WHite Stripes/The Raconteurs/The Dead Weather's artists (and deservingly so) but anything he does now is considered awesome...even if it was a piece of shit.

Just look at Brad Klausen with Pearl Jam posters...anything he does now, there's a stampede to buy his prints when he sells them...even if it looks like this: http://www.artillerydesign.com/images/p ... _large.jpg (this is currently selling for around $500... http://www.expressobeans.com/public/detail.php/128754 :? )

I only own one RJ piece, I personally don't like his work. That's why art is personal, its all about what you like. I think this poster Kev did is better than any RJ I've ever seen.
But that's my opinion, and we know what it's worth.
Grim
I am everything you hate...
rival
Little Ghost

Post by rival »

Grimtale wrote: I only own one RJ piece, I personally don't like his work. That's why art is personal, its all about what you like. I think this poster Kev did is better than any RJ I've ever seen.
Grim
I think its a beautiful print...I'm done collecting prints though...now I only get prints from shows I attend...Which means I'll never hang a WS poster as the shows I went to never had posters and the one I had to sell my tickets to, did.
Hey, it's just a fucking record. Chill.
greginchains
Little Ghost

Post by greginchains »

DBCooper wrote:ahh...well its a sweet poster, but not for a hundred. guy is lying saying its a RJ. im gonna send him a message. see what he says. it would look nice on my wall for 50.
Lying, or adding in non relevant persons to attract buyers. I've seen that strategy before.....

[ebay]220752232582[/ebay] [ebay]290553205065[/ebay]
I only wanted to be good enough, but I'm not.
DBCooper
Little Acorn

Post by DBCooper »

it works really well to get people with similar interests to buy a related item!! glad to see people here are still a bit teary.

you're my biggest fan chainer!
That can go now.
kevron6
Gonzo Journalist

Post by kevron6 »

DBCooper wrote:only 50 made...rob jones...awesome looking??? why no demand?
i thought about putting in a bid when he had it for sale last month, but low funds. wondering what the story of this print was?

Definitely will be one of the most collectible prints of all time. Why? Because there are only 50 of them and only a few have ever made it out of collectors hands. Wait ten years and it will be worth $5K
I always said, if I had to fuck a guy... I mean had to, if my life depended on it... I'd fuck Elvis.
dylnfan
Little Ghost

Post by dylnfan »

kevron6 wrote:
DBCooper wrote:only 50 made...rob jones...awesome looking??? why no demand?

Definitely will be one of the most collectible prints of all time. Why? Because there are only 50 of them and only a few have ever made it out of collectors hands. Wait ten years and it will be worth $5K
Let's hope so! LOL!
"I haven't told him, but I'm adding him to my movement to bring nice back. Because nice is the coolest, most punk thing ever."

- Cmelo
kevron6
Gonzo Journalist

Post by kevron6 »

Less than 50 actually were ever sent out to fans. So there are actually less than 50 in people collections. This is the HPLB of posters.
I always said, if I had to fuck a guy... I mean had to, if my life depended on it... I'd fuck Elvis.
mojoryan
Little People

Post by mojoryan »

Grimtale wrote:
rival wrote:I think VT has a lot of great stuff...maybe even more than RJ when you consider the amount of repetition/reusage of ideas RJ uses...ANd don't get me wrong...I do like some of RJ's stuff. RJ has established himself as The WHite Stripes/The Raconteurs/The Dead Weather's artists (and deservingly so) but anything he does now is considered awesome...even if it was a piece of shit.

I only own one RJ piece, I personally don't like his work. That's why art is personal, its all about what you like. I think this poster Kev did is better than any RJ I've ever seen.
Grim
Couldn't agree more, Grim: I love the PJ prints rival linked. Now, what's this about it being a kevron project? in what aspect? I think this wasbefore my arrival here on WS Island. It's a damn fine print, indeed. Signed too?
"I might not be perfect but I'm me to the bone"~ Seasick Steve
...words to live by.
"This steepen guy grinds my gears."~stl_ben
imo, it's all a result of the modern record collectors association with commodity fetishism~dcmak5
Kaber
Little People

Post by Kaber »

Dissing RJ is in in poor taste. His work rules.
Hatch show prints are also damn fine - saw behind the scenes there today - awesome.
The work that goes into each of these artists work is quite something.
kevron6
Gonzo Journalist

Post by kevron6 »

This was a Visual Technicians project