Handbills: Australia/NZ 2006

Rob Jones, Print Mafia, Von Munz, Aesthetic Apparatus and more..
Post Reply
User avatar
MegBot3000
Site Admin
Posts: 319
Joined: Tue Apr 21, 2009 1:13 am

Handbills: Australia/NZ 2006

Post by MegBot3000 » Sun Apr 26, 2009 6:13 pm

This topic is dedicated to handbills from The White Stripes 2006 tour of Australia and New Zealand, by Rob Jones.
WhiteSwirl takes no responsibility for MegBot malfunctions.

User avatar
kevron6
Gonzo Journalist
Posts: 3071
Joined: Tue Apr 21, 2009 4:10 am
Location: Bluegrass State

Re: Handbills: Australia/NZ 2006

Post by kevron6 » Mon Apr 27, 2009 1:36 am

Austrailia/NZ 2006 1
Image
Size: 6x12.5

Australia/NZ 2006 2
Image
Size: 6x12.5
I always said, if I had to fuck a guy... I mean had to, if my life depended on it... I'd fuck Elvis.

User avatar
Scheckywhite
everything you hate...
Posts: 966
Joined: Tue Apr 21, 2009 10:22 am

Re: Handbills: Australia/NZ 2006

Post by Scheckywhite » Fri May 01, 2009 11:28 pm

Didn't I send you them as a thank you for helping me out with something?
I wish I was purple, because I'm feeling blue. I'm not looking for love, but a good fuck'll do.

User avatar
7th_son
Fate Accelerator
Posts: 2830
Joined: Tue Apr 21, 2009 1:17 am
Location: Citadel Hill

Re: Handbills: Australia/NZ 2006

Post by 7th_son » Mon May 11, 2009 1:14 am

[ebay]250422142250[/ebay]

hwitsey
Little Bird
Posts: 19
Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2012 4:59 am

Re: Handbills: Australia/NZ 2006

Post by hwitsey » Fri Mar 29, 2013 5:03 am

anyone have any background on these?

User avatar
love_islander
Little People
Posts: 4635
Joined: Fri Nov 27, 2009 10:12 pm
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Contact:

Re: Handbills: Australia/NZ 2006

Post by love_islander » Fri Mar 29, 2013 7:41 am

hwitsey wrote:anyone have any background on these?
What would you like to know about them?

hwitsey
Little Bird
Posts: 19
Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2012 4:59 am

Re: Handbills: Australia/NZ 2006

Post by hwitsey » Sat Mar 30, 2013 6:06 am

love_islander wrote:
hwitsey wrote:anyone have any background on these?
What would you like to know about them?
Who is that mysterious peg legged, trench coat rocking and apple wielding fellow? also any idea how much these usually fetch? they would make a great set

User avatar
love_islander
Little People
Posts: 4635
Joined: Fri Nov 27, 2009 10:12 pm
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Contact:

Re: Handbills: Australia/NZ 2006

Post by love_islander » Sat Mar 30, 2013 6:33 am

hwitsey wrote:
love_islander wrote:
hwitsey wrote:anyone have any background on these?
What would you like to know about them?
Who is that mysterious peg legged, trench coat rocking and apple wielding fellow? also any idea how much these usually fetch? they would make a great set
It's a Moby Dick related poster - not sure which character it is as I've not read the book. On the show poster it has parts of the story scribbled over it. It's certainly not my favourite poster, but I decided to have a poster of each show I've gone to. I bought this pair of handbills back in 2011 and I think I paid around $80 for the pair, though some of the money was a donation. I think the user harvestgirl may have one of these still.

User avatar
coldsoup
Little Cream Soda
Posts: 133
Joined: Thu Apr 22, 2010 3:00 am
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Contact:

Re: Handbills: Australia/NZ 2006

Post by coldsoup » Sat Mar 30, 2013 10:57 am

love_islander wrote:
hwitsey wrote:
love_islander wrote:
hwitsey wrote:anyone have any background on these?
What would you like to know about them?
Who is that mysterious peg legged, trench coat rocking and apple wielding fellow? also any idea how much these usually fetch? they would make a great set
It's a Moby Dick related poster - not sure which character it is as I've not read the book. On the show poster it has parts of the story scribbled over it. It's certainly not my favourite poster, but I decided to have a poster of each show I've gone to. I bought this pair of handbills back in 2011 and I think I paid around $80 for the pair, though some of the money was a donation. I think the user harvestgirl may have one of these still.
It's Captain Ahab, and the main show poster was kind of poor, but same deal, went to the show, had to have the poster. Sigh. I think RJ may have some of these left, I picked mine up in 2010 from him, he wouldn't let me buy them specifically but he threw them in when I spent a lot of money on other posters.
...if you can hear a piano fall...

User avatar
higherlimits
Little People
Posts: 4065
Joined: Tue Apr 21, 2009 1:14 am

Re: Handbills: Australia/NZ 2006

Post by higherlimits » Sun Mar 31, 2013 2:28 am

There was a full show poster that went with the handbills. And yes, Rob doesn't sell handbills..

hwitsey
Little Bird
Posts: 19
Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2012 4:59 am

Re: Handbills: Australia/NZ 2006

Post by hwitsey » Sun Mar 31, 2013 11:19 am

coldsoup wrote:
love_islander wrote:
hwitsey wrote:
love_islander wrote:
hwitsey wrote:anyone have any background on these?
What would you like to know about them?
Who is that mysterious peg legged, trench coat rocking and apple wielding fellow? also any idea how much these usually fetch? they would make a great set
It's a Moby Dick related poster - not sure which character it is as I've not read the book. On the show poster it has parts of the story scribbled over it. It's certainly not my favourite poster, but I decided to have a poster of each show I've gone to. I bought this pair of handbills back in 2011 and I think I paid around $80 for the pair, though some of the money was a donation. I think the user harvestgirl may have one of these still.
It's Captain Ahab, and the main show poster was kind of poor, but same deal, went to the show, had to have the poster. Sigh. I think RJ may have some of these left, I picked mine up in 2010 from him, he wouldn't let me buy them specifically but he threw them in when I spent a lot of money on other posters.
Interesting. Also, Iv'e never really seen another of rob's posters with this style of illustration, it certainly stands out among them as different

Post Reply