Welcome to White Swirl

Rob Jones, Print Mafia, Von Munz, Aesthetic Apparatus and more..

Welcome to White Swirl

Postby kevron6 » Mon Oct 04, 2010 12:26 am

I would like to extend a warm welcome to all members of the board. White Swirl takes pride in welcoming all members to join our eclectic community of serious collectors of vinyl, posters and various other Jack White/TMR ephemera. We have a merch section of the board that allows members to connect with other members to buy/sell/trade items that members are looking to add to their collection. Please make yourself at home and enjoy the small little piece of heaven we have built for collectors looking to connect with each other. You not only get to enjoy the anonymity of the internet you also have access to people with similar interests and I think you will find that the majority of the community is more than happy to share their knowledge of collecting or just willing to converse about things you may have in common. Please feel free to PM me or ask me a question on the board and I promise to make your experience at White Swirl both informative and enjoyable. I love meeting all the members so please feel free to post a little about yourself and your collection here. Thanks again for joining White Swirl and I look forward to meeting a plethora of new members as well as existing members.

Cheers,

Kevin
I always said, if I had to fuck a guy... I mean had to, if my life depended on it... I'd fuck Elvis.
kevron6
Gonzo Journalist

Re: Welcome to White Swirl

Postby Grimtale » Mon Oct 04, 2010 12:36 am

Is this kevin on Prozac?
Grim
I am everything you hate...
Grimtale
Little People

Postby kevron6 » Mon Oct 04, 2010 12:49 am

I wanted to add a little information that I left off in my initial post welcoming everyone. We host a wide variety of members here on White Swirl. The level of collectors ranges from completists that must have every variation if vinyl whether is it is a tri-color, black vinyl, different size (7" versus 12"),'test pressings, promos or hand painted super rare editions. The socioeconomic status is very diverse as well we have several students who spend their book money on vinyl and very wealthy members who can afford it all. We do not differentiate in the treatment of these members we welcome all members equally.

Another feature we are really proud of are interviews we have been able to facilitate for the membership. We have hosted several and there are more in the works. Please feel free to browse through some of the past archived interviews with various artists, musicians and TMR employees like Ben Blackwell and Ben Swank.

It does not matter to us if you are batshit crazy or perfectly sane we encourage you to join our little community and be an active member of White Swirl. Some members take themselves very serious and some like to have a good time and mix it up a little on the board. Once again we love the diversity of the membership and welcome them all. Thanks again to all the members for their support.
I always said, if I had to fuck a guy... I mean had to, if my life depended on it... I'd fuck Elvis.
kevron6
Gonzo Journalist

Postby kevron6 » Mon Oct 04, 2010 1:11 am

One more update from my original post. Please be respectful to all members and try to avoid any language that could be offensive or perceived as offensive to other members. White Swirl does not endorse censorship or wish to infringe on members rights to free speech but please try to keep it clean. A good rule of thumb is if you would be ashamed if your mother or children read your post then please do not post it. Thanks again for joining White Swirl!
kevron6
Gonzo Journalist

Postby dylnfan » Mon Oct 04, 2010 1:49 pm

kevron6 wrote:It does not matter to us if you are batshit crazy or perfectly sane we encourage you to join our little community and be an active member of White Swirl.

:lol:
"I haven't told him, but I'm adding him to my movement to bring nice back. Because nice is the coolest, most punk thing ever."

- Cmelo
dylnfan
Little Ghost

Postby dylnfan » Mon Oct 04, 2010 1:50 pm

kevron6 wrote:One more update from my original post. Please be respectful to all members and try to avoid any language that could be offensive or perceived as offensive to other members. White Swirl does not endorse censorship or wish to infringe on members rights to free speech but please try to keep it clean. A good rule of thumb is if you would be ashamed if your mother or children read your post then please do not post it. Thanks again for joining White Swirl!

Good thing I have no respect for my own mother and am sterile. :(
"I haven't told him, but I'm adding him to my movement to bring nice back. Because nice is the coolest, most punk thing ever."

- Cmelo
dylnfan
Little Ghost

Postby love_islander » Thu Oct 07, 2010 11:28 am

dylnfan wrote:
kevron6 wrote:One more update from my original post. Please be respectful to all members and try to avoid any language that could be offensive or perceived as offensive to other members. White Swirl does not endorse censorship or wish to infringe on members rights to free speech but please try to keep it clean. A good rule of thumb is if you would be ashamed if your mother or children read your post then please do not post it. Thanks again for joining White Swirl!

Good thing I have no respect for my own mother and am sterile. :(

Sounds like you lead an unrestricted life
love_islander
Little People

Postby tracyk859 » Thu Dec 30, 2010 3:32 am

Thanks for the post. Hi guys, Im a newbie. Nice to join this forum.
tracyk859
Little Bird

Postby anonymousbrunette » Sat Mar 26, 2011 1:06 pm

Welcome aboard Tracy! Pay no attention to Hawke. He is the bastard child we've adopted at the swirl. He's quirky but we love him.
"I didn't mean to drown myself. I meant to swim till I sank - but that's not the same thing."

My ISO/FS/FT List
anonymousbrunette
Little People

Postby Grimtale » Sat Mar 26, 2011 1:25 pm

tracyk859 wrote:Thanks for the post. Hi guys, Im a newbie. Nice to join this forum.

Welcome aboard. As long as you don't have the nickname "sparky" you'll have a great time here.
You'll figure that one out if you hang around long enough.
:-)
Grim
Grimtale
Little People

Postby killeralien » Wed Apr 20, 2011 9:01 pm

Thanks for the welcome. I am a long time die hard UK Beatles 1st press LP collector (extremely valuable and coveted).

I am a recent TMR convert. I am continually amazed at Jack White's marketing savvy and his ability to create a frenzy over current LP collecting. It is very exciting to see this happening; and I cannot wait to learn more about TMR and grow my TMR collection. My first purchase was made at his rolling record store at SXSW, I got The Greenhornes "4 star" white Vinyl (Great band by the way), and a split color White Stripes that was $150 (my first White Stripes LP also a Great band by the way ;-)

I have spent a lot of time on eBay checking out TMR Merch and RSD merch trying to learn more. But I end up feeling disgusted at the hustlers and pimps who buy these collectibles and then have them listed quite literally, within the next hour on eBay at outrageous markups. This is capitalism at its worst. Well all capitalism is fairly evil but I digress.
It's not the having, it's the getting
killeralien
Little Cream Soda

Postby Grimtale » Wed Apr 20, 2011 9:24 pm

killeralien wrote:Thanks for the welcome. I am a long time die hard UK Beatles 1st press LP collector (extremely valuable and coveted).

I am a recent TMR convert. I am continually amazed at Jack White's marketing savvy and his ability to create a frenzy over current LP collecting. It is very exciting to see this happening; and I cannot wait to learn more about TMR and grow my TMR collection. My first purchase was made at his rolling record store at SXSW, I got The Greenhornes "4 star" white Vinyl (Great band by the way), and a split color White Stripes that was $150 (my first White Stripes LP also a Great band by the way ;-)

I have spent a lot of time on eBay checking out TMR Merch and RSD merch trying to learn more. But I end up feeling disgusted at the hustlers and pimps who buy these collectibles and then have them listed quite literally, within the next hour on eBay at outrageous markups. This is capitalism at its worst. Well all capitalism is fairly evil but I digress.

Welcome aboard...

I too think they should have open shotgun season on flippers from June - May... no daily bag limit either...
Grim
Grimtale
Little People

Postby killeralien » Thu Apr 21, 2011 12:10 am

Grimtale wrote:
killeralien wrote:Thanks for the welcome. I am a long time die hard UK Beatles 1st press LP collector (extremely valuable and coveted).

Welcome aboard...

I too think they should have open shotgun season on flippers from June - May... no daily bag limit either...
Grim

Thanks!

I must confess however, that although I think them scum, they can come in handy when I truly must have something. I caved and bought Nirvana Hoarmoning $44 and Whitestripes Layfayette Blues $34 RSD. You see, when I finally was able to get my hungover self out of bed Sat. AM and bike to the record stores, those were already long gone and on ebay. Luckily the dirge can only by one item per artist per visit.
It's not the having, it's the getting
killeralien
Little Cream Soda

Postby F_hazy » Fri Apr 29, 2011 2:35 am

Hi to everyone here at White Swirl.
I'm pretty much a new member, I say pretty much cause I created this account about a month ago but I am finally getting around to formally introducing myself. My name is Adam and I have been collecting vinyl records for almost a year now.( Haha sounds like the intro to vinyl junkie anonymous.) I have a small collection of records that I love dearly and a good number of those are third man related. My favorite White Stripes album is Elephant and my dream/goal is to get every version of it on vinyl.(Currently have no versions on vinyl but planning to get the UK version soon.) On another note I started selling vinyl recently. I pretty much just sell records to buy records for my collection, by no means am I getting rich off it....So yeah, I'm done spilling my guts now. Hope we can all be cool chums.
F_hazy
Little Bird

Postby dylnfan » Fri Apr 29, 2011 4:47 am

F_hazy wrote:Hi to everyone here at White Swirl.
I'm pretty much a new member, I say pretty much cause I created this account about a month ago but I am finally getting around to formally introducing myself. My name is Adam and I have been collecting vinyl records for almost a year now.( Haha sounds like the intro to vinyl junkie anonymous.) I have a small collection of records that I love dearly and a good number of those are third man related. My favorite White Stripes album is Elephant and my dream/goal is to get every version of it on vinyl.(Currently have no versions on vinyl but planning to get the UK version soon.) On another note I started selling vinyl recently. I pretty much just sell records to buy records for my collection, by no means am I getting rich off it....So yeah, I'm done spilling my guts now. Hope we can all be cool chums.

Welcome aboard! (Get out while you still can.)

- Cmelo
dylnfan
Little Ghost

Next

Return to Posters