whats up with this???

Rob Jones, Print Mafia, Von Munz, Aesthetic Apparatus and more..
mojoryan
Little People

Re: whats up with this???

Post by mojoryan »

kevron6 wrote:This was a Visual Technicians project
Throw me a bone: are you affiliated with Visual Technicians then? Grim referred to it as a "kevron" project...not afraid to say; I'm lost.
"I might not be perfect but I'm me to the bone"~ Seasick Steve
...words to live by.
"This steepen guy grinds my gears."~stl_ben
imo, it's all a result of the modern record collectors association with commodity fetishism~dcmak5
7th_son
Fate Accelerator

Post by 7th_son »

mojoryan wrote:
Throw me a bone: are you affiliated with Visual Technicians then? Grim referred to it as a "kevron" project...not afraid to say; I'm lost.
Kevin commissioned the print from Jeff Boyes at VT by paying him to make the photograph into a run of prints. A nice looking print, though I haven't seen it in person yet. He is hoarding mine.
mojoryan
Little People

Post by mojoryan »

7th_son wrote:
mojoryan wrote:
Kevin commissioned the print from Jeff Boyes at VT by paying him to make the photograph into a run of prints. A nice looking print, though I haven't seen it in person yet. He is hoarding mine.
Oh! Right on! I was beginning to think, between this thread and a different one (where someone was selling all 4 RSD releases but made NO sense to me) that I was just being thick-headed. :roll:

Well played, kevron! THAT gives me an idea!
"I might not be perfect but I'm me to the bone"~ Seasick Steve
...words to live by.
"This steepen guy grinds my gears."~stl_ben
imo, it's all a result of the modern record collectors association with commodity fetishism~dcmak5
DBCooper
Little Acorn

Post by DBCooper »

i emailed the guy that listed it last night, and he still had it. bought it for 80 bucks shipped! im excited to put it up! gonna look nice in the music room. thanks for all the info on the print!
That can go now.
monkeys
Little Bird

Post by monkeys »

kevron6 wrote:
DBCooper wrote:only 50 made...rob jones...awesome looking??? why no demand?
[ebay]290553205065[/ebay]
i thought about putting in a bid when he had it for sale last month, but low funds. wondering what the story of this print was?

Definitely will be one of the most collectible prints of all time. Why? Because there are only 50 of them and only a few have ever made it out of collectors hands. Wait ten years and it will be worth $5K
$5000? No way that will ever happen, guaranteed. Kevron must be joking.
chris865
Little Ghost

Post by chris865 »

Quite a nice print but NOT a Rob jones print, is it??
DBCooper
Little Acorn

Post by DBCooper »

nope its not, but as kevron said it is one of the most rare stripes/jack prints out there.
That can go now.
orangeshoeskid
Little Ghost

Post by orangeshoeskid »

But almost every other stripes prints out there aren't worth much. The early von munz stuff is really the other other valuable poster. I tend to agree with Kevron on most everything...but I'll have to disagree on it being worth much in the years to come. The little room made posters a few years back, small run of those too, had some white stripes 'themes' in it as well, those are probably worth far less than the $20 or $30 they cost, and I can't see their value going up at all.
“We’re more about having fun. I don’t really care about lyrics, honestly. Its rock n’ roll, ya’ know.” - JEFF the Brotherhood
Facebook / FT/ISO / ExpressoBeans Collection / Google+
hawke000

Post by hawke000 »

orangeshoeskid wrote:But almost every other stripes prints out there aren't worth much. The early von munz stuff is really the other other valuable poster. I tend to agree with Kevron on most everything...but I'll have to disagree on it being worth much in the years to come. The little room made posters a few years back, small run of those too, had some white stripes 'themes' in it as well, those are probably worth far less than the $20 or $30 they cost, and I can't see their value going up at all.
DB is being a smart ass.
DBCooper
Little Acorn

Post by DBCooper »

i wasnt being a smart ass! it is in fact a pretty rare print. it may or may not be worth a bunch of money someday. that being said its a great poster to look at on the wall, and i get more comments on that one than any rob jones print i have.
That can go now.
hsp88
Little Ghost

Post by hsp88 »

DBCooper wrote:i wasnt being a smart ass! it is in fact a pretty rare print. it may or may not be worth a bunch of money someday. that being said its a great poster to look at on the wall, and i get more comments on that one than any rob jones print i have.
Coop stop being a smart ass
DBCooper
Little Acorn

Post by DBCooper »

sorry im done
That can go now.